Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    intellectpursues Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2007, 01:20 PM
    II'm becoming what I hate. Very boring!
    Okay so here's my problem. I recently moved from the Southern states to California about 10 months ago.. I used to be an outgoing guy, and a really fun person to be with. I moved out here to southern California, and now all I ever do is sit at home and think! I don't know what's wrong with me.. I always say to myself its because I don't have enough money to go out and do stuff, but can't ever think of what I would want to do anyway. My job is very isolated, because I just sit a computer all day at someone house. I really like my job and all, and don't want to quit it because the schedule will be good for when I start college in the fall. Anyway I'm 21 and I feel like I'm wasting my 20's already, but don't know where to start! I have a few friends out here and we hang out almost every night, but it's always at my house and I never get to attend parties because I don't know anyone who throws them. My friends are all younger than me, and I would go to bars but I guess I just feel weird going out to bars alone. I feel that if I do this much longer, I'm going to lose all of my social skills if I haven't already! So my question is, where do I go to meet new people, and how do I get out of this stupid funk?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
    I'm originally from California, so I know what you mean. The best way to meet people there is go to the clubs or to the beach, somewhere where there's a large amount of people, and just mingle! Where in California did you move to? I might be able to give you some tips on some places to go. I'll be moving back there from Florida in a couple of months. Not looking forward to it.
    intellectpursues Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Hey thanks for the answer. I moved to Huntington Beach, Orange County. I have a southern mentality and like to take it easy and all that.. another thing I always tell myself is that people out here are all rude and not trustworthy. I'm not rich by any means, but I make due. I feel weird at clubs because I don't dance or anything like that.. haha I guess I could 2 step? Also if I go to a club alone, I would feel about as awkward as anything. I keep thinking when I start back at school, maybe that's where I'll meet my type of people, but that just seems so long away and I'm just wasting away!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Oh you will definitely meet people at school. Where are you going? Most of the more mellow and laid back people in California usually hang out at the beach. I live in the south now and I know first hand there is no one like a southerner. They are the most laid back take it easy people I've ever met. The closest thing to the "country" you'll find in California is to go north into the San Joaquin Valley. That's where I'm from. It's the most country you're going to find there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Makes me feel I am so boring [ 17 Answers ]

Hey all, I met up with my boyfriend today who is always willing to have sex with me but never willing to respond to my mails, texts or whatever. He does that when he wants to... so today when I asked him why he never responds... he said" hey listen stop cribbing....i've become so indifferent to...

Handcuffed by Boring Job [ 10 Answers ]

I am at another one of those proverbial crossroads in my life. I'm in my early 30's, have a law degee (with almost $100,000 of debt), and have a 1 yr. old son. I spend my days at a job (non legal) that pays just enough to live on. I do not want to sit in a cubicle my whole life. But since I...

Boring Project Management What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had varied work experience of about 10 years in IT field starting with AS/400, Java, Oracle and certified in Oracle developer. My recent past eaperience is in to Web Tech, ASP/PHP not much but a little of DOTNET.All the way through I had been a very good developer and Tech guy with awards....

Probably a boring question: Flapper sticking in toilet [ 1 Answers ]

The flapper in the toilet is sticking in the open position causing the toilet to run (unless someone jiggles the handle to get the flapper to close). The chain was twisted around the handle, but has since been fixed. The flapper continues to stick for no apparent reason. Suggestions? Thanks.

Boring flight (What to do?) [ 1 Answers ]

What are some fun, sensible things to do on a long flight? (fun thing to do for a sensible grown up... i.e - not childish or immature)

View more questions Search