Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2024, 04:35 AM
    I have a pocket full of monopoly bucks ;but can't find enough ways to spend them
    That appears to be a problem going into our election season of discontent. Turns out that the administration can't find enough "infrastructure" (aka Green new steal) projects before the November elections to spend all those $$$ bucks Congress approved.

According to a POLITICO analysis of public data, only a small portion of that money has been spent.
    $125 billion has gone out the door under Biden's infrastructure and pandemic relief laws.
    Biden’s biggest challenge: How do you even spend $1.6 trillion? (politico.com)

Of $1.1 trillion ,less than 17% of the funds have been spent.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2024, 05:12 AM
    Not that they aren't looking for wasteful projects . So let's say an elite in San Jose wanted to commute to their jobs in Silicone Valley ;so they don't have to drive their taxpayer subsidized EVs on crowded California highways .
    What they need is a redundant 6 mile subway route . But to build such a project will cost $12.75 billion

Not to worry. The Federal Transit Authority has an idea. Let the US tax payer foot the bill.

VTA is expected to finalize an agreement with the feds for more money later this year through the FTA’s New Starts Funding Program and will submit a formal request this summer for an additional $5.5 billion. That money is expected to cover roughly half the cost
    San Jose BART extension to receive $500 million in upcoming federal budget (mercurynews.com)

This is in addition to the $3.1 billion for its bullet train to no where that California got from the Feds at the end of last year.

Costa Secures $3.1 Billion for High-Speed Rail, Including Fresno Station | Congressman Jim Costa (house.gov)

.....and another $3 billion for a bullet train from Las Vegas to Rancho Cucamonga (population: 176,336).

Rancho Cucamonga to Vegas high-speed rail receives $3 billion in federal funds - CBS Los Angeles (cbsnews.com)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 14, 2024, 05:56 AM
    Translation goes something like this. "Thank you for your utterly dependable democrat votes. Keep it up, and there will be more on top of this."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much monopoly $$ should US spend for Ukraine ? [ 29 Answers ]

2/26 $350 million in military aid for Ukraine 3/16 $800 million in military aid for Ukraine 3/30 $500 million in aid from U.S. 4/12 $750 million more in weapons for Ukraine 5/6 Clueless announces new $150 million in weapons over $2.5 billion drawn down from the $13.6 billion approved in...

Find the title of this old scary movie and Ill give you ten bucks! Serious! [ 4 Answers ]

There's another movie I need help finding the title for and this one is even more important. I want to do something nice for my best friend on his birthday by finding out the name of this movie for him. He's done a lot of research and still has no clue what it's called. He said he saw this when...

Useful ways to spend my spare time [ 15 Answers ]

Hi all, Having just completed a post graduate qualification I've unexpectedly found myself without a job and with unlimited free time. However it seems my time management and imagination aren't as great as I expected as I've been having trouble finding worthwhile things to fill my free time. ...

Six Ways To Spend A Raise? [ 3 Answers ]

A hopeless optimist friend of mine have pointed out these best ways to spend a raise: 1. Pay off high-interest debt. 2. Build an emergency fund. 3. Add to your retirement savings. 4. Contribute to a flexible-spending account. 5. Add the extra money to your mortgage payments. 6. Use the...

View more questions Search