Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katringette22 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 10:55 PM
    What can I do.I have to choose one
    Well it a longer story then it seems but ill tell you what I need help with. My friend and his girlfriend have been dating about 6 monthes and are said to be engaged(hes 18 , she's 15). She likes him a lot and he does to but its as though he just is missing something.His girlfriends close friend is some who he like and would like to go out with she's the same age. Him and his girlfriend currently live in two different country(us and canada) but when they start dating the lived close. He wants to end it with his girlfreind and still be friends with her , well he goes out with her friend... how does he do these? Any ideas?or comment?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 11:38 PM
    ... so...

Guy is dating girl and are "engaged"

Guy likes girlfriend's friend.

Guy wants to date girlfriend's friend and remain friends with girlfriend.

... unless the girlfriend's just THAT nice or THAT stupid, it's not going to happen.

Tell romeo to do what makes him happy, but don't expect girlfriend to be his friend after he leaves her for girlfriend's friend.

Also, "engagement" after 6 months of dating in high school... is quite dubious.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 11:45 PM
    This reminds me of a situation that happens a lot while fishing. The fisherman has two poles in the water at the same time. Both have bites at the same time, and either one could be a great catch. The fisherman has to make a decision.

Pick one and let the other one go.

Feb 28, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    This reminds me of a situation that happens a lot while fishing. The fisherman has two poles in the water at the same time. Both have bites at the same time, and either one could be a great catch. The fisherman has to make a decision.

Pick one and let the other one go.
    That's so true. It excally like fishing

Feb 28, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Yeah I agree with you there he wouldn't be able to have his girlfriend as a friend. I keep telling him to go with his heart.
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Cept in fishing, you usually don't pick one fish, let the other fish go, and hope that the fish you let go will wait at the bottom of the boat in case the one you picked is a small catch.
    JL FANATIC Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Feb 28, 2008, 07:52 AM
    You will not be your FIANCE'S friend after that. You are lucky she is not in this country, in fact she probably, no she already has someone else anyway. But you will still have her best friend to love.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katringette22
    My friend and his girlfriend have been dating about 6 monthes and are said to be engaged(hes 18 , shes 15).
    Isn't this illegal?
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Feb 28, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Let me get this straight, your "friend" is 18, she's 15, been together for 6 months and the are engaged to each other? Your "friend" also likes her friend who is also 15? There are so many things wrong with this. First tell your "friend" to stop fishing in the kiddy pool and meet somebody his own age. Second, Im pretty sure in some states this could be considered statutory rape. Third, why the hell would anybody want to be engaged that young and only after 6 months?
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Are they really "engaged"... or is it one of those "i love you, here's a promise ring" type deals. You guys know what I'm talking about.

I miss those days... ah puppy love.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 09:48 AM
    This is more for your friend. Try giving yourself time. That's how you learn more about yourself and more about what you want and need in life. It's the only way you can choose more wisely when you get older. People who date early usually end up dating most of their early years until they get married and never take even a year of not dating to figure out what it is that they really want and need. They never had time to really know themselves. Hence, the divorce rate in America, which is 50%. I definitely understand that strong feelings can come at any age. I just want you to understand something at least as just a thought.

I like to think of the 13 to 18 year periods as the learning years of life stages. I mean think about having a real girlfriend from the age of 15 until the age of 24. Do you really think at 15 or even 17, that a girl will last that long with a guy at such a young age when that is when people mostly change and learn? Even marriages don't last that long and those are the people that assume they know what they want and are getting into with the upmost commitment. All I'm saying is that it's almost unrealistic to think that close friends and gf's will be forever at a young age. More realistically, I'd say between the years of 25 and 35 is when one can find someone more compatible. I think what's important for the most part of life are just family and friends, like you said.

You're almost an adult. Having fun and doing things you wouldn't normally do like sky diving and so many other activities should consume you right now. Playing around, talking to many girls, doing crazy things and trying new things is what should be going on. Believe me, by 25 most of your life will have enough seriousness. Loans, school, work, bills, a marriage or girlfriend and possibly even more. Life will be very serious then. Right now try to make the best of these years and embrace it because many people regret it later on in life. I want you to enjoy it for all of humanity. Do it for us... lol Don't get too close to anybody and don't expect so much out of situations. Then you can for the most part, not be let down.

I know some feelings are unevitable and sometimes we get too close to people unintentionally, but try staying focused and keep your emotions in control. Don't ever let your emotions control you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Choose from only one of those [ 23 Answers ]

OKay, say... There are two girls standing in front of you. Both of them are smart and pretty... U must pick only one: A: more intelligent than the other one

I can't choose! [ 7 Answers ]

Well. I work at a restaurant and there are three guys there who have caught my attention in different ways. The first is Divinci (not really I changed all of their names). Divinci is really fun and outgoing and crazy. We always have a lot of fun during work. He is 25. The next is Carrot (lol)...

Who should I choose [ 5 Answers ]

OK I'm going out with this guy and I love him and everything but there's another guy that I also like and I no he likes me. But the problem is, is that I'm stuck between both of them. They both told me that they love hanging out with me becoz I make them happy. I don't no which I too choose. I love...

Who should I choose? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been single for quite a while and then all of a sudden I met a friend who I was at school with which was over 5 years ago for names sake I will call him John, well we became friends and then one day out of the blue he asked me out, we get on really well as friends and was a bit shocked when...

Which one to Choose? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm quite new to computer and I've been asked to advise on which Program to choose for a company-Off-the-shelve application package or Bespoke Application package. Please help me to give a very meaningful answer as to the advantages and disadvanges each have over the other. Thank you.

View more questions Search