Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    What I said was still correct, the last half of the quote was irrelevant as I never implied he considered them an enemy. If you want to nitpick, feel free to talk amongst yourself because I'm not going to play these silly games.
    No, what you said was NOT correct. You are rewriting the rules of the game, you know.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You believe everything someone else tells you on social media? Always best to go get the original content, not someone's digested source.
    I'm not playing your stupid games either, NK. There is a topic at hand, it isn't me and your unsolicited "advice" is not wanted or welcome.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    No, what you said was NOT correct. You are rewriting the rules of the game, you know.
    I stand by my previous posts 100 percent I'm not playing these puerile games.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 08:07 AM
    I stand by my previous posts 100 percent I'm not playing these puerile games.
    I'm not a puer. I am a puella.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2012, 08:09 AM
    I'm not playing your stupid games either, NK. There is a topic at hand, it isn't me and your unsolicited "advice" is not wanted or welcome.
    Like your condescending advice to Wondergirl here?
    We just follow your lead. Your unsolicited "advice" is not wanted or welcome.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 08:11 AM
    Like your condescending advice to Wondergirl here?
    We just follow your lead. Your unsolicited "advice" is not wanted or welcome.
    Apparently you can't discern between a comment and advice. I made myself clear, I'm not playing your silly games.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 08:17 AM
    NBC's chief foreign correspondent was more than surprised by Obama's ally or enemy comment. From the NEWS SOURCE as was my previous remark:

TODD: I just want to get your first reaction, before you give me a report, of the President saying Egypt was not an ally or an enemy.

ENGEL: Yeah, I almost had to sit down when I heard that. For the last forty years, the United States has had two main allies in the Middle East — Saudi Arabia and Egypt, the other ally in the Middle East being Israel. For the President to come out and say, well, he’s not exactly sure if Egypt is an ally any more but it’s not an enemy, that is a significant change in the perspective of Washington toward this country, the biggest country in the Arab world. It makes one wonder, well, was it worth it? Was it worth supporting the Arab Spring, supporting the demonstrations here in Tahrir Square, when now in Tahrir Square there are clashes going on behind me right in front of the US embassy?

You can see now teargas coming — teargas being fired into a crowd of demonstrators who are trying to get close to the embassy, which is at the end of the street, and throw rocks at the US embassy. A very different scene here, a very different Egypt before, when the United States — President Obama — was supporting the demonstrators, President Mubarak was in power, and Egypt was very much an ally. The President doesn’t seem to be sure if Egypt is an ally any more, and some demonstrators who the Arab Spring helped give a voice to are trying to attack the US embassy.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2012, 08:19 AM
    I guess you just completely miss the point. Wondergirl was using the president's own words to make her point about context. You keep using someone else's opinion of his words.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 08:21 AM
    I guess you just completely miss the point. Wondergirl was using the president's own words to make her point about context. You keep using someone else's opinion of his words.
    One thousand greenies! You explained it better than even I could have.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 08:30 AM
    I never miss the point but you both did. I was having a conversation with ex, that's how friends talk. But perhaps you don't have any friends so you may not know that, and if that's the case you have my pity.

If you two want to keep playing games feel free to congratulate each other on how brilliantly you think you smacked down the conservative and play amongst yourselves while ex and I talk. I couldn't care less what either of you think.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2012, 08:40 AM
    I never miss the point but you both did. I was having a conversation with ex, that's how friends talk. But perhaps you don't have any friends so you may not know that, and if that's the case you have my pity.

If you two want to keep playing games feel free to congratulate each other on how brilliantly you think you smacked down the conservative and play amongst yourselves while ex and I talk. I couldn't care less what either of you think.
    I'll just quote this for posterity. A real insight into the conservative mindset.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 08:51 AM
    If you two want to keep playing games
    How is this playing games? You deliberately gave the wrong impression about a quote taken out of context. And last I knew, this is an open board and doesn't belong to just two members. Maybe I don't have the proper ID?
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2012, 08:56 AM
    I was indeed about to post the same thing. It is not a game when we try to keep facts involved in our discussions. Then accusing us of the same things that you do is poor form indeed. If you and your friends want to have a private chat you can use many free instant messaging programs, I can point you to a few if you want. But if you post disinformation here you WILL be called on it... whether you call it "games" or not.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How is this playing games? You deliberately gave the wrong impression about a quote taken out of context. And last I knew, this is an open board and doesn't belong to just two members. Maybe I don't have the proper ID?
    That's an outright lie Wondergirl, I did not deliberately mislead, I referred to and I quote, an "Emmy Award winning journalist" from NBC, but I showed you that way back. Nitpicking on something that has no bearing on the meaning of my comment is a game in my opinion.

As for your "this is an open board" remark, I have done nothing to prevent you from participating or suggest you shouldn't. It was an explanation as to why I didn't feel the need for context, it was just a remark to ex - we've been talking to each other that way for years on multiple boards you know.

Did Obama say he didn't consider Egypt an ally? Yes. Did he shun Bibi? Yes. Did I justify my comment to ex and cite the source? Yes. I have thoroughly addressed your initial complaint so if you want to pursue this further I can only consider it intentional provocation.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 09:08 AM
    I was indeed about to post the same thing. It is not a game when we try to keep facts involved in our discussions. Then accusing us of the same things that you do is poor form indeed. If you and your friends want to have a private chat you can use many free instant messaging programs, I can point you to a few if you want. But if you post disinformation here you WILL be called on it...whether you call it "games" or not.
    Calling me a liar is poor form.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 09:10 AM
    Are you two done now? Do you have anything useful to add to the topic or not?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
    Just one question? Are you this way in real life?
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
    Pipe down now, you're not the topic police. :D
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 09:14 AM
    Obviously the rules in this place are a joke.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 09:14 AM
    Obviously the rules in this place are a joke.
    Which rules do you mean?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Romney is the way he is [ 28 Answers ]

Like Daryl Hannah, Dan Akroyd, probably Johnny Depp, Sean Penn, Keanu Reeves, Al Gore, and many others, Mitt Romney probably has Asperger's syndrome. He's very smart, but as an Aspie he has trouble connecting with people, and it's why he seems to have no empathy for the common man, why weird...

You DON'T want Romney, do you? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: I've alluded to something weird happening in Republican circles.. I thought maybe they'd EVEN let Obama win in order to NOT have president Romney. Of course, I'm just excon. Nobody knows me... But people know right wing Erick Erickson. This is what HE said: Mitt Romney as the...

Biblical Archaeology - Near East & Middle East Archaeology [ 2 Answers ]

If the archaeology of the Near/Middle East is an interest of yours, check out the Biblical Archaeology Society (BAS). We, too, have a forum where you are welcome. BAS has been publishing the latest research in the field of archaeology in the Biblical lands since 1975 in their flagship...

Toilet - Main Siphon Jet erupts with bubbles [ 9 Answers ]

I've got a 6 year old toilet and in the past 5 months it has not been operating properly. Sometimes (but rarely) we get a good flush but most of the time a LARGE amount of air comes from the front of the toilet's main siphon jet and then no actual siphon occurs. I can get it to flush easily if I...

View more questions Search