Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 01:47 PM

A ZabaSearch on myself produced absolutely ZERO results.

However, a Google search on me produces a few hundred results on me specifically...
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    When you state that you can pay to find out someone's SSN by Internet search, then yes, you are wrong.

Well, he is either wrong or breaking the law...
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle View Post

However, a Google search on me produces a few hundred results on me specifically...
    But not your SSN, which is what led to the questioning of Psychic1's remarks.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle View Post

But NOT your SS number - please correct me if I am long.

The SS number is what "we" are talking about, or so I thought.
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 01:55 PM

Right.. no SSN. I thought he was also talking about if you HAVE someone's SSN, you can find out anything on them... through something like ZABA. I even entered my own SSN (scary as it was)... it lead me to another site that wanted me to pay money to find out stuff.

Who knows what that stuff was or where it is derived from. I am still under the impression that it can ONLY be derived from somewhere that the person actually entered the information and not from social security records...

But I could be wrong :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    But NOT your SS number - please correct me if I am long.

The SS number is what "we" are talking about, or so I thought.
    You're not long... but you are pretty :D
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 02:47 PM

Time to close this thread - "Psychic" is totally out of control, not making any sense. Has been pulled several times but continues to post.

Now others are chiming in with random remaks.

Again - time to close and take a look at Psychic.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 3, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Already done ;)
    Ultra Member

Saw that coming...
    Ultra Member

Bah... just close the thread already.

The poor OP, robertsigrist, has already gotten his/her answer.

This is just becoming childish and Psychic1 is attacking everyone because their pride is getting in the way of us answering questions.
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 02:51 PM

Ben, do the admins give that "Troll" avi? 'Cause I've seen quite a few people with it who turned out to be trolls :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 3, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic1 View Post
    i agree, NOT for free no, but once you go into PAYING for the info, whether its thru websites/ personal connections/etc. then it becomes a different ball of wax, im just saying that it could be done, and NOT just by a PI, like JUDY KAY TEE seems to think
    But here's the problem. Many of those websites entice you with promises of information, and after you hand over the dollars, youy get a lot of guesswork, much of which is wrong. My wife wasted some bucks (fortunately a small amount) trying to find her missing brother. The sites looked like they had info on him but the leads were all dead ends.
    robertsigrist Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the advice. Didn't mean to start the craziness that apparently went on. Just frustrating that I have the person's SSN and address, but unless I have his banking or employment, filing for garnishment is pretty much impossible. And he lives 75 miles away and it was only a $275 judgment for not paying for an item. Hate to throw good after bad money :-)
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robertsigrist View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Didn't mean to start the craziness that apparently went on. Just frustrating that I have the person's SSN and address, but unless I have his banking or employment, filing for garnishment is pretty much impossible. And he lives 75 miles away and it was only a $275 judgment for not paying for an item. Hate to throw good after bad money :-)
    We all understand how you feel; collecting is always the hardest part of court.

And don't feel bad about the "craziness." Every once in awhile, we get someone on the board who likes arguing and sometimes we can't help but let it get the better of us :)
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    We all understand how you feel; collecting is always the hardest part of court.

And don't feel bad about the "craziness." Every once in awhile, we get someone on the board who likes arguing and sometimes we can't help but let it get the better of us :)

Agreed - there should be some way to move a discussion/argument to another discussion/argument site but I know of no way.

I should have backed off, too, when it got nuts - but I didn't. My apologies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I garnish his wages [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know if I can garnish a persons wages. I paid a lot of bills and co signed for him and now he won't pay. How do I make him pay me back ? He won't make payments or answer my calls. What can I do ?

Who can garnish your wages? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband had a credit card that he got behind on when he was furloughed from his job for almost 2 yrs. With interest and late fees, it got to 15,000.00. The credit company was going to to settle for around 3000.00 because my husband had been a customer (credit cardholder) for many years but it...

Have judgement against tenant. How do I garnish wages to collect? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Atlanta, GA. I won judgement against a tenant 2 weeks ago (in Fulton County Magistrate Court) for non-payment of rent. He left no forwarding address and I don't know where he works. How do I go about garnishing his wages to collect? Any suggestions for wage garnishment or alternative...

Garnish wages [ 2 Answers ]

Can a credit card company card companies garnish wages.

The right to garnish wages [ 6 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me from a previous landlord, when I was first contacted by the collections agency who now holds the account 8 months ago I responded with a willingness to work out a payment plan. I never heard back from the agency until today 8 months later and they are demanding that...

View more questions Search