Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Thank you guys for the well wishes! And the congrats! Had I not had my friends on this site, I know I would have freaked and called her phone non stop but having you guys to vent to is a HUGE blessing... I wanted to give rep but I must spread it first for all you guys... Weird ha ha
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Yeah when guys freak out like that by constantly calling over an issue rather than working through it that is usually a 'mental or temper problem' red flag to me so I'm glad you handled it sensibly cause I have had a feeling that you have found your match from everything you have been saying here.
    brian1231 Posts: 113, Reputation: 6

Aug 1, 2008, 12:22 PM
    A success story. Way to go bud and just remember you don't have to make up for her past history. You are your own man. You are a good guy. She has to realize that. You don't have to prove it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Exactly, I can't erase what has been done to her already but I can show her that good guys do exist. I told her she needs to stop thinking just because a relationship is going really good and not arguing, it doesn't mean it's going to fall apart. It may just be a healthy relationship lol..
    pwtnu4 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    Thanks for all the advice guys! She finally got to clear her head and came to her senses nd realized that I deserve to be trusted and that I never have given her a reason to not to believe me.

I do have to thank EVERYONE on this forum for EVERYTHING you guys have taught me. I could very well have been calling, texting, messaging frantically and made her even more angry but through the information I have learned from you guys. I let her cool down and realize what she was actually getting angry over and it worked out.
    I'm happy things are working out for you rome... it's so crazy to think before coming here me and a lot of people I'm sure have as their initial gut reaction to call/text/contact your ex as much as possible... but once you come here, the people just talk some sense into you and you realize that's the exact opposite of what u should be doing
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pwtnu4
    i'm happy things are working out for you rome...it's so crazy to think before coming here me and a lot of people i'm sure have as their initial gut reaction to call/text/contact your ex as much as possible...but once you come here, the people just talk some sense into you and you realize that's the exact opposite of what u should do
    Exactly, once you start giving advice to other people on the site.. You know you have your friends(yes, they become really good friends) on here and you just post what's going on and they will steer you from the edge and also gives you a chance to vent to us rather than to your S/O
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Glad you had the patience to let the emotional dust settle, and were you paying attention to the way she jumped to conclusions and reacted? Not to say its bad, just realize that she can be quickly impulsive, which means you have to be a bit more patient. You handled it well though.

You aren't the same person you came here as. Thumbs up.
    snowalps Posts: 141, Reputation: 7

Aug 1, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Rome that sounds childish.. you seem so descriptive and apt from your posts.. try that to convince her... n if she still doesn't... then?
    Then I would advise, give her some time to get over it.. this shouldn't become any reason for a split.. that would be ludicrous! N meanwhile while you both recuperate.. catch your cousin and you know what to do with him!lol! All the best mate.. post back.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:13 PM
    ... sorry snowalps, you should have read the previous posts..

Situation averted. It's now a code blue. Things are worked out.

Sorry I missed this whole thing rome, but I'm glad things worked out.

... so I guess... no cousin buying rounds tonight?
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    N0help4u agrees: Don't even suggest lap dance to celebrate ! :D
    ::looks around the room::

Are you in my apartment n0help?

... because, I was just typing a post that said, "take your buds out...two words. lap...dance~"
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Chalk it up to mom's intuition Isneeze!!

Hmmm I have to ask what's that... oh NO I'm out of here :D

N0 more looking over your shoulder Isneeze!
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Uh... heh. ::nervous chuckle::

That's... for... uh.. school. You know. Art class. Doing the um... real life photog design of... downtown. You know. It's called "ladies of the streets". Um... no, she's supposed to be posed like that.. . really.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:39 PM
    ... Mom is REALLY not with it... thought you were watching Girls Gone Wild!

What they teach in school nowadays!! :eek:
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Oh no, those two girls are making out because... you know, it's art. Yeah. If it's in black and white, it's art.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He has a girlfriend, but we never actually broke up. [ 8 Answers ]

My ex BF and I have been friends for 4 years, and we still keep in touch. Our friendship has been an on and off relationship/friendship for years. We would stop calling each other (because we were young and stupid), and then we would hook back up. My brother friends would play on the phone when he...

He broke up with me [ 7 Answers ]

Our relationship began when we were 15. When we were 19 I broke up with me because I thought I was in love with another guy but soon I realized that I really loved the fisrt one, so I tried to get him back and I did. We get together again and I was sure about my feelings, he was the love of my...

Broke up [ 6 Answers ]

So I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years, when we started he was so nice and kind sweet and funny to me. But I broke up with him yesterday because I was fed up of stuff that was happening at college with this other girl and I felt he wasn't showing me any love and when he was with his mates he...

We broke up [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so it happened, we were just fine and he told me that he was still in love with me one day and the nest day her broke up with me, because I tried to defend him to my dad at work. Anyway now he is being really mean to me and I don't know if what he said to me about loving was ever true. He...

Broke up [ 3 Answers ]

Okay... well me and my boyfriend of a year and a half broke up two months ago.. we were on and off though but we were on for like 6 months and I love him so much.. I just kept breaking up with him because I didn't want to get hurt again... but I am in the same boat hurt again... he won't talk to me...

View more questions Search