Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    risa112003 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 06:11 PM
    I have heard about a lot of kids doing this. When I was around 7 or 8 I had a neighbor I would play " doctor with " we would touch we would just look just because we were curious. Explain to your son the difference between male and females, and that you can't touch each other. Look on the bright side your daughter told you. I don't think its too uncommon that young brothers and sister who are close together don't touch. Keep an eye on him, and don't worry this doesn't mean he's going to grow up to be a rapist or not respect women. He is just confused on how things are.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by risa112003 View Post
    I have heard about alot of kids doing this. When i was around 7 or 8 i had a neighbor i would play " doctor with " we would touch we would just look just because we were curious. Explain to your son the difference between male and females, and that you can't touch each other. Look on the bright side your daughter told you. I dont think its too uncommon that young brothers and sister who are close together dont touch. Keep an eye on him, and dont worry this doesnt mean hes going to grow up to be a rapist or not respect women. He is just confused on how things are.
    Did you bother reading the other posts in this thread? This was NOT playing doctor. This was not two young children satisfying their curiousity. This was one child taking advantage of his sisters! Not once, but twice. After getting caught the first time and getting the explanation of what inappropriate behavior is he turned to his younger sister, a THREE yr old, that he may have thought he could take advanatage of.

The only thing I agree with in your note is that there is a bright side that both daughters told the parents about it. But the rest of it is a bunch hooey and very bad advice.
    quizkid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperstang392 View Post
    last summer my 8 year old son (then 7) and my 10 year old daughter decided to watch movies together for about a week. They fell asleep a few nights together. My son decided to put his hand down her pants and touch her butt while she was asleep. My daughter told us and we talked to our son about it. He denied it for about 5 hours. Then he confessed to it. He was told that was wrong and was punished . Now a few days ago my 3 year old daughter pointed to her privates and said my son touched her ouch. I asked my son about it and he has denied it for two days now. What can I do?
    Be aware that these days due to the changing ideas about child molestation, a child as young a 10/11 can be arrested and jailed/questioned without the parents being present. There are some instances of a child being labeled as a child predator. It has happened. I have read and seen on TV a boy(about 12?) that slapped a girl on the butt and was charged with sexual misconduct. Something should be done about what is lawful between adolescents And how to direct training/supervision. Very young children have not developed morals and some are very curious at a very young age. I have not seen advice or solutions that would be effective without somehow affecting the child's mentalality.. We live in a society which is very liberal with some beliefs that are overly conservative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody of my 11 year old sister [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My name is Jennifer. I am 24 years old. I have been married for 5 years and have two sons. I am a full-time student majoring is Accounting and my husband and I own our own business. My mom passed away 6 years ago, when my little sister was 6 years old. Since my mom passed away, I have...

16 year old sister troubles [ 2 Answers ]

I come from a comfortable family economically. I have a younger brother and a younger sister, and from as young as 6 years old we've been in private schools(as opposed to free government schools-which are very bad educationally, at least in this country).. My brother and I both did all right too...

Ten year old sister [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ten year old sister who lashes out about doing chores and cries, I think its to get attention then when I say to her "why are you crying so badly?" She says "i miss dad!" but she only does this when there's work to be done, my mom sometimes lecures her but I need help. (our dad is:( in...

Will my 16 year old niece and my sister ever get along again? [ 3 Answers ]

My sister has 5 children. 4 girls and 1 boy. For the most part they all love each other. My sister is really crafty with money and making a dollar last. She struggles with things but is very strong minded and has the will to make anything happen. EXCEPT trust her oldest daughter. My niece...

Why can't my 7 year old sister come to Canada ? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister was born in El Salvador in Central America . Now my mom & I came here to Canada in Summer 2003 . We've been applying for my sister to come ever since and can you believe that the Canadian immigration said no for my 3 and a half year old sister to be reunited with her mother back in 2003 ....

View more questions Search