Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Sep 26, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Teeth and toddler
    I have tried everything I can think of to get my boy to brush his teeth,but he only will do it when he's in the mood.Does anyone have suggestions about how to get a 3 year old to enjoy brushing his teeth?:D
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
    I'm afraid it's something he has to learn HAS to be done. At 3 the parent should be brushing his teeth. Boys need parental help until they are 11 or 12 since their dexterity is slower to develop.
    I have a 3 yr old grandson who doesn't like his teeth brushed. When he is here, Papa holds him and his hands while I brush... he cries (grandson, not Papa) but at least his mouth is open which makes easy brushing!
    Eventually he will learn that this is something that MUST be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Effects of weed on a toddler [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to know the effects of smoking weed daily in the same room on a toddler of 36 months old. From a concerned Nanny.

Infant/Toddler websites [ 7 Answers ]

ZERO TO THREE: Zero to Three Home Page Parents Action Store babyonline.com Baby BagŪ Online -"The In-Site to Parenting" Welcome - TheBabyPlanet.com

Stained teeth on toddler [ 6 Answers ]

My son started getting brown stains on his teeth at about age 2. The pediatric dentist stated it was iron stains (my son does not take any iron suppliments) and polished most of the stains off. One to two months later the stains returned and have gotten worse. I have another appt. with the same...

Crying toddler [ 23 Answers ]

My19 months old daughter is always crying, we have try everything to make her stop. Can you please help me? Do you think by yealing at her will maker her stop crying?

When should toddler be using spoon/fork [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wanting some advice on this subject, Currently I am still feeding my son with a spoon myself and letting him feed himself with his fingers food that can be eaten that way. My mom said I need to start letting him feed himself with a spoon, that he should be attempting it right now. ...

View more questions Search