Ask
    ipb215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Shower knob
    How do I disassemble a shower knob
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 04:50 PM
    A single handle shower knob or handle will have a screw somewhere. It is either hidden on the underside of the knob or there may be a plastic brand logo on the handle that can be pried out. Once the screw is loosen the handle will come off. What are you repairing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Knob Stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. My hot water shower knob has been stuck for months and the only way I can turn it is buy using channel locks. Though I don't think this has anything to do with it, the knobs themselves used to fall off all the time, and so during a weak moment I epoxied them into place. I know, not a...

Stripped out shower knob [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Price Phister shower water mixer. After about 10 years the screw that holds the hot/cold on/off knob to the shaft of the water mixer seems to have stripped out. I suspect the metal screw that holds it together is going into a plastic fitting that has fatiged over time and is stripped out...

Remove shower knob [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a trick to removing the control knob in shower. I know there is a cover plate, I just can't figure out how to pop it off. Do I need a special tool to get that plastic cover off. I tried a flathead screwdriver, but the tip is too fat.

Broken Shower Knob [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a shower knob break and can not find a replacement knob that fits. I've been to Lowe's and Home Depot and the knobs I buy won't fit. It's not the knob itself that doesn't fit. It's the pipe that grabs the knob is too big and won't insert. The house is a 1970s house and I need to...

Shower Knob Removal [ 2 Answers ]

I've replaced faucet washers before but never in this house (2.5 yrs in this old house). The knobs in the shower are hot and cold with the faucet in the middle for the batch. The knobs are mounted to the wall which is tiled. I removed the cap and unscrewed the screw in the middle of the knob, but...

View more questions Search