Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Dec 19, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Vaginal itching
    My husband and I had a night out with friends, we were totally drunk by the time the night ended. We had sex and sometime during the act the condom slipped off and got stuck inside me. Unfortunately I didn't notice until 3 days later when I experienced some itching and irritation. I happened to put my finger inside and I felt the condom and pulled it out. But now the itching has not gone away. There's no foul odor, pain, or discharge the slight irritation, inflammation and itching. Could this be cleared up with a crème like vagisil? I don't think its an infection of anykind unless it's the start of a yeast infection from the condom blocking airflow into my vagina. But then again I'm not an expert. If anyone has ever had experience with incessant itching please reply and tell me how you dealt with it. Its very uncomfortable although not painful.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 19, 2007, 02:22 PM
    I had the itching once and it was a yeast infection. I'm not sure what it would be in your case. I'm sure having the condom there could irritate things. I would get it checked out by a doctor. You need to make sure that nothing serious is going on. The doctor can probably give you something to help with the itching too. Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Having the condom in that long could very possibly cause a yeast infection, or possibly a latex allergic reaction. Time for a doctor's appointment to get it checked out.

Dec 19, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Thanks for the advice I think I'll make an appt for as soon as possible. I fear the worst over something that seems so minimal.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 19, 2007, 03:30 PM
    I know any changes like that can be worrysome. Try to relax. Chances are it is just some irritation or infection. You will be just fine. Try to get in for that exam as soon as possible so that itching will stop. I think that is one of the most annoying things us girls deal with, lol.

Dec 21, 2007, 11:21 AM
    I went to the doc and its just a yeast infection although she said I may also have an allergy to the spermicide that was on the condom. So thanks for the advice ladies and thank goodness its nothing too serious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog sneezing and itching a lot [ 7 Answers ]

My 4 1/2 month old golden-poodle mix has been sneezing a lot and scratches at his face/ eyes. He now has reddish rings around the outside of his eyes. Could this be an allergy to something? I asked the Vet the last time we were in and he didn't think it was anything. Also, please note, my dog...

Itching Aussie [ 4 Answers ]

I have been told that my deaf aussie has a flea allergy. Each year about this time she starts to scratch and bite at her upper arms and sides. Is there anything over the counter that I can give her? She starts to run a fever after awhile and I wind up with her at the vet. Is there anythink I...

Stop my itching [ 1 Answers ]

My wife itches on her arms only. She has tried cortisone,and benadryl. What else could help her to stop itching? There are small little red spots on her but, not all over. What could it be?

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me why I keep itching all over from my head to my toes I have not used are eaten anything different but my head and hands legs feel as though they are on fire but no rash just go red thank you:mad:

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

When I shave my vagina... it starts icthing... do you know what I can use to shave myself

View more questions Search