Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 01:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Do you have a television?
    I am still waiting for an answer.
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Sep 18, 2007, 01:46 AM
    Patience is a virtue and yes but my parents put parental control on every single channel on it
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 02:03 AM
    If there is a music channel that you like, maybe you could have that one playing softly when you are trying to sleep?

You might ask your parents about that.

Do you live in the U.S.

Sep 18, 2007, 02:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    If there is a music channel that you like, maybe you could have that one playing softly when you are trying to sleep?

You might ask your parents about that.

Do you live in the U.S.?
    Yes I live in the us however the tv's not in my room...

Sep 18, 2007, 02:07 AM
    Oh and check out my other posts I need help
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 02:19 AM
    I already have checked out your other posts. If you continue to post questions all over this site about your problems that you have mentioned in this post, you are going to be confusing people who are trying to help you. If you have problems about cutting or thinking about death, then I think that you had better keep your responses right here. The Administrators of this site don't like it when you post all over the place with questions about the same sort of subjects. You might get viewed as being a troll and be banned from the site. You wouldn't like that, would you?

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are twelve years old and in the U.S. you need to try to get some sleep. I am going to do that very soon...

Sep 18, 2007, 02:21 AM
    Kk thnks
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 02:24 AM
    By the way, if you are going to continue to drink a lot of caffeine, then you are going to just give yourself more problems. Drinking caffeine and having a lot of thoughts when trying to go to sleep is probably a big part of your problem at night. I used to drink an enormous amount of it during the day. I can't tolerate it at all anymore. Even in small amounts. My heart beats irregularly and my mind starts racing. I get into a panic. It is a really unpleasant feeling!

The hidden dangers of caffeine: How coffee causes exhaustion, fatigue and addiction
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 02:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by akms
    kk thnks
    Okay. You're welcome! :)

You already know that there are many people on this site who will try to help you to sort out the problems that you have. But, you also have to work on the suggestions that you have been given. If you don't, then people will not be as willing to help you.

Please go to sleep!
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 18, 2007, 04:46 AM
    I never knew this clough, I will cut down from the coffee, once again you've come to rescue;)
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Sep 18, 2007, 07:44 AM
    If you can't sleep, try and get a white noise machine, take up meditation? Do something relaxing to try and clear your brain.

Sep 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Thnks for the help but sleep isn't my big problem so please stop posting about how to sleep better

Sep 18, 2007, 11:58 AM
    What is the big problem apart from you wanting to kill yourself? What is it that's making you feel like this? Generally this stems from something?

Sep 18, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF
    what is the big problem apart from you wanting to kill yourself? what is it thats making you feel like this? generally this stems from something?
    Read through all the earlier posts I stated most of the bigger ones there

Sep 18, 2007, 12:11 PM
    OK... this is going to be a stupid question but what makes u happy? Like... u no friends n stuff? Cos like I no when I feel really at my worst and after being on anti depressants for quite sum time that happened a lot I needed my friends and stuff that makes me happy, even things like books n video games or a cuddly toy. I know it probably sounds lame, but that's what helped me get through really bad times.

Sep 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
    I like reading books I've already read again and I like listening to music

Sep 18, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Cool that's a start... how about reading one of your favourite books when you feel bad? Sort of use it as a distraction or thinking about one of your fave songs? Something to take your mind of everything when it all seems to be going wrong?

Sep 18, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Well my favorite books are mostly pretty depressing and so is the music I listen to
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 18, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Here's a song I like to listen to and helps me when I'm feeling helpless. I don't know if you like that sort of music but you can look for a sample on the internet to listen to.
    " See The Sun" by Trance Blackman.
    In general, when I feel like that I listen to any type of uplifting music. And of course, pray to God. And he helps me a lot. And one piece of advice, don't mind the people which might criticize you, they just don't know what you're going through so that gives them no right to judge you in any way.
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Sep 18, 2007, 03:29 PM
    akms- you mentioned that you have a "shrink" but what does that mean? Is it a psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist? Let them know how you feel when you are trying to go to sleep. They care about more than just your current feelings; they can't help you if you don't tell them about all of your problems.

One more thing: you said your parents have the parental lock on every TV channel, are they excessively strict with you? Do they know that you're gender-queer? Are they sending you to a religiously affiliated therapist? If you are going to a religiously affiliated mental health professional, would it be possible to see someone else? I only ask because I'm afraid they'd put their religious beliefs ahead of your well-being.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know what's wrong and I'm worried [ 4 Answers ]

I am 16 and I have been having periods since I was 12 but never regular always have been on and off, this year I have only had three. I went for a ultrasound and they said they saw nothing wrong.I am not over weight or underweight I weigh about 8stone, so I am boggled as to what it could be. I have...

I don't Know what's Wrong With Me. [ 10 Answers ]

My name is Mandie, lately I just feel sad, well BORED! I can watch t.v. play with my dogs, get on the computer. But I just feel yukky. What do I do? :(

Don't know what's going on [ 4 Answers ]

I don't no if am in the right part of the site 4 this question but awell, anyway I discovered a little white spot on my ball bag a few months back and did not take no notis of it and now the last fewe days it has grown in 2 like a very large spot/zit and also looks and feels like 1 it has a whitend...

I'm upset that's why I'm on here, don't know what's going on with ex. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I broke up with my ex 5 weeks ago and we had minimal contact but I was bugging her a bit which iknow is wrong, when I asked her to come over she still came over to see me she said we were on a break so there was nothing happening. At first she said she needed time on her own and that she just...

My dog looks sick but I don't know what's wrong with it [ 1 Answers ]

OK my dog looks seriosly sick. She is still enegetic but all around her eyes is red like a vained poped but it has been likea month and I thought it might be a viral infection what do you thinks going on with her she is a black lab so if it is a gentic thing OK. Please answer .thnx

View more questions Search