Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Jan 16, 2007, 10:49 AM
    All I have to do is read all these great posts and it makes me not want to contact my ex! Hang in there SouthernBelle, your going to be fine!
    SouthernBelle06 Posts: 166, Reputation: 83

Jan 16, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Thanks Copperhead. I'm just feeling sad lately because I miss him. I lost someone very special to me. :( It's just a shame the way everything went down. But I know as time goes on, I will get over it. I'm hanging in there.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle06
    Thanks Copperhead. I'm just feeling sad lately because I miss him. I lost someone very special to me. :( It's just a shame the way everything went down. But I know as time goes on, I will get over it. I'm hanging in there.
    May I ask how long it has been for you Southernbelle since the breakup? (if you don't mind).

Jan 17, 2007, 06:46 AM
    I don't mind Geoff.
    It has officially been a year since we broke up. He broke up with me because we were long distance and he met someone closer (his reasoning). He and I had been together a year at the time of the breakup. He is 29. I'm 31. At the time of the breakup, we had just gotten back from vacationing together in the mountains of Tennessee and went cave exploring in Kentucky and had a lot of fun. We were planning another vacation together in March or April. We discussed my moving to his city, he had spent Thanksgiving with my family, and his mother was telling him about jobs for me that a friend of hers knew about. Then a month after our visit/vacation, with no fighting, no talk of him being unhappy (other than the normal missing of one another), he basically dumped me out of nowhere for another girl. I was very thrown and hurt and took it very personally as rejection. I didn't understand why he would do that to me.

But, after the breakup, he kept contacting me via email and phone (even after I asked him not to), stating he missed me and wanted to keep in touch, for several months... which falsely made me think that perhaps he still cared and regretted what he had done and was testing the waters to reconcile. When I asked him why he was still contacting me, he would say, "I thought we were friends." I was hesitant to be friends with him because of how he hurt me and the fact that I was still in love with him. When he would contact me, we would just discuss general topics. I would be polite, but I steered clear of discussing the relationship or anything personal. I knew that I was holding out hope for a reconcilliation in my heart and it was affecting my ability to move on. I flew to Las Vegas in July with my best friend, which should have been a fun girl's trip, but I found myself thinking of him basically the whole time and wishing he and I were there together. He contacted me upon my return, asking about my trip, and I finally told him that I couldn't be friends. He said that it was a shame that I didn't want to be friends, but he understood.

He would leave me alone for a month or so, then contact me out of nowhere like nothing happened, stating he missed me, but would never mention a reconcilliation with me. I would be polite for a while, then it would get hard for me again and I would stop responding to him. He left me alone from September 2006 until November 2006 when he emailed me out of the blue and casually mentioned that he lived with a girl now (I assume that it was the one he originally dumped me for and that he had been seeing her the entire time he was still contacting me). I didn't ask who she was. I didn't want to even know the details. Though I tried to be as polite as I could, I replied to him that I thought his message was a bit unnecessary, if not a bit callous, and told him that I wouldn't be in touch anymore. I wished him luck and blocked his email for a month or so. I was devastated and hurt and it threw me in a tailspin. I haven't heard from him since.

I think it took me so long to get over him because of keeping in touch. I held out hope and thought he must want to stay in touch because he still cared too. It has just been a miserable year as far as love is concerned. I have had a very hard time getting over this.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle06
    I think it took me so long to get over him because of keeping in touch. I held out hope and thought he must want to stay in touch because he still cared too. It has just been a miserable year as far as love is concerned. I have had a very hard time getting over this.
    It certainly seems like it...

I think it has taken so long for you because of the contact and this pulled you back a bit from the healing. You are probably still going through the grief process right now as you have only technically been out of contact with him for 2 - 3 months if I read that right. Not your fault though, you were just being polite by talking to him. I think that this illustrates why No Contact is so important to allow a process of healing and how any kind of contact debilitates your progress.

I hope this gets better for you and I am sure it will. 2007 should be a much better year, but keep doing what you are doing, keep out of contact and be strong!

By the way... did you win any money in Vegas?

Jan 17, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Well, Geoff, I won around $80 in Vegas, but I won't mention how much I spent on the entire trip altogether. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hi guys really struggling with this problem [ 37 Answers ]

My system keeps crashing and I get the following info from Microsoft ( absolutely no help though ) :mad: http://tinypic.com/eqxwlu.jpg Here is a list of my operating systems. http://tinypic.com/eqxxd2.jpg

View more questions Search