Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 01:23 PM

JAL you greeted me with a specious charge based on your own speculation as your first reply to my posting .

Your welcome .

BTW ,show me where a link for facts would be found for this subject ? This whole OP is pure speculation.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Jul 18, 2010, 01:51 PM

Tom, are you sure this whole OP is pure speculation? It appeared to me, from Earl's point of view, that it isn't. Since he hasn't returned to respond to the Exdude's question, all I can do is simply wait and see what he has to say but, since I didn't start the thread, and I don't believe what he has written is fact, I can't show you any. Sorry.

I guess I don't understand. It certainly appears as if you were responding to Excon's query by posting your link as a way to back up Earl's OP. So, you weren't? You were simply posting your opinion? I thought people usually state that in their initial responses. I guess this forum doesn't work the way the others have that I have been on. Or, are you just backpedaling a wee bit now?
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 18, 2010, 04:04 PM

A good example of what I was talking about was Attorney General Eric Holder's refusal to use the words "radical Islam" in an interview from May of this year. YouTube - Eric Holder Refuses To Say "Radical Islam"
    Another good example was the Muslim army psychiatrist who went on a shooting rampage in Texas. He couldn't have been more obvious about his radical views, wearing a pin that said "soldier of Allah" and trying to convert patients to Islam. The army refused to fire or discipline him, instead promoted or transferred him for years. After the shooting, the media never once used the words "radical Islam" or "Muslim", instead trying to blame the rampage on some "pre-traumatic distress" nonsense.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
    Funny, those two examples speak nothing to your initial premise about liberals and feminists.

Jul 19, 2010, 04:34 AM

Hi Earl. Thanks for showing up again.

I too am having trouble making the connection. That's okay. I guess I will just stand by my original posting to your OP on this thread.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 05:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    The idea that liberals and feminists support our enemy and wish to see western culture perish, is as shamefully INCORRECT as the death panel lie they told over and over again.
    You don't get out of this place much do you? Those tom is referring to are not shy about it, I read such comments regularly... even here.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 05:24 AM

I've been asking this same question here for years, earl. I don't know what finally smacked them in the face, maybe it was their lack of outrage over Neda, but the media and the left finally jumped on board over the impending stoning in Iran of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani for adultery, so kudos even though they're late to the party.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 06:50 PM

I'm still trying to determine what is an acceptable source for this or other topics on this board .

I say the "traditional " self proclaimed "gate-keepers " of the
    4th estate have become so discreditted that they do not deserve their exalted positions . Theirs is at best ,just one more voice in the debate.

I point to the Washington Compost's Ombudsman's recent admission that they fumbled the ball on the Justice Dept's refusal to pursue charges against the New Black Panther's for voter intimidation . During the 2004 elections it was the bloggers who exposed the obvious attempt by someone with the assistance of Dan Rather of CBS to fabricate documents that allegedly proved there was favoritism used when President Bush was awarded a position in the Texas National Guard .The documents provided during '60 Minutes II ' were forgeries.

These are cases that the bloggers from all spectrum and the cable news were miles ahead of the story .The so called legitimate sources fumbled the ball badly.

At the advent of the country politics was polorized because the folks and the leadership actually believed in something . The pamphleteer was the blogger of the day ,and the newspapers were the instruments the leaders used to disseminate their views. Often the nations leaders published anonymously .
    There was nothing wrong with that.

It's easy to disregard or dismiss a link outright because of the source . It's a little tougher to dispute the content of the link.

Getting back on subject... Earl ; I would recommend ' Unholy Alliance : Radical Islam and the American Left ' by
    David Horowitz .

Jul 20, 2010, 04:33 AM

Tom, I don't want to get off topic either but I feel I should point out my POV so that you understand what I am saying and where I am coming from.

The blog you posted here, although well written, was an opinion piece. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I simply don't feel they should be used as a factually based item when someone requests some solid facts, as Excon did. Don't worry, if I trip over another thread in which he does the same to you, I will call him out on it.

I understand what you are stating regarding D Rather, etc... I agree. I have a HUGE problem with the media along with the majority of our politicians (party affiliation doesn't come into play for me).

This country's founders at times, were as bad if not worse, than today's politicians. Many times, their outright lies ruined the careers of their political foes. When enough time has passed, all pictures get painted a rosier shade. Simply because they "blogged" in their day & a great many of the masses believed everything they read was the honest truth, doesn't mean we should follow suit.

Earl, by all means, read Tom's recommendation. I have heard of the book and haven't had a chance to check it out. But I will now.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 05:09 AM

I wasn't responding to Ex . If I were I would point out liberal icons like Noam Chomsky who goes out of his way to trash America ,the West ,and Israel every chance he gets...

Or I would point out that a champion of the left in the 1960s William Ayers was instrumental in the recent flotilla incident and other outrageous provocations in Gaza .

I would point out that the President of the United States went on an apology tour to Cairo and Ankara .Then he insulted the state leader of Israel in the White House ,making him sit and wait while Obama ate a meal.

I would point out all the "western "liberal lawyers who assist the Palestinians in lawfare against Israel and the liberal judges in Europe who treat Israeli officials as criminals while they ignore whatever violations of so called international law the officials of Muslim states routinely commit.

I would point out ,like you did ,this obsession of the left with political correctness where it has come to a point that the American government struggles to find an appropriate name for the enemy we fight.
    Those are just a few examples of what the basis of Earl's question is about.

Jul 20, 2010, 05:41 AM
    LOL! THAT is more like it! You wouldn't have heard a peep out of me if you had posted all that after Exdude's response.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 20, 2010, 03:06 PM
    Getting back on subject... Earl ; I would recommend ' Unholy Alliance : Radical Islam and the American Left ' by
    David Horowitz .[/QUOTE]

I read a review of this book on amazon.com. It sounds great and very well written. I hope it will be available in Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There is a page on on islam watch (Incest is Halal in Islam) please answer it because [ 9 Answers ]

I saw this page while I was searching Google It is causing bad for islam and our prophet MUHAMMAD peace be upon hin

Conservative vs. Liberals [ 3 Answers ]

What is the basic difference between conservatives and liberals? Why do we see things so differently? I am posting here although the subject could be in the philosophy thread or the religion thread as it touches all of them. I am going to throw something out there for you to kick around. Of...

Are liberals really this nutty? Already? [ 111 Answers ]

From Politico: "...Politico has learned that tomorrow Americans United for Change, a liberal group, will begin airing radio ads in three states Obama won — Ohio, Pennsylvania and Nevada — with a tough question aimed at the GOP senators there: Will you side with Obama or Rush Limbaugh?... "'Every...

Why should I support liberals [ 30 Answers ]

I am a Black man 48 yrs old, I just wanted to know why I should vote for democrats or support liberals, I do not like nither of the two. I really think that liberalism is dangerous and liberals are phony, but I get shouted down when I express my veiw, why is that.

Liberals: [ 2 Answers ]

Do most conservatives call themselves right-wingers? HANK ;)

View more questions Search