Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anna1111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 06:41 AM
    I just left my partner
    I have just left my partner and took our year old daughter after finding out he'd cheated on me for the entirety of our relationship. We discussed it I decided to give him another chance but then found I couldn't trust him at all. He didn't make it easy when he told silly lies about small things.

I've moved into my mums with her husband who cannot stand me, despite what she says he cannot bear to be in the same room as me. He regularly ignores me but if I don't say Hello to receive the obligatory grunt my mum has a go at me. This morning was one of those mornings it culminated in being told that I treat myself like crap and whatever is happening to me is my fault. Not a lie but really not that sympathetic.

At work, I am ignored. I get little digs about my character from all including my boss nothing I can prove as it isn't just what they say but how they look at me when saying it.

I am at my wits end I want to get away from all of this and find some way to support myself and my daughter. Any advice?
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2012, 04:18 AM
    What are you doing to change things? Are you looking for a better job? Is there any other relatives that you can stay with?

There's plenty of things you can do to get back on your own two feet but you have to have a plan, keep your head up high and take it day by day. It's easier said than done, but it's up to you how hard it really is.

Best of luck!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 1, 2012, 05:38 AM
    At home: work out a concrete plan for the future in some new place, and make it clear. That will gain more respect and less resentment. How about getting a 3 bedroom apartment (flat) with another single mom? The kids could share a room, and you would share not only expenses but also child care.
    At work: 'being ignored' is cured by being nice to people, even if they have already formed opinions of you. Little compliments, little questions about how they are or their kids or their commute or their job... in other words, if you show interest in others, you are automatically likable.
    'Treat yourself like crap' - that is something you can work on too. But it's more subtle, and has to do with everything about you. Being defeatist. Expecting to be cheated on because you aren't good enough. Maybe you had a dad who walked out on mom? It isn't easy to change our entire character. Good luck though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My partner left me for someone else and now the new lover has left her? [ 9 Answers ]

My partner of 2 and a half years left me 2 months ago for someone else, now this person has told my partner she is not ready for anything serious and I think my partner wants me back. I am still in love but, what should I do?

My Partner left me due to depression. Should I fight for him? [ 9 Answers ]

After a few months of getting to know each other better, my (now ex) boyfriend and I started our relationship. Everything was fantastic. People said they had never seen him happier, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face when we where together. He had been single for a long time before we got...

View more questions Search