Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taralea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Child's last name
    I am getting married and when I change my last name my daughter also wants to change her name. Since she only hears from her biological father maybe twice a year she wants to stay the same as me since me and my fiancé are her parents. How do I go about changing her last name?
    PixieMama Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Jul 19, 2007, 09:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure you will need to go to the court house and file for a name change. I know I saw those forms on the wall one time when I had to go down to the courthouse. Or you could possibly check with a family attorney who does name changes. It's probably going to cost a couple hundred bucks, but it shouldn't be hard to do.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 19, 2007, 02:42 PM
    You have to go to court... but you need the biofather agreement for this changing... or to show that it is in yhe best interest of the child that she has to have different family name...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change child's last name [ 7 Answers ]

My daughter has both of our last names how do I drop off his? Do I need his permission?

Child's safety [ 6 Answers ]

I have a question I wanted to just push around to see others thoughts. A friend of mine is a alcoholic. She has openly admitted this, and has tried to get help from AA. When she get's in to the program she seems worse. She'll call my house crying drunk all hours of the day saying she can't...

Child's Last Name [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if Someone could Help me with a certain question I have. A friend of mine is having a child with his X-girlfriend.. Now she is saying that she does not want the child to have His last name. Does he have any rights to this situation or not? :rolleyes: If someone could help me out...

Changing child's last name [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Illinois and I want to know if it is possible to change my child's last name to my own? The father abandoned us when she was just one month old and we have no idea where he is.

Child's name change [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my husband want my son's name changed to our last name but the biological father did not sign paternity papers or the birth certificate does he have to be notified and how do we begin the process?

View more questions Search