Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suddenImpact Posts: 175, Reputation: 23

Nov 26, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Overdrive on F-150
    Hi all,

I just bought a '99 F150, but I'm having a problem with it. If I'm driving in the city, and get up to 45-50mph, when I start to slow, I can feel the truck drop out of overdrive kind of hard, and then the overdrive OFF light starts flashing. There is no way to get it to stop flashing with out turning the truck off, and back on. I've tried to just turn it off while driving in the city, the only thing that does it make it so I can't feel it down shift hard, after a while the light will start blinking again.

Any thoughts?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2007, 11:29 AM
    The best defense against ATX problems is to drop and clean the pan, change the filter, and replace the fluid every 30,000 miles. I recommend Mobil 1 Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF or Amsoil Universal Synthetic ATF. The link below may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post552241

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 dodge ram overdrive problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 01 ram sport and when I drive if it stays betweengears it revs up and down. Like its sgoin in and out of overdrive. I brought it to aamco and they ran the diagnostics on it. The guy told me that it was showing that the soleniod isn't working properley. I would like to know if the...

Dodge Ram Overdrive Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

The lock-out indicator light in my 94' Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500 Ram pickup stays on and the transmission will not shift into overdrive. I have tried disconnecting the speed indicator and checked and cleaned all the electrical contacts. If I disconnect the lockout switch it still won't shift into...

1997 Ford Explorer overdrive trouble. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Ford Explorer, 4wd, 188k mi. My check engine light is on and it gave me a p1762 code error. The transmission does not seem to be going into overdrive or 3rd gear. I can still go 60 mph but the engine rpm's are at 3k. The OD button is on the shifter and seems to be working. The OD...

1997 GMC truck overdrive not working [ 7 Answers ]

Just got a new transmisson put in my truck.Does not shift in overdrive. My engine and ABS light is on. Just got the transmisson check guy said it fine. What could be the problem?

01 dodge ram overdrive problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2001 dodge ram, my problem is that my engine light came on and stayed on a week ago, now for no reason my truck shifts in and out of overdrive, can anybody help, we need our truck we are a motocross family.

View more questions Search