Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 30, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian24
    As a gay man and Christian I was told by alot of people that homosexuals will not go to heaven but will go to hell instead. I know that alot of older people believe this and I think that is not true because god love everyone. He would not make homosexuals unless there is a chance of them going to heaven. My question is where (book and chapters) does it say that homosexuals will go to hell or where (book and chapter again) does it said that they will not or does it not say neither?

Brian:

I think if God sent His only Son, to suffer be crucified, and resurrect for a sinner like me, He certainly sent Him for you. :)

Today in church, John 3 - Jesus talks to Nicodemus, an elite of His chosen people. The next chapter, John 4, Jesus talks to an adulterous Samaritan woman. Think about that, Jesus came for all of us. Luke 5: 31-32 and 23: 39-43.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 31, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Brian:

I think if God sent His only Son, to suffer be crucified, and resurrect for a sinner like me, He certainly sent Him for you. :)

Today in church, John 3 - Jesus talks to Nicodemus, an elite of His chosen people. The next chapter, John 4, Jesus talks to an adulterous Samaritan woman. Think about that, Jesus came for all of us. Luke 5: 31-32 and 23: 39-43.
    Yes I agree but once we have come to Know Christ and what he did for us, He says "Go and sin no more.."

So Yes he did die for Homosexuals too and homosexuality is no greater sin than fornication and adultery however once we know Christ we are to repent and turn away from sin.
    So Brian, God loves you but he wants you to obey his word and turn away from homosexuality because it is sin.

Mar 31, 2008, 10:46 AM
    [
    QUOTE=Onan]

I have read a lot of your posts and I know you are smarter than this. I didn't say I had the RIGHT to take life, I said I had the POWER to take life. We all do. No one has the RIGHT, murder is wrong. The power to take life is not reserved for the Gods. You only have to watch the evening news to know this is truth.
    I was just trying to emphasise that just because you have the power to take life does not mean you have the right to do so. God does have the right to take life that He freely gave to us.

The fact that my kids are here is more than enough to prove otherwise. If it weren't for my wife and I, my kids would not be here.
    Yes and it is because of the ability that God gave you. A biological process that God put in place allows you to procreate. But that does not mean you have the "created" them. Your wife Just gave birth to what God created using your sperm and her egg.

Now I will be honest, I'm not much into science but I have read somewhere that humans have successfully cloned sheep? If it hasn't been done yet it won't be too long before a human is cloned. If that is the case we will have HUMANS creating LIFE. So whether it be physically or in a lab we have the power to create life.
    Well lets not jump the gun, no humans have been cloned yet but even so, All they would be doing is taking cells from a human the God created and duplicating them.

God has no more right to end my kids life than I do. As I said, no one has the right to murder. Murder is wrong. I'm really not understanding how you or anyone else for that matter does not understand murder is wrong.
    You can't compare yourself to God, who are you?. lol God created everything, he gave us the life we have and has the right take it from us at His will.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 10:58 AM
    So Brian, God loves you but he wants you to obey his word and turn away from homosexuality because it is sin.
    I don't think who we are attracted to can be considered a sin. Our actions are what makes us sinners. Mans law says he can not marry, so he cannot be afforded the same outlets for his love, as the rest of the world. Is that a sin, or is that man putting his restrictions on man? Not to argue, but to understand how we can separate sin, and make it wrong to be as God has made us?

Mar 31, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I don't think who we are attracted to can be considered a sin. Our actions are what makes us sinners. Mans law says he can not marry, so he cannot be afforded the same outlets for his love, as the rest of the world. Is that a sin, or is that man putting his restrictions on man? Not to argue, but to understand how we can seperate sin, and make it wrong to be as God has made us?

the bible makes it crystal clear that Homosexuality is sin. So he can ask God to deliver him from that sin so that he may be in right standing with God.
    Onan Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Apr 1, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Hey Sassy,

I just popped in to let you know I did read your response. I see neither of us have budged... lol
    4ndr3w5 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Apr 1, 2008, 09:24 PM
    As a gay man and Christian I was told by alot of people that homosexuals will not go to heaven but will go to hell instead. I know that alot of older people believe this and I think that is not true because god love everyone. He would not make homosexuals unless there is a chance of them going to heaven. My question is where (book and chapters) does it say that homosexuals will go to hell or where (book and chapter again) does it said that they will not or does it not say neither?
    Sorry but no.

When God created ADAM AND EVE, it was a dude and a chick, not a chick and a chick or a dude and a dude. MAN AND WOMAN. I don't have anything against you, but you asked.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Brian,

Just know that God loves us all. And each and everyone of us is His child, whom He loves.
    We all are human and you just let God be the judge of your heart.

Pray to Him for peace and for His love to always be in your heart, so you can show and share it to others.

You ask an incredible question, which quite honestly, none of us truly know, accept God.

We are going to be judged as individuals, not as groups. Our Heavenly Father has more then enough love for us to do that for us.

So Brian, you are an individual, who loves God and may His Light continue to guide you.

Brian, I am wondering, how do you now feel about things?

I do have great care for you in my heart as I am sure all who have responded to.

Bless you Brian, now and always,

Allheart
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 5, 2008, 10:52 AM
    You must bear in mind that Jesus spoke literally nothing about being gay or lesbian. An all-knowing King of Peace and Love obviously knows the true merits of heartfelt Love. Nevertheless, it is Promiscuity that is the sin to avoid in both sexual orientations and the one that can haunt a person until it is vanquished from their life.

For a clearer perspective of this issue, the following websites present a fairly non-biased view.
    Note: On the second website, you might want to read "j. Birch" comments also!

Would Jesus Discriminate? - David loved Jonathan more than women

Pengiuns - Page 2 - Fencing.Net Discussion
    Expert

Apr 5, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Good post Scotty, but the personal attacks on Fr. Chuck, were not necessary, as we all have our opinions. I may not agree with him, or others, but try not to be personal about it. You make some very good points I do agree with though, as a personal relationship with the God you understand, is as important as life, and the choices we make are our own decisions. I also agree that the Bible (Qur'an, Torah, or any other religious book), was written by man, therefore not only open to interpretation, but flawed, by the same men who wrote it. They had good intentions, but had to accede to the times they were in.
    Expert

Apr 5, 2008, 11:56 PM
    I also agree that homosexuality is not a sin, but that promiscuity, may not be a wise course, or lifestyle, and that has nothing to do with what gender we prefer.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 12:01 AM
    Scott,

In regards to Father Chuck, that is his name due to the fact he is of the clergy and is to be respected by referring to him in that way. You are not aware of Father Chuck's background, and perhaps it would have been best to ask Fr. Chuck, who I respect immenseley.

I am of the Catholic faith, and we do indeed call our priest, "Father".

As you say, the bible was written by man and we all are fallable.

As you say, the bible was written by man, known to error.

Edit: Here is the Catholic's repsonse to the utilization of the title "Father".

Call No Man "Father"?
    addaddadd Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 09:51 PM
    I have asked this question before but here we go again. Where in the bible does it talk about homosexuals? Some of you have told me that there are homosexuals in the bible like David and Johnathan. Where in the bible are they and why do some people say that homosexual is against god when it is in the bible? Can anyone answer that?
    Dear Brian,
    Homosexuals is not against God it is a part of God Creation. God does not stop creating in Genesis He Continue to create the bible says" But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work." (John5:17) God continue to work and one of His work is Homosexual. Lets read it to bible, Exodo 4:11 "and the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?" If God created the deaf, even the homasexual created by God.
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2008, 07:48 PM
    It's a sin; the bible story Sodom and Gomorrah. Ask GOD for wisdom knowledge and understanding. Being deaf dumb or blind isn't a sin. GOD loves us all but no sin will enter The Kingdom of Heaven
    Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 04:47 AM

God made homosexuals when he made man, how is that a sin?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 16, 2008, 07:09 AM
    God made man. Man, Adam, made a free choice to rebel against God and sin.
    We are all sinners, straight or gay.
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Apr 16, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Scotty... Yes we are in the 20th century but since then when did GOD say its was okay to be gay? When did he change his word. Im not trying to be rude or anything; just asking a question.
    Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 10:01 AM
    when did GOD say its was okay to be gay? When did he change his word.
    Where does it say that in your bible? Just curious. I thought your bible addressed sinful conduct, and behavior, but being gay doesn't have to involve either, does it? I ask again, didn't God create homosexuals, when he created all men?
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Homosexuality is against the law of god.

However, so is eating pigs, having a bank account, cutting your hair and doing any work on Saturday.

Jesus came to fulfill the law, that phase of existence is over, and it is up to Jesus who goes to heaven or not... and Jesus has promised that if anyone asks him to come into their life, he will.

Apr 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomterm8
    Homosexuality is against the law of god.

However, so is eating pigs, having a bank account, cutting your hair and doing any work on saturday.

Jesus came to fulfill the law, that phase of existance is over, and it is up to Jesus who goes to heaven or not... and Jesus has promised that if anyone asks him to come into their life, he will.
    But homosexuality is not just an old testament law it is also said to be an abomination in the New Testament.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

My family thinks that being gay is wrong and I'm gay! [ 5 Answers ]

K well I'm gay and my family thinks that being gay is wrong.They want me to get married to someone who is also portuguese or french and start a family.I told my auntie and she was fine with it but she was worried something was going to happen to me.I want to tell my grandma who I absoulutly love...

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

View more questions Search