Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lief_of_Del Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Nov 14, 2007, 11:02 PM
    It was hard enough waiting six months for us. I don't care if its degrading. What type of lawye3r should I use to find out this information. We want to know for sure.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 11:04 PM
    A criminal defense lawyer I think would know most about the laws against child molestation and things like this, I'm guessing.

Nov 18, 2007, 09:36 PM
    I can't get in contact with one. But I really doubt it would be illegal to kiss her

Nov 18, 2007, 09:54 PM
    The reason this is important to me is I don't want to date just to date. I don't want to just go out with a girl I see one day that I think is hot. I've know her for a long time. All the memorys I have of her is important to me. I really care about her. But I don't want us to get in trouble for doing what we think is right. I'm NOT going to have sex or touch her anyway inappropriately. That's not why I'm attracted to her. I don't want her to get hurt

Feb 19, 2008, 01:11 PM
    I asked her out about a week ago and so far we didn't hit any bumps
    My parents don't like it still but I'm still happy
    CSW6314 Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Feb 20, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Well I don't really understand why you posted if you were just going to be so defensive. If you want to read the law for yourself why don't you Google it or something. You know that leagally its wrong to be with her and that INCLUDES KISSING. If the answers already posted here are not enough for you then I don't know what else to tell you
    xxxlovecanhurtxxx Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 03:26 PM
    It is illegal for you 2 to date in the US for minors the dating age difference is 3 years. Sorry for that information. Good luck with everything though.

Feb 20, 2008, 11:15 PM
    Umm I didn't see any of that when I looked and asked people
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Forget the legalities...

Dude, what're you doing with a 13 year old?

You're 17. This means you're a sophomore/junior in high school. You're dating an 8th grader. At this point, she JUST hit her teens, and you're about to be a junior/senior in high school.

At this point, the maturity level of both of you are incompatible... and yeah, she could be "more mature than other girls her age" yadda... I've heard it all before. Trust me. She's at that age now when she's starting to wear makeup and talk about boys in the girl's bathroom... and you're at that age now when you should be thinking about college.. . see the difference?

If you REALLY like her, and she REALLY likes you, why not wait until you two are actually older?

There's a reason people on this forum are telling you to NOT do it.

Feb 20, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Actually I'm a senior already and already know which college I'm going to
    Bu you were close

Were being careful and don't do anything we wouldn't do in front of her parents
    We make sure we tell them the truth and don't hide anything
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 11:36 PM
    That's not my point. My point is... you'll be graduating high school. Come September, when you're a freshmen in college, she will be a freshmen in high school. Do you really think you two will connect on a maturity level... emotional level..

Feb 20, 2008, 11:48 PM
    umm I guess we will find out ^_^
    we've been friends for a long time, over three years now
    we are happy when we are together, we aren't going to do anything stupid
    we don't care what other people think and know people think its weird
    and most importantly we aren't nervous around each other and we are happy
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 21, 2008, 12:11 AM
    I have a 13 year old daughter and even if it was legal I still would not allow it she is 13 a child does not know what she wants. You should try and find a girl your own age she is a child
    CSW6314 Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Feb 21, 2008, 05:32 AM
    If you don't care what other people think why post an ask for opinions? It seems the majority of us have the same answers. Its illegal point blank
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 06:18 AM
    By dating this girl you are denying her a childhood. How selfish is that? You are denying her a couple more carefree years to gossip about Jonny Depp, to make mistakes without anyone judging her, to hang out with her friends (if she is with you she is not with her peers), to concentrate on her schoolwork. You may think that won't happen but it will because at 13 you haven't learnt the control to properly balance full blown relationships with life.

You also don't have the strength of your own convictions and the protection form suggestibility that you develop later in life.

If you love her like you claim to you would wait. You obviously just don't love her enough.

So waiting hurts suck it up! There are loads of people who had to wait for their one true loves. Think of women left behind when their sweethearts went to war. They didn't even know they were goining to come back!

Make yourself busy and concentrate on your life.

You are at different stages of life.

Dating her is like you dating someone who will be asking you to move in with them and put a deposit on a mortgage or move to another state so that they can start a new job. Or start thinking about having a baby. Sound fun? You will require more emotionally than she is able to give.

I hope you make the right decision for both of your sakes.

Feb 21, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Um her parents are allowing us to date and she does talk about celebritys with me and her best friend who is always with us
    I see her about once or twice a week at church
    She texts me a lot and I sometimes help her with her math homework

I originally started this because I didn't know if it was legal and me and her decided I wasn't worth going to jail for and we would wait if it was illegal
    I wasn't asking for anyone's opinion(I don't mind getting any though) I was just looking for legal answers
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 21, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    By dating this girl you are denying her a childhood. .
    Ok, I think you are all being a bit rough on this guy. If you have read my thought on this issue in other threads, you will see I'm not a fan of large differences in ages where a minor is involved. But I try to take each situation on its own merits.

I don't think he is denying her a childhood. Unfortunately our society does enough of that without any help. Kids are already thrust into more mature settings. So a 13 yr old girl dating, is not that out of line, especially if her parents agree to it.

I do question what a 17 yr old boy would have in common with a 13 yr old girl. But I think Lief appears to be sincere in his feelings. I also don't think he is a sexual predator. So I'm willing to cut him some slack. My suspicion is that after "dating" for a bit, they will both realize that they are at different stages of their lives and that a romantic relationship is not applicable. But, IN THIS CASE AND WITH HER PARENTS APPROVAL, I don't see the harm in their "dating".

And for those who don't understand the law, there are NO laws governing dating. The laws refer to sexual activity, not dating. Nowhere would it be illegal for two teens to date. Its not even illegal for a 30 yr old to DATE a 15 yr old. What they do on such a date would probably be illegal, and there are moral and ethical issues. But if the 30 yr old took the 15 yr old to dinner and a movie, no laws would be broken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Age difference [ 15 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old girl and I will be a senior in High School. I am dating a 20 year old college student. Do you think that he is too old for me to date? I just need some opinions.

Age difference [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 16 until July then I turn 17, but my girlfreind is 14 and in December she turns 15... does that sound wrong, we aren't having sex or anything!

Age difference [ 14 Answers ]

Is it possible for a relationship between a 21 yr old female and 27 man work out with such a age gap.? Is 21 to imature for a serious relationship?

Age Difference [ 7 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and my partner is 28 years older than me.We have been dating almost 2 years.I am really in love with him. But he is a control freak. I can't spend my time with my friends.He doesn't let me visit my parents because they live in another city.Nobody can come to my house because...

View more questions Search