Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 17, 2010, 06:00 PM
    Western liberals/feminists vs radical Islam
    Western liberals and feminists are strong supporters of women's and gay rights, so I've been wondering why are they so silent about radical Islam? Radical Islam is extremely hostile towards women and gay rights so you'd think that liberals and feminists would condemn them.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 06:11 PM

The problem is the Jihadi's hate Western society, just like the liberal/Marxist/Feudalists. Feminist leaders seem to have gotten in line behind Hillary, one of the best Feudalists around.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jul 18, 2010, 02:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    The problem is the Jihadi's hate Western society, just like the liberal/Marxist/Feudalists. Feminist leaders seem to have gotten in line behind Hillary, one of the best Feudalists around.

Hi Cats,

What are liberal/Marxist/Fedualists?

Tut
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 02:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Hi Cats,

What are liberal/Marxist/Fedualists?

Tut
    Hi.

The pundits are getting lots of air time lately discussing labels so I thought I'd take a swing. "Liberal" is becoming a bad thing so "Progressive" is the label a lot of left wingers are going to. Most of the original "Progressives" turned out to be Marxists if you study their biographies. By and large, they seem to want to take my money in taxes and order me about without having to obey those orders themselves - hence my term "Feudalists."

Mel Brooks moment - It's good to be da king!
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jul 18, 2010, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Hi.

The pundits are getting lots of air time lately discussing labels so I thought I'd take a swing. "Liberal" is becoming a bad thing so "Progressive" is the label a lot of left wingers are going to. Most of the original "Progressives" turned out to be Marxists if you study their biographies. By and large, they seem to want to take my money in taxes and order me about without having to obey those orders themselves - hence my term "Feudalists."

Mel Brooks moment - It's good to be da king!
    Hi again Cats,

Thanks for the explanation. American politics is a bit too confusing for me. I am from Australia.

Regards

Tut
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    American politics is a bit too confusing for me.
    American politics is a divisive mess. I'm from Canada.
    Yes liberals and feminists have a dim view of the role women are assigned in Islam but what are you going to do? You can't change a religion or its followers.
    In Quebec the law had passed that a woman cannot vote without having her face available for identification. That's only natural, that's the best way to combat voter fraud.
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 04:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    In Quebec the law had passed that a woman cannot vote without having her face available for identification. That's only natural, that's the best way to combat voter fraud.
    You anti-Islamic Racists!

According to Iran, anyway.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 04:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    American politics is a divisive mess. I'm from Canada.
    Yes liberals and feminists have a dim view of the role women are assigned in Islam but what are you going to do? You can't change a religion or its followers.
    The fight should be taken up when its tries to rear its ugly head. Like with wanting to impose sharia law on everyone. Governments have to respect religion but they shouldn't be ruled by it. And it this point in time the radical muslims are trying to exploit that to its fullest.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Jul 18, 2010, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Western liberals and feminists are strong supporters of women's and gay rights, so I've been wondering why are they so silent about radical Islam? Radical Islam is extremely hostile towards women and gay rights so you'd think that liberals and feminists would condemn them.
    I think the problem lies with the media, as usual. I know plenty of women that most people would label as feminists (believers in equal pay, equal rights, gay rights,. ) that are extremely vocal regarding their, shall we say, "disdain" over the radical islamic view. Their choice of words are quite a bit harsher than "disdain." On that issue, they are right in line with the Rush Limbaughs of the world.

Regarding liberals, I don't know what to say to that. I find someone who claims to be a true & complete hardcore liberal or a true & complete hardcore conservative is a rarity, at least in my neck of the woods. The lines between the two parties are more blurred than anyone in the media would have you believe. Are you speaking about the ones on display for public viewing, the ones in the news all the time? If so, you are right. They don't speak out enough about the problem in the way the conservatives do. I guess those liberals are too concerned about political correctness. Either that, or they are too concerned about losing their following and popularity, which translates into loss of ratings & income. The pundits on television and elsewhere don't give a damn about anyone but themselves and their pocketbooks. And before any conservatives pipe in to agree with me, my blanket statement applies to the conservatives on public display as well.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    so I've been wondering why are they so silent about radical Islam?
    Hello earl:

I haven't noticed that they are. Can you show me something, like an article maybe? You're not suggesting, are you, that because liberal women don't favor our current wars, that they SUPPORT radical Islam?? Really?? Do you have an article for THAT, or did Glenn Beck tell you?

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 08:50 AM

It's an alliance of convenience. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.Both would like to see Western Civilization perish or reformed in their image .Both would like to see the end of the nation state.Both would like to see the destruction of Israel .

Modern Liberalism & Islam: An Uncanny Resemblance
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 08:57 AM

Hello again,

Excuse me. I'M a liberal and a feminist. I support gay rights. The idea that liberals and feminists support our enemy and wish to see western culture perish, is as shamefully INCORRECT as the death panel lie they told over and over again.

The Republicans have ONE thing right, though. If you tell a lie again and again, and you get ALL your Republican buddies to tell the SAME lie, eventually the lie gets some traction. But, it doesn't change a lie into the truth.

excon

PS> (edited) By the way, THIS liberal feminist left some blood on the battlefield DEFENDING western culture. I don't think any of the right wing war mongers here have carried a weapon into battle. They just TALK like they have.

Jul 18, 2010, 10:14 AM

Tom, I took this from your link:

"Welcome to Canada Free Press
    Canada Free Press (CFP) is a proudly independent, 24-7 electronic newspaper, updating several times--and sometimes several hours-- a day. More than 100 writers and columnists file regularly to CFP from all corners of the globe.

Although we have been posting to the Internet for more than 12 years, on May 15, 2009 CFP celebrated its fifth anniversary as a daily.

Espousing Conservative viewpoints, cornerstone of which contain love of God, love of family, love of country, CFP maintains a loyal and growing readership. "

What was I talking about regarding the media earlier? Tom, are you possibly one of those conservative media hounds who gets paid to join different web sites & attempts to brainwash the average masses? The article you posted is a blatantly slanted (and In my opinion crazy & inane) blog Tom. How can any logical, rational, and independent thinking person take that seriously? From your responses to the threads here I do think you are rational & logical. I cannot believe you posted what you have here. So, the only conclusion I can come up with is that you are a shill.

For shame Tom, for shame.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 11:41 AM

JAL your name says it all
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    JAL your name says it all
    Hahahhahahahahahha... oh tom, you crack me up!

Jul 18, 2010, 12:34 PM

I notice you didn't deny my charge.

Deflect, deflect, deflect
    The mantra of the conservative & liberal media hound.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 12:53 PM

Your charge is too ridiculous to waste my time with , For the record . I come here of my own choosing and give opinion and my contribution for free(I don't even do the pay pal thingy). I enjoy this site ,and although one day I hope it grows to a point where it has an influence ;at this point in time ;why would anyone waste their time shilling to influence the handful of regulars that come to this board ?

But I am happy that this board now has 2 monitors to determine if a link is appropriately PC. NK was gettting lonely .

Jul 18, 2010, 01:08 PM

Tom, for all I know, you spend your days on as many Q & A sites as you can, expounding your conservative rhetoric. But don't worry, I will tear down the liberal blogs too when I see them. Opinion pieces are simply that. I prefer to deal with facts. I have mentioned that on a previous thread.

So, thanks for the warm welcome.
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2010, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Another_Lemming View Post
    Tom, for all I know, you spend your days on as many Q & A sites as you can, expounding your conservative rhetoric.
    But only after making the morning rounds of the neocon websites to get the talking points first.
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post

PS> (edited) By the way, THIS liberal feminist left some blood on the battlefield DEFENDING western culture.
    Draftee, you're taking a little too much credit on yourself. I volunteered and my sweat is all over Central America and my blood's in the Canal Zone.

Your media buddies still don't mention the beheadings, the stonings, the honor rapes. They couldn't drum up any anti-American sentiment if those came to public attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There is a page on on islam watch (Incest is Halal in Islam) please answer it because [ 9 Answers ]

I saw this page while I was searching Google It is causing bad for islam and our prophet MUHAMMAD peace be upon hin

Conservative vs. Liberals [ 3 Answers ]

What is the basic difference between conservatives and liberals? Why do we see things so differently? I am posting here although the subject could be in the philosophy thread or the religion thread as it touches all of them. I am going to throw something out there for you to kick around. Of...

Are liberals really this nutty? Already? [ 111 Answers ]

From Politico: "...Politico has learned that tomorrow Americans United for Change, a liberal group, will begin airing radio ads in three states Obama won — Ohio, Pennsylvania and Nevada — with a tough question aimed at the GOP senators there: Will you side with Obama or Rush Limbaugh?... "'Every...

Why should I support liberals [ 30 Answers ]

I am a Black man 48 yrs old, I just wanted to know why I should vote for democrats or support liberals, I do not like nither of the two. I really think that liberalism is dangerous and liberals are phony, but I get shouted down when I express my veiw, why is that.

Liberals: [ 2 Answers ]

Do most conservatives call themselves right-wingers? HANK ;)

View more questions Search