Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaitou Posts: 190, Reputation: 43

Mar 15, 2008, 10:03 PM
    First, before I say anything, I just want to say that you're doing a great job and I'm really happy for you!

I think you're doing the right thing. I don't think your ex (or anyone) would/should mind if you don't attend for birthday gathering even if you're not busy, because after all you're trying to move on, and the best way to do it is stay clear from the ex. It's a normal thing, and it's very understandable, so don't think about it too much or worry about it (because there's nothing to worry about).

Stop caring how she would think about all of your actions, it doesn't matter. Focus on yourself. And from a woman's perspective (and from what you wrote on the last chapter post), I think you already left a great last impression on her, just let it stay that way! ( do you really want to hit yourself on the head later for ruining that image. From personal experience, I feel really embarrassed about how I acted after my ex broke up with me, and I feel bad that he probably think I'm some scary needy girl. It's probably a image that I can never erase (even though I wish I could get rid of it), but oh well what can I do.)

Also remember what you told her when you exchange thing? I can't exactly remember what you wrote, but I believe its something along the line of - " don't expect me to stay in touch." Why don't you do what you said? Ignore her text! I think if you stop replying to her, she would stop contacting you, and in turn it would make the process of healing yourself easier. I'm not saying that this is something easy to do, but it's probably will let you move on faster.

Well anyway this is my opinion and I wish you the best of luck!

Also I hope that you will find a career that you will love with a passion in the future! I think it will make you happier and more confident!
    SJB1701E Posts: 164, Reputation: 30

Mar 19, 2008, 12:37 AM
    The ex is being weird... she texted me last night at work at 4am. No "hi" no "how are you?" just a question that seems weird and inapporpriate to ask the guy you just dumped. She asked if my grandma was happy that we broke up. About 6 months prior to the breakup my ex overreacted to a comment she overheard my grandmother saying to me about me ex not having any motivation in her life. My ex stopped coming to family things all together with me and in my opinion blew everything way out of proportion. Anyway like I said she asked me out of the blue "Is you grandma happy we broke up?" I replied "No my family actually liked you" then she said "I ment to tell you I'm workign 9-6 Easter Sunday and close the night before". I don't know why she "ment to" tell me this... I don't know what reason she has for giving me her easter weekend schedule. It was weird. Not knowing what she wanted me to say I said "Ok well happy belated St. Patrick's Day hope your not as hungover in the morning as I was this weekend (celebrated early) have a good night" and I haven't heard from her since. She's being damn weird asking me about my family's opinion of her post break up and giving me her weekend schedule for no appearent reason. I don't know... like I said in someone else's post, I gave up trying to figure women out a long time ago... I would have a better time grasping theoretical quantum physics... with NO help as Romefalls said Good Will Hunting style!
    vivia12 Posts: 143, Reputation: 15

Mar 19, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Out of every post I read,exes always make contact. So don't get your hopes high,they just want to see how you are doing,and its great to let the know you're doing great! Even if you're not, Also,if you can't figure women,how about men who not only dumps you BTU sets out to diminish watever self worth you have through manipulation> just because you refuse their so called friendship. Keep your head up!
    kaitou Posts: 190, Reputation: 43

Mar 19, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Who cares why she contacted you! Remember no contact! Keep the contact small, do other things, stop thinking about her!

Aside from that, have a happy easter weekend!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I think my girlfriend wants to break up [ 6 Answers ]

I'm new to this site so I really don't know where to start... I'm a 15 year old boy, I have been dating my girlfriend for 7months and 22days now. She is my first girlfriend as I'm her third boyfriend. I spoil her a lot, I'm the only boyfriend who has been approved by her family members. I love her...

My girlfriend wants to break up. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone.I am really facing a serious problem in my life and I really appreciate any help I can get.I have been in a good relationship with a girl for 2 and a half years.it was a lovely time but now she wants to break up.well its not that I never got signs that she wasn't being as close to me...

My girlfriend wants a break [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for six months. We fell madly, madly in love. We told each other that we wanted to be together forever. She is 27 and I am 26. When we first got together she never wanted to be away from me, spent the night at my house everyday, she ended up quiting school and...

Girlfriend Says She Needs A Break [ 29 Answers ]

Well To Give A Little Heads Up On What Happened... Before We Were Dating She Knew Most Of My Family For A While And That's How I Met Her. Well We Were Dating For About 6-7 Months And Then Out Of The Blue She Said She Is Getting Too Stressed Out With Her Issues In Her Life And My Insecuritys . Now I...

View more questions Search