If you dated a door mat.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Apr 26, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by niniback
    Dear Ex of mine,

I hope your P*NIS falls off!!!

Never again,
    Me
    LOL... had me in splits... hope he reads it... it will really fall off..
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Apr 26, 2007, 11:06 PM
    To my ex, I could not be mad at you for you did nothing wrong. You were a gorgeous beautiful and honest girl and ever so trusting and always so keen. Maybe it was your age 19 may have been to young to start a relationship with you. But geez your 22 now and say you don't know how you feel. 3 1/2 years was a long time for you to say your not sure of your love? I know now what you wanted, you said that you loved me but not sure if that was enough. How could a few months change your mind. Only at christmas you send how much you loved me and as soon as I let you have more of me you lost interest again. I now know what you needed, really you needed a guy who was not so nice and not always there for you, Ive realised some girls just like and need that deep emotional bond and that's what you were looking for. I know now I could have been less available and it may well have worked, you missed me so much when I was away for a month how could you change so easily... I didn't want to have to see you less for you to want me more and I couldn't do that cause I loved you more... Maybe that's life sometimes you can't put everything ion cause you don't get a return. I know myself and you know it to I was as nice as I could be and you loved me for that you just don't feel it inside. I will live with that and move on now. Some people just like to be with people who make them miss them a bit more and maybe I am a bit soft and that's the reason your still on my mind after 6 weeks apart. I thought we were going to be together forever. You even were kind enough to tell me 5 months ago that you were not in love with me emotionally and you still gave me another chance, I turned it around and you told me how great things were and how you were feeling it inside and you thought we were destined to be together and then I fell back to the needy guy again and always let you come over when you wanted and again you wanted to part.. I know you think of all the good times we had you have told me that you love the passionate and loving times but maybe that's not enough, well maybe you should realise you had someone that loved you a lot. If you had an arsehole boyfriend before me then maybe you would realise how good we were together. I can't change your mind or your thoughts and at the moment I can only think why I didn't keep my guard up and remain a bit distant we were going so well I had a lot of control you wanted to speak on the phone every night, I knew I shouldn't be lettingf you and I should keep you keenr but you said you love toi hear my voice before you go to bed. Well its been 6 weeks and 2 weeks since yourve heard my voice. Im hoping you miss me and realise I was the one for you. Im trying not to beat myself up and believe I didn't handle my side of the mans relationship right, I know I wasn't strong enough and should have stood tall but your niceness dragged me in. I went inrto our relatuionship with no fear was not scared of losing you cause I did not want to get hurt but time got me and when the years went bye I slowly gave in as my heart got taken by you I could no longer pretend I was not in love and that's when you started to say you think you used to love me more but now you thinkn I love you more. I should have realised the signs had put up my guard and backed away, Oh how you love to miss me to realise your love, maybe its your youth yet I'm not much older than you but yet, I keep making up excuses but love is an emotion amnd if you don't make someone keep that emotion in then it slowlky drifts away...

I think of you always and wish I had another go mayb I would be stronger and not see you all the time but then again I had a second chance last time and I still fell into your lock what a wuss what a loser and to think for the first 2 1/2 years I was having so much fun and did not even need to think of you all the time but then love hit me when you told be you loved me I started to buckle, now I think of it, it may have been when I thought I was losing you I pushed harder to be with you when I should have stood my ground and let you come to me. Time will tell and I'm sure I will meet another and next time I know not to give my all. Less is mopre they say and that is what you wanted and that is what you need. No matter what you were pretty much the perfect girlfriend you gave 100% and was always there you tried your hardest and let me close. I can never imagine meeting someoine like you again, you seem to good to be true and I feel privileged to have someone like you come into my life and yet now I do not have you anymore. My heart is broken and my mind is shattered always thinking of how I should have maintained my leadership. Although I must tell everyone this girl rarely ever said "I love You" and said she kept her feelings reserved so she wouldn't get hurt. I told her you are so cold and she said to me if you don't know that after 3 1/2 years you musnt know me very well. She didn't let anything bother her nothing at all. When I first met her I was just like that as well, I didn't want to be hurt but maybe that just wasn't really me... I feel upset that you will probably let your guard down to someone else one day but I can't be that person now!! I was one of the best guys you have ever met you said and you were one of the best girls I've ever met. I still love you and always will, I feel lost without you and 6 weeks has not healed me. Im not sure how long it will take to heal me but I know one thing for sure I must go on!! Im hoping we join again but not holding my breath, Its hard for me not to be sad when I used to be so strong and you would want me so much, but oh how things change...
    Love you lots... Baby Hope you miss me and call everyday. I won't be answering though urve broken me enoug...
    origins13 Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Apr 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
    This is exactly what I need to do...

"Dear Ex,

I don't know why I still think about you but I am working hard to learn that I'm better off without you.

You are selfish and short-sighted. You told me that you're seeing the other person just to kill time. You told me you still have feelings for me and will eventually marry me. This is complete b*ll-sh*t. I feel sorry for the girl and the so-called relationship you're in now.

Thank for letting me see the real you now after 5 years together. Though it's bit late, it's better than staying blind forever.

I still miss you, but it is only the person whom I know five years ago.

Again, thanks for being a big jerk and allow me to learn more what I really need."
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

May 4, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Dear Ex,

I guess the hurt is fading away and the hatred I have inside for you ripping my heart out again is also fading. I don't hate you, in fact I will probably always love you and your son till the day I die. I know I can never be friends with you, the fact that you will be in somebody else's arms one day sends chills down my spine. And I do get jealous when I do think about that stuff. I know I can't blame you for the way you are. I just wish I seen you for the real you a long time ago. Maybe if I did I would be married by now with someone else. I can't say it was a total wasted 5 years. We did have some great times together I won't ever forget. I know one day you will want some closure but you will never get that from me. I know thiers a lot of things that I would like to have answers on but it doesn't mater anymore. I have let go of you now and moving on. Well I wish you the best and hope you find what ever you are looking for.

Your Ex,

P.S. I still hope you get preganet and get fat and he leaves you because he was just using you for sex. That would make me HAPPY!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 12:30 PM
    I just want to pop in here and let you all know how great you all are doing.
    Your letters are just incredible and I just know, all of you will be more than okay.

The hurt and pain you feel now, believe it or not, will be worth it, when that heart of yours heals and is loved in return as you all so derserve!

Very proud of all of you and keep those letters coming. Not only does it make you feel a little better, but it helps others out as well.

Boy, some of those exs... lucky they are out of Allheart's reach ;)
    jaxie Posts: 148, Reputation: 4

May 5, 2007, 01:18 AM
    You were the snake the girl trusted. You go by the name cobra yeah the lowest form on earth the snake and your proud. I hope one day someone stomps on you rips your guts out and then maybe just maybe you will feel one ounce of pain you put me through.
    I would wish you a blazing case of herpes but I am too nice for that. SO maybe just (another) case of crabs after all you DO love crabs and you had them wayyyyyyy back in college lol.
    Destroyer Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 09:43 PM
    This isn't really an ex, but a person who wanted a relationship with me after I moved away. I was just wasn't comfortable, and I was talking to someone else. She kept promising me over and over again we'd stay in touch. She dropped out of sight though. I had painted her a dish at a paint your own pottery shop. I had gone back to my old town and saw her and that she was finishing her masters and getting married in a few weeks (it's only been 8 months since she and I were talking). I sent this letter to her with the painted dish. It was incredibly relieving when I handwrote the letter. I still can't believe how much pain it caused me though, even though I am with someone else:

I want to offer my congratulations on your academic achievement. I am also happy you found a relationship that fulfills you.

I am certain a relationship between us in August 2006 would have been a mistake, but I am sad you avoided contact with me. I enjoyed how you got to know me. I appreciated the time you put into E-mails, phone calls, and cards. I was grateful at your efforts to understand me and encourage me through every negative emotion. While I only knew you 12% of the time I knew she-who-should-not-be-named, you are a much bigger part of my life. You were up there with <name of my friends>. Even though I am seeing someone else now, I still care deeply about you (with boundaries) because I have had so few people like that in my life.

You wanted a boyfriend bad. I wanted you when I left <city I moved away from>. I saw you were new to relationships and felt you deserved better than a 600 mile relationship. I wasn't going to cheat you out of that. I had to know whether you stood the test of time. Did you love me, or did you love the idea of being in love (as Jacob felt for Leah)? Did you like me or were you just bored, as you mentioned several times? My values would not let me uproot you from <old state> before I knew. You had other relationship weaknesses and so did I. I thought we'd support each other as we developed through them with local people. However, you pushed me in a corner because I knew a relationship in August would have been a wreck, but I didn't want to lose your friendship. I know, I said the opposite cause it was the macho thing to do. But that's what I felt. I was also bothered that I never had a picture of you since I was often lost in your blue eyes when we were together.

I regret I did not invite you last summer. I am not certain why, but I was afraid of leading you on, afraid of breaking your purity by inviting you, and afraid of incompatibilities I saw. I was meeting a lot of people back then and my A/C was broken, so my mind was occupied too.I did not know about last minute discount airfares back then either.

While I knew you'd see other people, I was shocked you cut me off. Over and over and over again you said we'd keep in touch. I wondered if it was a way to "get" me, but you said it was not. In October 2006 you asked for forgiveness. In November 2006 you said we'd stay in contact. I trusted you with my needs of people. I trusted you with my fears. I needed trust because losing people is traumatic to me. When you became apathetic, it hurt. It reminded me of getting kicked out of fraternities, invited to parties that didn't exist, rejected by Christians I thought were friends, and calls to God that were never answered. Maybe you did this to get back at me. If so, I am truly sorry that I hurt you and made you feel alone. I did to you what she-who-should-not-be-named did to me. I wanted your companionship but I wasn't willing to give you relationship. I unintentionally triggered your instinct to help others as a way to avoid losing you. At times I took you for granted. I may not have returned your kindness, especially when you seemed gung ho to get a boyfriend. I talked about other "hot" girls when I should have acknowledged how hot you were since I knew you were conscious about your body. I spent more time talking about what I was doing or trying to change you, than how you were feeling (but wait, you never told me). I communicated poorly in a few ways. I never introduced you to my friends in <old place I lived> or my family. But wait a minute. That's why I wasn't ready to have a relationship. You weren't either. And I started to see incompatibilities and questioned if you'd stick around. I didn't realize I would lose one of my safe people. As you once noted, safe people sometimes do unsafe things.

Perhaps one day, forgiveness may be possible. I have been filled with anger, guilt, betrayal, and condemnation. Every guy friend of mine told me not to write you. Sending this has pushed my limit of Christian love, and not just because it is the neatest stretch of handwriting I've had in 15 years. But I remember from Safe People that the chief message in the Bible is about reconciliation. I regret I ended my friendship with she-who-should-not-be-named because I could not handle the emtion. I pushed her because I thought I had to marry her when I finished my degree. I may send her an apology because of the similarities (reverse roles) with my experience with you. I had to send <my advisor> out because he would not stop lying to me. In Oct 1999, I had it out with a German exchange student. I thought we'd never talk again, but she sent me this E-mail that I direct at you (she's married now and we exchange e-mails every few months):

"Did you already give up on me? It really disappointed me that it seems to be quite easy for you to forget the friendship which connected us.

I know that some things happened, that shouldn't have happened and I am extremely sad that things developed that way. What I really regret is that we didn't took the chance to talk about all that on Sunday before both of us went separate ways. I think it shouldn't have been too difficult for both of us to say that we are sorry for everything that went wrong during that week and in that way we could have forgiven each other.

Maybe you can tell me what made you so mad at me - so that I can understand all that. But I really regret it that you seem to have no problems with forgetting me and our friendship just because of some minor problems, which we could have solved. In my opinion people shouldn't deal with such a wonderful thing like the bond of friendship too carelessly. For my part - I regret the mistakes I made during my stay with you, but I hope that you understand me and the difficult situation I was in, too.

I just wanted to let you know what I feel about all that and if you should be interested in rebuilding our friendship you could let me know what you think about this situation."

Wow, after reading that I am sending an apology to she-who-should-not-be-named.

I want the best for you and am glad you are in a relationship that provides for your needs. I hope you you're together for the right reasons and not because you feel alone, you feel you have to get married, or as a rebound to me. Through you, I realized what a sinner I've been and identified my relationship weaknesses (ie, fear of sharing positive feelings). Through <name of current girlfriend> whom I was introduced through eHarmony, I've corrected the mistakes I made with you. I'm feeling the unconditional love that does not have strings, and forgiveness. Through her, I've found a source of healing, my best friend, and someone who completes me. Having watched her in crisis, attend to her friends in crisis, set boundaries, and in conflict with me, I am confident I can be with her through good times and bad.

I am sad I lost what I thought was a safe person, but certain a relationship in August would have been worse. I value you and that's why I have attempted to reconcile. I welcome contact from you whenever it comes --- I will leave that ball in your court. Whether it's 5 days from now or 5 years from now, and whether its anger, appreciation, apologies, or advice, I will always be glad to regain contact. But if not, feel free to enjoy your life.

Regardless of whether you and I ever speak again, I hope you joyously celebrate your graduation. It is an incredibly big deal, even if it isn't as wild as <her undergrad school>. I also wish you a happy birthday next month, a passionate career that lets you make a difference, and the best in your future relationships and family.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

May 12, 2007, 04:18 AM
    dear x now I see what a scumbag you really are matter of fact every time I see my douche nozzle thoughts of u come to mind. You never even squeezed a tear out. You're a hearltess son of a b you and your family use people you have no thanks for all I did you were never there for me and I hope someday your in pain (as usual it will come again) and your dying to have ME by your side and u start to thinkof ALL I DID every time u needed me which was all the 8 years. Yet u neve did a damn thing for me. My tears are turning to hatred cause now away from u I see you really are what you call yourself a snake lowest form of creature on earth. AND if your being a pig well get warts on your penis or testes or crabs see I'm still nice didn't wish you nothing terrible. But I know when a man has any prob w his penis he freaks out; lol hahhahah matter of fact hope your impotent. LOSER your like a B day cake I always told you that EVERYONE had a piece you whore/ THANK GOD I didn't get nothing from you and I HATED seeing all the neighbors and everyone in Town every day knowing you banged all of them. Your not special everyone had you. J/O

May 12, 2007, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123
    Dear Ex,

I guess the hurt is fading away and the hatred I have inside for you ripping my heart out again is also fading. I don't hate you, in fact I will probally always love you and your son till the day I die. I know I can never be friends with you, the fact that you will be in somebody elses arms one day sends chills down my spine. And I do get jealous when I do think about that stuff. I know i can't blame you for the way you are. I just wish I seen you for the real you a long time ago. Maybe if I did I would be married by now with someone else. I can't say it was a total wasted 5 years. We did have some great times together I wont ever forget. I know one day you will want some closure but you will never get that from me. I know thiers alot of things that I would like to have answers on but it doesn't mater anymore. I have let go of you now and moving on. Well I wish you the best and hope you find what ever you are looking for.

Your Ex,

P.S. I still hope you get preganet and get fat and he leaves you because he was just using you for sex. That would make me HAPPY!
    WISH TRIPLETS ON THE BEOTCH
    izkylee Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

May 12, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Dear Ex,

I really don't know why you left me, you said you had a change of feelings but that really doesn't make sense to me =[. We had a wonderful relationship, I treated you so well. I bought you what you wanted and everything I tried to be a perfect boyfriend , you told me you loved me so much and that you would never leave me, why would you break a promise like that? I truly do love you so much, I don't go a day without thinking of you and remembering everything we been through to our first kiss together in the park. But it's OK
    I don't hurt as much anymore. And why would u like ____ he's probably one of the worst boyfriends ever.. I don't knowwww this pain feels like its never going to leave . I hope u live a wonderful life cause all I ever wanted was to make u happy.

Love
    Kyle

May 14, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Dear Ex,

I just want to say happy mothers day too you and your mom.

Forever Yours,
    Sdjosh Posts: 215, Reputation: 41

May 16, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    It does suck that there is no dress rehearsal in life but at least its fair in that this is true for everyone. I can still remember the day I finally acknowledge (to myself) that I am powerless over others -- it changed instantly a lot of how I operated. And even more enlightening (again, for me) was how later on I realised just how powerless everyone else was over me BWAAH HA HA HA (LOL) and that changed me some more. We are for the most part powerless over each other - the best, if we even get this, is to influence only. That is something to consider and again its arranged fairly too, how nice! You MIGHT influence me, and I MIGHT influence you. But in my case it took professional help for me to get that I am not powerless over myself, nor is anyone else unless they choose to be. That was really a life altering awareness.

The best we can do is wake up, and live a life with eyes open, minds alert and hearts as loving as possible-- to ourselves first and foremost and then to each other. Lose the pollyanna mindset of childhood and see the world and its inhabitants as they are -- both good and bad. It is your job to take care of you -- that is your mandate as an adult. No priviledges for us without the corresponding responsibilites. The only real victims on my list are kids, animals and the infirmed-- they do not have the same resources as we do, on many levels.

So, when you see someone who looks like bad news, just quietly duck across the street. Don't be so quick to believe people. Some of us are very decieved and decieving both. But don't take on being jaded either, for that is just as bad. Instead cultivate (along with this realistic discernment about the world) a positive overall outlook because the best is yet to come. Notice the word "overall" and don't put the burden of your happiness on any one person -- its too big of a load for any mortal. And the good stuff that does arrive, be mindful that may not take the size, color, or form you imagined but it does indeed get better and better in the long run -- at least so far it has with me. That is the truth as clearly as I can put it.
    By chance I have found this website today and have been reading posts for a little while. I ran across this and I had to say that what VAL says is so true of life. I forget it from time to time and it kills me to learn the same lessons all over again.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 16, 2007, 12:25 PM
    I would thank him for our son... that is all I would have to say to him.
    ThePUreBLooDEd2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Dear Ex,

I only went out with you because you were hot.
    Burn in hell.
    The stain won't come out of your shirt.
    kazzz Posts: 111, Reputation: 6

May 28, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Dear my huny
    I love you ever so much. I can't understand why you had to do what you did, I am heart broken,I willl never get over you, why did you have to take your life the way you did, if you wanted to go,there were less dramatic ways of doing it, I miss u, I hope and pray that one day soon you will give me some sort of sign that you are really sorry,u do love me,and that your happy, I only ever wanted you to be happy.
    God bless you my sweetness
    Forever in my heart
    Always your
    Mwaa
    stefani1 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

May 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
    To my ex:
    I think you lost the best thing that ever happened to you!! Lol. Grow up.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Dear ex,

Its nice to hear that you are happy again. I hope you have found what you went looking for and your new love makes you feel as good as you did me.

Skell
    xiaocake Posts: 56, Reputation: 5

May 29, 2007, 02:48 AM
    Dear ex,
    I am sorry I will pretend to dislike you on the following days because I think it will be good for both of us.
    I still love you. But I believe that a beginning and an ending in the relationship are destined to happen. If our names are written on the star, we would be happy when we are together. I also believe you would be a good boyfriend and husband to another girl after me in the future.
    I have seen your letter today. You said you tried to help a girl in England who wanted to leave the larger society. I knew you also hoped that I was not like her. However, you should realize this is a complicated society. You don't have to hope to change anyone. We all will be more mature someday. That someone didn't want to be sociable or talkative doesn't mean that she hates life. She has her own life style which might be better for both her and others.
    I love you. I am sorry. I believe that later you would think our breaking-up is the best choice for you.

xiaocake

May 30, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Dear Ex,

I read your profile again on match.com and from the looks of things the way you keep changing your profile it looks to me like your getting desperate. From some one who would never date a guy who didn't make over $75000.00 a year and didn't have a great job like me, it looks like your going to settle for anyone. I was shocked when you added you would date someone who only had a high school degree and would date any income level. Umm, looks to me like the grass is not greener on your side again. I just hope one day you realize that I did treat you like a damn queen. Like I feel you are now when you drive past my house on purpose. I still miss and love you and your son very much and I still can't believe you did this again. I just hope you hurt and regret every day for the rest of your life how GOOD you had it with me PRINCESS.

P.S. I see you for who you are and I'm moving on with my MONEY, and will see how far you get on just your income. You could have have it all with me baby.

Your ex

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend 'ex' had their child [ 6 Answers ]

The baby was born 3weeks ago now , and everything seemed great at first the way my boyfriend was acting about the whole situation actually made us closer.. He was at the birth of their child , and see the child everyday up at the mothers house.. That's the only issue I have. Is it wrong? I...

Open letter to ALL members of the forum [ 2 Answers ]

This is just an open letter to all relationship forum members. I and Im sure many others just wanted to thank you for the support and great advice I/they have gotten. It's strange to think how much people you have never even met care about you, but it seems to be a common theme on these forums....

Separated, but 'ex' is not legal citizen, how do I file? [ 2 Answers ]

I got married in Aug 2007 under false pretenses and am currently separated from him (although in North Carolina, I believe 'separation' is just one year of not living together, and after that year we file for divorce.) as of mid-september 2007. I never changed any of my documents (social...

An open letter to defense lawyers [ 35 Answers ]

**Author's note: The following is a piece I wrote for another place and purpose altogether; however, given the question concerning war and PC-ness, I thought I would post it here. I have not altered it, but have starred out enough letters to mute the profanity somewhat. I know such language is...

View more questions Search