Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catgirl101 Posts: 71, Reputation: 2
    -

Feb 5, 2013, 05:55 AM
    Why does 3 year old scream when she's asleep?
    A couple weeks ago my little sister Talia was screaming "You're hurting me!" when my parents were doing nothing. Then she was holding her pants like she had to go to the bathroom. I can assure you she was asleep but why is she screaming when we're doing nothing?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2013, 05:56 AM
    Could be a night terror. Research that and talk to your pediatrician or family doctor.
    catgirl101 Posts: 71, Reputation: 2
    -

Feb 5, 2013, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Could be a night terror. Research that and talk to your pediatrician or family doctor.
    We did look it up and we went to the doctor but she still continued.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2013, 06:19 AM
    Night terrors can't be forced to stop, they run their course as the child ages.
    JARIXA Posts: 95, Reputation: 3

Feb 7, 2013, 11:47 AM
    She's having a night terror, a common childhood phenomenon. Not to worry. Although night terrors can be a sign of something more serious, they're typically harmless.
    JARIXA Posts: 95, Reputation: 3

Feb 7, 2013, 11:52 AM
    There's no treatment for night terrors, but you can help prevent them. Try to:
    •reduce your child's stress
    •establish and stick to a bedtime routine that's simple and relaxing
    •make sure your child gets enough rest
    •prevent your child from becoming overtired by staying up too late

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My 2 year old son vomits when he is just on the brink of falling asleep. [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two or three months my two year old vomits right before falling asleep.We have tried to adjust his bedtime diet and eating routine . When he has an empty stomach he dry heaves. The doctor told us to take him off the bottle. This did not work. He also has a fear of strangers which makes...

I want to scream! [ 17 Answers ]

Last night I didn't get ay sleep instead my husband says he wants a divorce. In the middle of wal-mart and then to come his parents had told him several of times to leave me and as well as his so called best friend. We were up all night fusing about everything. He was told that I was ing around and...

Why dose he scream [ 1 Answers ]

I am 1 of 4 children, 2 girls and 2 boys. I'm 18 , 2nd a boy is 10, 3rd is a girl 9 and lase is a little boy and he is 3 almost 4, my problem is the youngest is always screaming for something he wants or from something the other 2 have done, we have tried everything to get him to stop but we cant....

Let's scream racism! [ 10 Answers ]

Everyone is in a hurry to scream "racism" these days. A man asks: "In what aisle could I find the Polish sausage?" The clerk looks at him and says, "Are you Polish?" The guy (clearly offended) says, "Well, yes I am. But let me ask you something. If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask...

My Scream/Falsetto are Gone! [ 3 Answers ]

If anyone out there screams (musically), then could you please give me some help? I had about a one-hour jam session where I screamed a bunch. I was recovering from a cold that day. Later that night, my voice was low and cracked a bunch. I figured it would be gone by morning. Now, almost a...

View more questions Search