Ask
    eddydawson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
    Surface nonmetallic raceway
    Can sch 80 pvc be used under 600 volts between conductors
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Why not use UL approved NMT. As cheap as PVC.
    eddydawson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
    It is on a solar project and the have is already installed and inspector turned down, as 2005 code say 300 volts or less I found ul 5 listing that states 600 volts or less using pvc.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
    Ask him why he turned it down? What are you running in the conduit? Possibly because PVC is ASTM but not UL approved and is not permitted for direct solar load. NMT is basically the same material but is UL approved and can be sunlight resistant.
    mike 165278 Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Oct 17, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Are you running AC or DC through it? And do you know what brand pipe it is? Where are you? And why is the AHJ quoting code from 2005?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there anywhere in the NEC that allows flexible cord to be installed in a raceway? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anywhere in the NEC that allows flexible cord to be installed in a raceway?

Bonding bushings and ground wire raceway [ 7 Answers ]

1. From the meter base, I have a 3" long galvanized nipple (2" wide in diameter) leading to and external main disconnect. The nipple carries 3 2/0 copper wires (2 hots and one neutral) to the disconnect. From the disconnect, I have 2" diameter galvanized conduit running into the house to the...

A nonmetallic object travels past a stationary bar magnet. [ 1 Answers ]

A nonmetallic object travels at constant velocity past a stationary bar magnet. The object does not experience a magnetic force. How is this possible?

View more questions Search