Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spiegel27 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 07:25 AM
    My EX girlfriend keeps contacting me, what do I do?
    I am 23 and my ex girlfriend I was dating was 20. We dated for a little over 5 months. Everything was amazing the firs 4 months. Literally out of no where she decided she was going to pull a 180 and having her phone die for entire nights, start going out with her new "girl friends" and not contacting or responding back to me until the next night. When I confronted her about the sudden change she said things like "we are not F***ing married I don't need to report into you" and many other lovely messages. I sort of let it go because I liked her so much but then a week went by and I found out she has been hanging/talking to her EX boyfriend the past few weeks and ignoring my calls late at night and sending her ex picture messages "but they weren't nude" right lol. She LIED to me about it and now I need to question every single thing she has EVER told. To make a long story short I cut her loose and have NOT responded in over a week and she wrote to me how she will change and so sorry and was pouring her heart out so I gave in and talked to her. Within 24 hours she pulled the same crap again. So I really cut her off for good now. I don't believe in blocking or changing my number due to her, but last week she sent me the NASTIEST text message drunk. Saying I am a piece of crap, a loser, I will never meet anyone, I will never be successful in life etc. Even though she was 100% wrong with what she did she just can't admit it, its insane lol. I thought after that big nasty text message I was free... was I wrong. Last night (a week later from the nasty text) she sent me a message saying she met a guy with the same first and last name as me but with a 1 letter difference and it was crazy. For the record I have a very rare Italian last name lol she's full of crap. She wrote how sorry she was for saying what she said last week in the text and she wants to be my future husband and all this BULLCRAP. She is literally trying ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to get me to respond and the fact that I am NOT is eatting her up a live. Please please please someone let me know what to do.. is she really trying anything she possibly can to get me to respond? I mean come on she met someone with my same last name... LOL not likely AT ALL... am I best to just never respond like I have been?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 08:11 AM

Merely ignore, she may come back in 3 months with a few more.
    Just delete, do not even read them and you go on.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 08:22 AM

Yes, she is breaking off her fingernails trying to make you respond. She loses control of more of the situation every time you do NOT respond, and she wants her control back. DO NOT RESPOND. AT ALL. EVER. Total No Contact. Block her so you don't even have to read her messages or hear voice mail.

NO CONTACT!!
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 8, 2010, 10:37 AM
    I'm going with the majority here... dont empower her... just don't respond... you don't want to be with her correct? I would hope not after this nonsense she pulled... she will eventually get the picture trust me.. you will see the texts will come less and less and eventually they will stop
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 11:22 AM

Are you still moving to Los Angeles in 2 weeks? That would be a perfect time to get a new phone number and not give it to her. Why would you want anything to do with this girl? There are lots of nice women who will treat you right.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 02:26 PM

Spiegel27 agrees : Yup August 19th I am out of here! I know once I get out there I will be fine, who would have expected her to message me again lol, I know cali will be a sure fix to forgetting her and meeting someone new =p

Good. I thought maybe you had changed your mind. Okay, you only have 11 days to go. I'm sure you are busy, packing, etc. If I were you, I'd stay busy. If you are tempted to call, text or e-mail her, jump on the internet and start looking at websites about LA. That will give you plenty of incentive. In fact, I'll start you with one.

Santa Monica - pictures from 3rd street promenade, the pier, Santa Monica beach and the streets

That will be a lot more fun than talking to your ex. :D
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2010, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    Spiegel27 agrees : Yup august 19th I am out of here! I know once I get out there I will be fine, who would of expected her to message me again lol, I know cali will be a sure fix to forgetting her and meeting someone new =p

Good. I thought maybe you had changed your mind. Okay, you only have 11 days to go. I'm sure you are busy, packing, etc. If I were you, I'd stay busy. If you are tempted to call, text or e-mail her, jump on the internet and start looking at websites about LA. That will give you plenty of incentive. In fact, I'll start you with one.

Santa Monica - pictures from 3rd street promenade, the pier, Santa Monica beach and the streets

That will be a lot more fun than talking to your ex. :D

Hey.. ignore her. You don't need her and you'll do fine without her. She also has a potty mouth. Whew the words she texted.. not very ladylike!:eek:

In a few weeks you'll be singing, "Wish They All Could Be California Girls"

Aug 10, 2010, 10:20 AM

Thank you everyone for responding and helping me out with your opinions! I am doing what you all said and keeping no response EVER. She is just not someone I even want to talk to ever again. So she friend requested me yesterday on Facebook lol... does she not get what she did or get the hint? Its really insane. For the final check with you all I am just going to let her friend request sit there. I will never answer it. I am sure that is best correct?
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiegel27 View Post
    Thank you everyone for responding and helping me out with your opinions! I am doing what you all said and keeping no response EVER. She is just not someone I even want to talk to ever again. So she friend requested me yesterday on facebook lol....does she not get what she did or get the hint? Its really insane. For the final check with you all I am just going to let her friend request sit there. I will never answer it. I am sure that is best correct?
    Correct, or take it one step further and deny the request. As I understand it, she doesn't get notified of that but it gets it out of your inbox. Why even have the reminder? Only 9 more days and you are starting a brand new life. Good luck!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 10:25 AM

Hit ignore on the friend request... better yet, block her name, ignore her text messages, look forward to your move, and get a new phone!

Used to live in S. Calif. Myself... enjoy!

Just wanted to add, block her from texting you as well.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 10:34 AM

Have a wonderful life out in California. I'm so glad you have let go of this girl... Good Luck

Aug 11, 2010, 06:17 AM

Okay everyone one last update from the ex girlfriend haha. I woke up this morning and she called me 7 times... SEVEN times from 10:30pm-2am. 3 where blocked calls the others where her cell phone.. THEN she left me this text lol "wtffff dudeee stop being such a loser! im not asking to be wit u im just simply asking to be cool wit u, whats wrong with that?! cann u grow up be a man and text me back please, i just wanntt to fu*k you right noww so bad and be suchaa naughty girl thats alllll :D. are you home im driving to your house pleaseee answerr."

Is this getting a little ridiculous or what LOL?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 06:26 AM

She sounds like a classy gal. It's good you have resisted temptation as I can tell you there are much better females out there for you, especially in Cali.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 06:43 AM

Run away!. run away!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 11, 2010, 06:56 AM

Such a pathetic female!!

Aug 11, 2010, 08:31 AM

Soooo she called me two more times this morning and is leaving voicemails that she is going to drive to my house but she doesn't want to make the drive and have me not be home... she lives 6 hours away would she actually make the drive? I think this is another one of her manipulative bluff stunts what do you think? Should I worry about this lol? She has never driven to my house because she is awful at driving and directions she always took the bus near me and I picked her up... should I remain no contact? Lol...
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 08:37 AM

It's quite simple... block her number(s) so that you don't get any messages, text or voicemail, at all from her. If need be, get a new phone now, (with a new number) or change your number for your current phone if it comes to that.

Have you out and out told her that you do not want any more contact with her? Or don't tell her, so you don't have to speak to her, and just block anyway she could contact you.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 08:51 AM

Sounds like she's getting desperate to get your attention. If she does show up, don't answer the door. :eek:

Are you driving to California? If so, maybe you can leave early and do some sightseeing along the way.

Whatever you do, don't give in - even to tell her to stop. You'll only encourage her. The best message you can give her is that you want nothing to do with her, and the best way to do that is to totally avoid and ignore her. Hopefully, she'll learn a lesson from you. She stooped to the lowest level with that message she left you, thinking you're a guy and the promise of sex would work. Now she doesn't know what to do. I have a suggestion for her - grow up! And for you, change your number when you get to California.

Aug 11, 2010, 09:12 AM

I agree everyone! Its just insane lol, I already changed my number to a California one when I relocated my AT&T account a few weeks ago and she got my new number through another friend.. AT&T doesn't allow you to block numbers with out paying monthly which is to costly to block some ex. TO: "Just Looking" - I am actually flying out! I really need to get out of here haha, she knows I am leaving soon so she is probably trying her last resort. She first tried tearing me apart and didn't get a rise out of me. Then she tried the met a guy with your name lets get married approach.. didn't respond. This is her last hurrah I am hoping she doesn't show up.. I really really doubt she would make the drive especially not knowing if I would be here or not.. its pardon my french *****ing insane.. she is getting scary...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2010, 09:22 AM

This reminds me of the movie Fatal Attraction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I handle an Emotionally Unstable Girlfriend? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I need all the input I can get on this one.. My girlfriend of 5 years has emotional issues. She is 27 and I am 29. We've been on a roller coster for the last 5 years and just many things have happen... recently to save a lot of your time, she is on probation for a DUI and this is...

Girlfriend of 3 years drops horrible bomb today - how do I handle it [ 8 Answers ]

We have been together for 3 years and have had a GREAT relationship. Both divorced with 2 boys and her ex lives about 6 hours away, but they always seem to work put making sure he gets his time even though he left her for another woman when her youngest was ONE month old and moved away. Needless...

Girlfriend texting other guy [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I've been with my girlfriend for over 3 years I completely love her,she says she loves me and I'm seriously considering proposing to her in the near future. She just got back from her holidays and she's been texting this guy that she met over there. They text each other all day, The other day...

I can't handle my girlfriend! [ 26 Answers ]

Hi , I was wondering if I could get some advice, I'm to embaressed to talk to anyone but my girlfriend about it... I can not handle my girlfriend , she is gorgeous and so many guys want her , I can't handle the she wears , and the type of girl she is... I have severe trust issues... and she says...

Me and my girlfriend of 3 years ended are relationship now she's texting me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I was with my girlf for 3yrz I was 17 and she was 15.. Iam now 20 going on 21 and she turned 19.. She works away I when we split up before for abit we just enjoyed are selfs going out drinking an partyin as we were over 18years old when then did get back together but while me split we did...

View more questions Search