Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 22, 2008, 05:50 AM
    What's wrong with my computer
    I have a home made computer which a few of my friends helped me make. I have a black tower with an display screen which displays in blue and provides me the tempter of my hard drive and cpu. As well it has blue lights all around it. I paid allot for a top of the line mother board, CPU and heat sink and fan for the cpu. To skip the rest of the details about my Tower. I have a problem with the computer restarting all the time. It would just happing out of the blue. Some times it happens over and over again. Does any one have any suggestions on where to find out what's wrong with it. I believe it has something to do with the tower or the power supply. Any suggestions would be a great help.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 22, 2008, 08:54 AM
    To keep people up dated. I have purchased a new tower and a power supply. I have put all the interior components from the old tower to the new tower. I as of yet have any problems with it restarting. So the problem is ether the power supply or the tower itself. How can I test the power supply to see if it's the power supply or the tower. Thanks
    AskGary Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Most likely, the tower does not have anything to do with it, unless the motherboard was grounded somehow to the tower.

The problem seems like a power supply issue. You can test the power supply on one of your friends computers, but I would not recommend this. It sounds like the power supply is bad and you could risk destroying some of your friends' components.
    bendingoutward Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Additionally, if you do a lot of this sort of work, a power supply tester can be purchased for not too many dollars.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's Wrong With Me! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so here's the deal... lately I've been crying for now reason... I have a loss of abitit.. like I won't eat tell I think about food then I'm like I haven't ate all day I should eat.. cause I'm skinny enough... my stomach feels all funny... and I know I shouldn't but I seem to be crazing weed a...

What's wrong with me? [ 9 Answers ]

I am only 18 and a female... Over the years I have had many problems... I have accumulated sits, bad acne, and more recent rapid weight gain. I eat very little. I drink allot of liquid. I feel hungry all the time like my stomach gets upset because it is hungry, all I got to do is take a bit of...

What's wrong [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I am 17 and I have never had sex but there are times were I don't have a peirod for like 2 to 3 months... can anyone tell me why this is... :confused:

What's wrong with me? [ 2 Answers ]

I was supposed to start my period on the 3rd and I did, but I bled that day and then I didn't bleed at all the next day, then on the 5th I bled and the sixth I didn't bleed.. I don't know why my period is being like this, a couple days before I started my period I had sex.. so I don't know if this...

What's wrong with me? [ 7 Answers ]

So I have been having sex for a while now I'm 21 and the only time I ever ad an orgasm was when I gave it to myself? I have never had an orgasm while having sex or even receiving oral sex... sum1 help me!!

View more questions Search