Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuclear-fallout Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Ear Healing!
    I just got a liquid glass ear-ing in my ear! How should I go about cleaning it and should I leave it in to heal or take it out here and there. And should I go to bed with it in?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:25 PM
    Why type of jewelry did you get? Plug? Claw? Horseshoe?

Aug 15, 2007, 05:35 PM
    To start a claw, but once it has had some time to heal I got a serpentine. The claw I got to start with is about a 4 in size not to big!
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:42 PM
    How fresh is the hole that the earring is in? Did you get it pierced with this earring?

Aug 15, 2007, 05:53 PM
    The hole is been about one day! Did it yesterday after-noon. Did it with a different one the same size then switched them this morning! This one will be in until it heals. But not sure how I, well what to use to clean area! Salt wash, alcohol, epson salt?
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:56 PM
    You would clean it the same way you would clean any other body piercing.

Clean it twice a day with antibacterial soap, making sure you wash your hands with antibacterial soap before you do so. If you get any of the "crusties", which are white blood cells trying to heal the piercing, put a warm compress on your ear for about 5-10 minutes. This will soften the crust and you can remove it then with a Q-tip. If you are able, rotate it once, every time you clean it, not more than once. If you can't do a full rotation, move it left, then right, then leave it alone. Other than cleaning and rotating, leave the piercing alone. After about a month or so, reduce cleaning to once a day. Too much cleaning can irritate the piercing and prolong the healing process. Do not use any saline solutions or salt soaks on the piercing, these will dry out the piercing and cause irritation.

Whether you want it to heal with that jewelry in is up to you, but I will tell you that constantly switching jewelry in a fresh piercing will cause irritation and possibly infection. It is best to leave it alone as much as possible when it is fresh. Pick one earring to let it heal, and then you can change it out as much as you like.

You can go to bed with it, but do not sleep on it, and make sure that all bedding is nowhere near the jewelry to avoid it getting caught.

Aug 15, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Hey thank's! Seeing that I did this about a day ago is it normal for like a throb-ing pain nothing bad just minor around the area where it is? I think yeah cause I made a hole in my ear but I want to be safe! And I am go-ing to leave the one in now in until it heals up.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:09 PM
    The throbbing is completely normal, it is just from the piercing being so new. You can take some Advil and it should take care of that pain.

If you ever have any other questions or concerns about your piercing I will be here. :)

Aug 15, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Hey, Thank's!
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:11 PM
    You are very welcome :p

Aug 15, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Um... I almost forgot! But when I bought the claw the lady at the place said to put bag balm around the area to help it heal, prevent infection, and to keep like a luber-cation on the glass. Is this, well should I do this?
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:28 PM
    You can use it if you like, but the anitbacterial soap itself will help fight infection. Using it as a lubrication is a good idea, but make sure you use a minimal amount, because things like this can keep oxygen from getting through to the piercing, and oxygen helps the piercing in the healing process. :)

Aug 15, 2007, 06:34 PM
    K, again I thank you! Hope to talk with you again.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:35 PM
    You're welcome and I'll be here if you have any more questions. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear popped and now I can't hear out of my ear at all [ 7 Answers ]

I was wresteling with my kids and husband and we fell to the ground and I popped my ear pretty good and it started hurting went to the beach and got some salt water in my left ear and it was pretty excruating I had to get out of the ocean I went to sleep and when I woke up I couldn't hear out of my...

Healing from Surgery [ 3 Answers ]

What are the best vitamins to take to heal quicklly from surgery?

Sexual healing [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my man been together for 2 yrs know each other for 10. We got two kids together andn I have twow frm a previous relationship. We use to sex partners in the past while in the relationship it was srrong until we had our first child which will be his first and my third. IWe have a baby on the...

Hands on Healing [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like any and all information on Hands on Healing Thank-You!

Healing Process [ 3 Answers ]

I went to my first counseling session yesterday, and it went well. It was just a bunch of questions about everything (from childhood up to present day) to lay the foundation of where my real problems stem from. As good as I feel about starting the process of mending my marriage, I feel terrible...

View more questions Search