Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nalomeli23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Confused pregnant woman back again with more confusion.

Firstly, I would like to thank those who in my first request for advice in my situation gave there much sought after answers. I was really appreciative and I told my boyfriend about my infidelities and knowing that there could be a possibility that he isn't the father of my unborn child. I guess it was a relief to him and for awhile my conscience was clear, but it seems like somehow my load got heavier and I really don't know what else to do.
    I'm now 31 weeks pregnant, though my "boyfriend" promised to be supportive, he's really shown his disinterest in my pregnancy from day one. I feel messed up because I irresponsibly chose to have this baby and didn't consider the consequences that would reflect on this baby. The ex-boyfriend that I cheated with won't even answer my phone calls or address any issue that has to do with me. We spoke months ago, when I told him that he could be the father of this baby and since then I've written a letter to him regarding the subject, but he is reluctant to talk to me. I tried talking to my close friends about the matter, but eveyone tells me "that I have to decide for myself what I want to do". But that's the thing, I have no clue what it is that I can do about it. When I try to contact either one of the possible fathers, I feel bad for even getting them or myself involved in something like this. I know because of this baby, this situation deserves action.
    So should I keep trying to contact my ex boyfriend until he decides to pay attention to the situation? Should I keep at my "boyfriend" in hopes that he'll come around about the baby, even though it's causing me emotional stress? Maybe I'm just being selfish... I don't know. HELP!!
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Nov 21, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Keep trying, no matter how hard it is, to keep contacting the possible fathers, you will need that child support because I feel that your "boyfriend" won't be there there for too much longer. Actually, I wouldn't blame him if he left you, you did cheat on him.
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Nov 21, 2007, 03:03 AM
    I would not try to contact the fathers, especially the x who is ignoring you, yes you cheated on your current but you are now 31 weeks pregnant, a heavy time when you just want the pregnancy over with.Are you thinking about how you being upset (constantly) will/is effecting baby, you need to be thinking positive thoughts. You will have to deal with the feelings of your current boyfriend and paternity after you give birth to the baby, I hate to say it but he is a grown man and the newborn baby needs you more.You can't deal with everything now, its physically and mentally impossible.After you have baby you can do a DNA test to determine the father and then go on with your life.
    Please stop stressing its not good for either of you!!
    Nalomeli23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalomeli23
    Firstly, I would like to thank those who in my first request for advice in my situation gave there much sought after answers. I was really appreciative and I told my boyfriend about my infidelities and knowing that there could be a possiblity that he isn't the father of my unborn child. I guess it was a relief to him and for awhile my conscience was clear, but it seems like somehow my load got heavier and I really don't know what else to do.
    I'm now 31 weeks pregnant, though my "boyfriend" promised to be supportive, he's really shown his disinterest in my pregnancy from day one. I feel messed up because I irresponsibly chose to have this baby and didn't consider the consequences that would reflect on this baby. The ex-boyfriend that I cheated with won't even answer my phone calls or address any issue that has to do with me. We spoke months ago, when I told him that he could be the father of this baby and since then I've written a letter to him regarding the subject, but he is reluctant to talk to me. I tried talking to my close friends about the matter, but eveyone tells me "that I have to decide for myself what I want to do". But that's the thing, I have no clue what it is that I can do about it. When I try to contact either one of the possible fathers, I feel bad for even getting them or myself involved in something like this. I know because of this baby, this situation deserves action.
    So should I keep trying to contact my ex boyfriend until he decides to pay attention to the situation? Should I keep at my "boyfriend" in hopes that he'll come around about the baby, even though it's causing me emotional stress? Maybe I'm just being selfish...I don't know. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This goes out to HollylovesBrandon, and I thank you for you commentation. I know I posted my question up for it to receive advice. Sincerely I thank you. Before you can say that you wouldn't blame him, you would have to know him. In no way am I justifying my actions, I think it could've been a better way to go about things, but it's more to the situation. Everyone is human, a while you may feel that my choice to cheat while I was in a relationship kind of cuts into my character. Nothing should justify his absence. I was adult enough to cheat and handle to consequences, then he should be able to stand beside me unfaltering. After all isn't that what a relationship is about? Just because a person has been proved to be wrong, doesn't mean they have to stand hand and hand with it. In light of the holidays, I approach you with a humble heart, God Speed and God Bless. But most of all thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salutations.Confused Pregnant woman here! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone and I hate to be entering this room on a brash note, but I am in serious need of advice. I was guided to this website because of some much sought information. I am 25 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have a boyfriend but around the time that I conceived I was heavily involved...

Pregnant woman with Clamidya [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what are the consequences if I'm pregnant and then I find out that I have Clamidya?

Cut off contact with woman to get her back? [ 50 Answers ]

I was involved in a relationship with a woman for 2 and a half years and she told me 2 months ago that she now just wants to be friends. Some background: during our entire relationship, I could never fully commit to her or return to her the love in the same way that she showed me. I remained hung...

View more questions Search