Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAnswers
    thanks smoothy

its not that im inexperienced or that i havent dated a lot of women. quite the opposite really, but while i have no trouble getting a date with attractive, successful women, i do find it is difficult to find a spark or connection with someone that i feel i really mesh well with.

my current gf has told me she feels the same way, although, looking back withthe info i now have, it seems she may be a committmentphobe and she has zero trouble finding 'fillers' to take up the space in between boyfriends.

what does bother me is her need to hold onto all of the old stuff. imo, the past is the past.

anyway, i just wanted to respond and let you know we are going to see a therapist. thanks for the advice
    If the therapy doesn't pan out keep in mind the best relationships I have had are not with women I sought out specifically, but chance meetings that led to a second meeting and then more. Finding the right woman isn't so much looking for her, but more like recognising her when you do meet her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad past [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 and have yet to have a girlfriend ( I no it sound really sad), I have had a really bad past from primary to secondary I was really overweight and unattractive this of course lead to low confidence since then thoe I have thined out and become a lot more warrey of what I look like when I go...

Her past and mine... [ 14 Answers ]

Now what Im going to write I have cut short to save your eyes hurting apoligies if its still long... I have just turned 20 and basically I am in love for the first time and to be honest this is my first real relationship both physically and mentally, when I was 18 I did something I regret massively...

Need advice on how to talk to gfs dad. [ 27 Answers ]

I need to apoligize for some problems I've caused. That I am not the bad person he thinks I am, that I am ashamed of myself because of the problems that had happened in the past 3 months of getting his daughter in trouble. Beacause of seeing her behind his back hence the fact he thought I am a bad...

Looking for a past love? [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone ever tried to look for a ex-girlfriend/boyfriend after many years of not seeing each other? I am wondering if it is a difficult or complicated thing to do? Any advice or ideas would be helpful! Thanks

Forgetting the past? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok well I have been struggleing to help my boyfriend forget about his ex girlfriend and I was wondering if there's something that I could do to help him through this. Its been awhile since they broke, he was only 15 at the time and now is 17. His ex girlfriend would have been 16 at the time.What...

View more questions Search