Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taff1985 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 06:19 AM
    My partner up and left and took my daughter
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 06:25 AM

So are you the mother? Whichever, it is a Federal offence. It is kidnapping, so what are you doing about it ?

Nov 14, 2010, 06:29 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Im the father we had argument and she was meant to meet me later that day got a text saying on way at 11am on Tuesday gone and she never showed since than I tracked her down to 61 miles away held my daughter and kissed her etc

Nov 14, 2010, 06:30 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Assured my ex I wld do asshe asked as and when walked away that day I found them which broke my heart and still and heard from her since do I have shared parental rights
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 06:31 AM

Who is listed on the birth certificate,
    Is there a legal custody agreement though the courts, if so , who has custody and what are the visitation rights of the others.

There is not even enough info to see if there is even a legal issue

** you say, shared parent rights, is that though the court,

If so who is suppose to have child at what time, if she took the child at the time you were suppose to have the child, you will need to take her to court for contempt, even ask perhaps that the shared agreement be changed
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 06:35 AM

She has left you, your are the biological father, correct? And the two of you have just split up? Of course you have parental rights if you are the bio father. Now something has to be accomplished; either get back together or separate which will mean hiring attorneys. Either way, you two have to get together long enough to sit down and discuss this or everything will be in shambles in no time at all.

Tick
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 06:41 AM

[B]taff1985 does not find this helpful : need more information [/B

How can you say this wasn't helpful when you didn't give enough information to help you in the first place !

Please don't use the comments feature. Use 'quick reply'.

Tick

Nov 14, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I'm on the birth certificate we split tues9th ant heard from her she took her from a stable home I've gave her what she wants if goes to court will I get shared custody like 4 days one week and 3 the other thanks
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 07:27 AM

Hi taff, if you go to court, and you ask for vistation, and you are the bio father, I see no reason why you would not be awarded what you want. I don't know the circumstances of your split and it is not important for you to explain it here.

If you want four days on and 3 days the other, that is like having your daughter all the time and that isn't equal with the mother. All of those details will be sorted if and when you go to court. I wish you all the best; I know you must be hurting at not seeing your daughter.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2010, 07:56 AM

Comments on this post
    taff1985 does not find this helpful : need more information

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Of course you need more information, but how do you expect to get it when you give us no information with which to formulate an answer. You owe tickle an apology for giving a negative rating.

Again, please don't use the Comments for followups, use the Answer options at the bottom instead.

Ok, so you are the legal father. Had you been living together or did you just break up? How did you find where they were? Did she try to hide from you?

The bottom line is you need to go to court. You need to get Joint LEGAL custody affirmed (you should have it by default as the legal father unless there is another court order saying different). You need to get a Visitation schedule established. This all has to be done by a court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Partner left me due to depression. Should I fight for him? [ 9 Answers ]

After a few months of getting to know each other better, my (now ex) boyfriend and I started our relationship. Everything was fantastic. People said they had never seen him happier, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face when we where together. He had been single for a long time before we got...

Partner of 4 1/2 years has cheated on me & left me for the person. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My partner of 4 1/2 years has cheated on me and left me for the person she cheated on me with. I am so confused and hurt that it is tearing me apart. I don't know what to do. I feel numb, betrayed, very hurt and unwanted. It all happened in a space of about 4 months. 5 months ago my...

8 Year Partner left me, then decided she wanted me back after I found someone else [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Hoping I can get some clarity for my confusion here, as quite honeslty, I am going round in circles. The history... I met and fell in love with the girl of my dreams about 8 years ago. The relationship was great for about 4 years, and then I started to suspect things were wrong. Now I...

View more questions Search