Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    actually Thalidomide was prescribed during the late 1950s .Before its release, inadequate tests were performed to assess the drug's safety . The FDA has been a screw up organization for a long time.

I agree but seems to have gotten worse with Prozac, vioxx, chantix, celebrex, etc...
    Also didn't mention how the Democrats purposely veto bills to make Bush look bad.
    Even though I am not crazy about Bush the only two things I can say I really *hate* about him are I have said since 2003 that I do not think he is going about the war right and I have said since 2005 that I didn't believe he ever had an intention of stopping illegals or closing the border. I don't know why he couldn't have been honest about that from the get go!

Much of everything else I believe the Democrats such as Pelosi have purposely worked against him to make him look bad.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Also didn't mention how the Democrats purposely veto bills to make Bush look bad.
    Um, you do know that the veto power belongs to the President, not to Congress, don't you?
    Much of everything else I believe the Democrats such as Pelosi have purposely worked against him to make him look bad.
    The opposition party always tries to make the President look bad. Bush's incompetence just makes it easier than usual.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Whatever it is called when the Democrats vote against it... like the Fisa bill they just voted against.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 11, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Activists Blocked New Orleans Levee Plan - by James M. Taylor - The Heartland Institute

"A massive levee system, approved by President Lyndon JOHNSON and supported by the Army Corps of Engineers during the CARTER administration, would have held back the flood waters from Hurricane Katrina and saved the city of New Orleans, scientists and engineers have concluded. The proposed levee system was abandoned after environmental activist groups sued to stop construction of the project"

--- since the Johnson administration!

Money Flowed to Questionable Projects

"Money Flowed to Questionable Projects
    State Leads in Army Corps Spending, but Millions Had Nothing to Do With Floods"

----- So only the Bush administration is held culpable, not decades of corrupt State and New Orleans politicians?

EX here is another to add to the list

FOXNews.com - Veterans Affairs Employees Spend Billions on Government Credit Cards - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Yup, I want the government to take care of all my needs because they are so benign and efficient with taxpayor dollars. NOT

And what have Obama and Hillary, as well as Bush, been promising? More of this type of wonderful government.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Here are the facts on airline safety... 0.230 fatal accidents per billion aircraft miles flown between 2000 to 2005 compared with 1.984 fatal accidents per billion miles flown in 1978 when the airline industry was deregulated and became more accessible to the average American. On the roads we have about 40,000 fatalities annually . Given those stats I guess it could be argued that the FAA has been doing it's job. Or perhaps the safety of the skys has been a result of the airlines having a compelling interest in the safety of their passengers.

The FAA gave the airlines initially 18 months to make these very minor repairs they ordered . There was absolutely no reason for the grounding of thousands of planes a day because some of the repair work was not yet complete. What happened in fact is an outrageous overreaction by the FAA in no short reason due to the bleating of' Chicken Little' Charles Shumer.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 06:50 AM
    No short reason due to the bleating of' Chicken Little' Charles Shumer.

Exxactly what I mean about the Democrats yelling the sky is falling just to make Bush look bad!

What ever happened to Pelosi and others saying they would talk to the 'terriorists' and get them to agree to peace? They weren't even able to accomplish that. Wonder why?

Liberals never think their plan failed just that it wasn't given a long enough chance to make it work!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Liberals never think their plan failed just that it wasn't given a long enough chance to make it work!
    Where have I heard something like this just recently? Oh yeah, Petraeus and Crocker before Congress this week.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    Where have I heard something like this just recently? Oh yeah, Petraeus and Crocker before Congress this week.
    They HAD to have gotten it from Quinn & Rose. They have been saying that for almost 10 years

The War Room with Quinn & Rose
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Apr 12, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Ex, you and my oldest son are a lot alike. You both say you are libertarians, but talk like liberals. Like, more government is good. The more laws we pass and the more bureaus we establish, the happier and wealthier we will be. Bovine excrement!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What pattern is this? [ 2 Answers ]

I have this Johnson Bros Old English gravy boat with the small rose and gold pattern and I haven't been able to find it's value. Any help?

Pattern of Proposal [ 1 Answers ]

Pattren of business praposal

The Pattern; what is the next number and why? [ 1 Answers ]

10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20 22 24 ? 100 121 10000 Please tell me the next number in this sequence and why? I have the answer can't figure this out. Thanks for the help!!

Pattern forming. [ 1 Answers ]

I angered somebody on-line last week because I told him, tongue in cheek, to throw away his new Noma thermostat. Are there any contractractors on this site that would install and guarantee a Noma, Lux or Hunter thermostat? Why not? How many posts are there this week about thermostats? What...

View more questions Search