Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 11:35 PM
    I don't know. I just posted the immigration laws of Mexico to show the contrast as they relate to our laws and now I'm starving a bunch of Mexican babies to death! I am bad and I need to be punished. Someone, please kill me! Better yet, on their way north, they can stop by the house and we'll have a nice cucumber sandwich and a cup of Earl Grey tea. How's that sound? Am I forgiven?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    I am bad and I need to be punished.

Forget the cucumber sandwiches. How 'bout I stop by with my stilletos and whip?;)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2007, 09:27 AM
    This thread just took a kinky turn.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 09:30 AM
    I didn't know what else to do with it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Forget the cucumber sandwiches. How 'bout I stop by with my stilletos and whip?;)
    That would be nice, after all, I've been a very, very bad boy.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:14 AM
    I KNOW! Look at the chaos and confusion you have created here! I'll see you at 3 p.m. Wear the lady liberty dress.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 11:15 AM

I really hope there are pics of this.

I have a feeling that the Lady Liberty dress alone would make me giggle all afternoon.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Oh heck! I had the Cub Scout out fit all ready!
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:19 AM
    I can work with that.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:22 AM
    You guys are funny. I showed this thread to my mexican gardener and... oh wait... never mind.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:24 AM
    LMAO Needie!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    HARSH YOU SAY??

There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be conducted in our language.

Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.

Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.

Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property. That is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies, if you do you will be sent home.

If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Harsh, you say?.................

The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of " MEXICO " !
    After reading this, my first thought was that it sounded like Mexico, I was shocked how it ended. I am from the parents of immigrants, so we're second generation Americans, both sides, Irish and Portuguese didn't know English, but quickly learned, My Irish Grandfather worked for the NY Transit for 40 years and raised 5 kids in a tenament apartment. Their most precious site they said was entering the harbor and seeing the statue of liberty, which said to them, we were all welcomed. I continue to believe this, if you want to be one of us come on, work hard and get the dream. For all those who won't welcome immigrants, unless your American Indian, your folks, way, way back are from someone else, it was just a lot easier to get here, then. I agree if your trouble, a forigner who has felonies or commits one, your out of here. But otherwise, I think we should accept anyone, willing to work.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Lovelesspa, if you're referring to my post about not liking illegal immigrants, and believing that people should be held accountable for breaking the law... then you need to read closer.

I am the great-grandchild of immigrants. I don't even have to go back very far to see that my family came here for opportunity.

The difference is that they did it LEGALLY.

I'm all for immigration, and helping people find jobs to better their lives.

I'm just not willing to do it for people whose first act on coming here is to break the law.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Lovelesspa, if you're referring to my post about not liking illegal immigrants, and believing that people should be held accountable for breaking the law...then you need to read closer.

I am the great-grandchild of immigrants. I don't even have to go back very far to see that my family came here for opportunity.

The difference is that they did it LEGALLY.

I'm all for immigration, and helping people find jobs to better their lives.

I'm just not willing to do it for people whose first act on coming here is to break the law.
    Oh NO< NO, I totally understood, I understand if we go there we also have no rights, I live in a place that is anti immigrants, and I can't seem to get it though any ones head, here, that we're all technically from somewhere else. And I'm totally with you, come here
    Observe our rules!! Sorry If I gave you the wrong impression, I was impressed with your statement!! I came from a state that was the Original "melting Pot", so when I moved outside this safety net, I met with my first view of prejudice, and I was amazed! But I think if you come here do it right great!! Hope I cleared it up!! :o
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    You guys are funny. I showed this thread to my mexican gardener and ... oh wait ... never mind.
    Let me guess, he whipped out the castanets, slipped a long stem rose between his teeth and began twirling about with that crazed Latino look of love in his eyes?
    Wow! That's really sick! Sometimes I even amaze myself! :eek:
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 7, 2007, 07:51 PM
    "I am the great-grandchild of immigrants. I don't even have to go back very far to see that my family came here for opportunity.

The difference is that they did it LEGALLY"

On one side of my family my Great-grand parents came to the states legally in the 1880`s. legally was you could either pay your ticket, get some-one to sponsor your, and had no apparent illnesses.
    Not much of a comparison there.
    Hell my great- grand father Beyersdorfer and his brothers came here one step ahead of the law. -
    My great grand mother kacther came here to visit from Russia and never went home in 1915 . 1920 she was a citizen - Savage

Edit -- its also sad -- and telling to note that the early immigration laws came about not due the lack of space but due to racism.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 10:32 PM
    I come from a long line of horse thiefs and cut throats that hid out in the woods of ole Kentuck till the coast was clear. They walked all the way to Californey wjth a banjo on their knee. Do-Da. Irish wet backs they were. Swam here all the way from Dublin. Married up with indian women-squaws. When I drink whiskey, I beat the hell out of myself.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 06:25 AM
    I think it is time for you to step on back and take your seat on the short bus magprob. Sounds like you have had a long day and it is time for you to take your nap.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 07:03 AM
    I guess no one realises that it easier to walk across the Rio than get money from the Mexican government. And even though American business men have built 3500 factories within a mile of the border between the US and Mexico, the pay is so bad and the conditions so deplorable they'd rather pick lettuce here than work in a factory there. I say give all the illegals a gun and canteen and tell them to fight for their own rights.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 09:19 AM
    What ever is best for Corporate America will be the agenda adhered to by our politicians. Corporate America owns our politicians and the mainstream press. That makes it no ones fault, but the people coming here illegally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bubbling toilet w/ harsh smell [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first post so Im not sure where this belongs. I just thought plumbing is fitting. We recently finished off our basement with a full bathroom. About 4 months later the toilet seems to be bubbling and gurgling seemingly out of nowhere. This will sometime produce a horrible smell and...

View more questions Search