Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teppo Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 10:11 PM
    Moen shower knob spins
    Single knob moen shower spins without any change in water. The screw inside the knob cap can control the flow of water with a screwdriver but will not unscrew to remove the knob. The knob has no affect on water and just spins. Any input on how to resolve this. Thanks
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 10:18 PM
    Replace knob. May have to break off knob to hold cartridge to remove screw. Maybe not. This a clear acrilic knob, right?

Feb 17, 2008, 10:27 PM
    It is clear acrylic. Under the knob cap there is the screw with a washer then the knob. Thought that I would have to break it. Thanks kindly for your info.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Place screwdriver between knob and wall, pry knob away from wall while trying to unscrew screw. Knobs already broken in center maybe this will grab stem. No luck, push knob toward wall, tap gently but firmly with hammer. May be able to break out center completely. No luck, pry it off with hammer claw. Most you could do is damage little retaining clip around cartridge. Its replacable. Turn water off or you are going to get wet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 18, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Shut the water off. Pull the handle out and grasp the strem with a pair of needle nosed pliers. You may now unscrew the stem screw and remove the handle. Replkace with a Moen replacement handle. Good luck, Tom

Mar 3, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Thx to all the input everything went well and is working now. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower knob [ 1 Answers ]

How do I disassemble a shower knob

3 Knob Shower Fixture [ 7 Answers ]

I had to replace the washers in a 3 knob shower fixture. Now I can't seem to get the diveerter stem instaled properly. Help, please.

Moen single knob bathtub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Moen single knob bathtub faucet. The plastic knob has broken -- just spins and won't turn the water on. I tried to take the screw out that holds the handle on, but can't get it to come off. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Removing shower knob [ 2 Answers ]

I know some of you will get a chuckle from this question, but how do you remove the control knob from a Price Pfister three knob shower valve? I've removed the center screw and when I grasp the knob, the valve still turns/pulls/shakes. Do I need a special pry-off tool? Thanks!

Moen Single knob tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Even when the knob is pushed all the way in, I have a slow drip coming from the lower spout (not the shower head). The normal knob operation is as follows: Pull for on, push to shut off, turn left for hot, turn right for cold. I removed the knob, then the circular brass plate, but I can't...

View more questions Search