Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hennali Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

Sep 7, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Things can move quickly here, I get that.

I wasn't upset with you. I was upset with that poster. I did do my best, and you either didn't see my posts, or didn't reply to them. No worries. The written word sucks as a form of communication.

I'm glad that you're working with him, and my offer still stands. If you want help, I'm willing to give it. I'm just a post away. I may have questions, and those questions are never because I'm a nosy person, it's because I need those answers to help you and the dog. I may not give a solution right away, not until I know what I need to know, but if you work with me, and promise to work with your dog, I'll work with you. That's my promise to you. :)

Now, let's get to a brighter note. Can we see a picture of this fur baby? If you go to the dog forum page there's a sticky (a permanent thread) on how to post pictures. If you're don't want to, that's fine. If you do and can't figure it out, post and tell me, and I'll post a link. :)
    Will do! I have moved all photos off my device so I will get on that tomorrow... my fiancé is a little annoyed because I'm on my iPad again tonight lol! Thank you! I will take any advice! Except re homing him;)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hennali View Post
    Thank you for the advice. I did crate train him but thought he didn't need it bc he never has accidents. I believe he was stressed bc it was within an hour of eachother and his bowels just started going. I will take your advice and put it back up though that may be a contributing factor to his stress:)
    I have to say, despite my reaction to this poster, I do agree with crating. Your dog is now older, so re-training to use the crate will be harder, but crate training is the best thing.

Think of crate training, and crating, this way. In the wild dogs live in dens. A den is a safe place, a place to hide, a place to sleep, eat, and feel safe. To a domesticated dog a crate is like a den. Just because your dog is a pet doesn't mean he doesn't still have wild instincts.

Puppies usually cry when crated not because of the crate, but because they've lost their litter mates, their mom. It's a hard adjustment. Most pet owners give up because puppy is crying, and they think that means puppy hates the crate. That's not the case.

In the wild mommy teaches the babies never to pee in the den. From the first days of their lives they go outside of the den to pee. Of course their den doesn't have a door, so they can choose to leave and pee when they need to. Fact is most dogs (except shelter dogs, and puppymill dogs) won't ever pee or poo in their crate unless they really can't hold it.

The rule for crating (during the day) is one hour/month of age. In other words, a 2 month old puppy should spend no more than 2 hours in the crate during the day without being relieved. That doesn't mean that you can leave a 2 year old dog in the crate for an entire day (being facetious here), but a puppy will need to be relieved, as an older dog (over 2 years of age) can spend a work day in the crate with no accidents (unless there's a medical condition, or other issues).

Boy oh boy, don't get me started, I'll write you a book. :(
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Will do! I have moved all photos off my device so I will get on that tomorrow...my fiancé is a little annoyed because I'm on my iPad again tonight lol! Thank you! I will take any advice! Except re homing him;)
    I'm glad.

I only suggested re-homing for your sake, and the dogs, because at first I felt you really didn't want the dog.

Like I said, the written word sucks. Sadly that's what we have to work with on this site, and many times we see something, read it, and that's all we can remember, that's all we care about. It can change the way we handle a question. Remember, we're all human, and we volunteer here. We answer questions on the dog forum because we love dogs. When someone says they're not fond of their dog, we go on defense mode. You'll understand when you've been here a while, when you've read some of the questions we get.

You stuck it out, you stayed around, and you're listening. That means a lot more to me than a poor choice of words in your original question. :)
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Did I not say this was stress induced... Geez... Guess all my advise gets ignored... :-/
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 06:43 PM
    I wondered where/how OP found a trainer? I interviewed a number in my area before I found one who was a good fit. One appeared to have trained as a prison guard; another kept referring to "my babies" (I love them, but at the end of the day they are dogs).

Keep in mind, of course, that Andi and my late husband were jointly and severally banned from PetSmart (I believe both the classes and the store) for life. I believe I was allowed back in - alone.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Keep in mind, of course, that Andi and my late husband were jointly and severally banned from PetSmart (I believe both the classes and the store) for life. I believe I was allowed back in - alone.
    That is incredibly funny!

This is a dog that is stressed due to not being able to go outside for "dog" time and an owner that is probably micromanaging him.

I see this all the time.. the dog is neurotic and naughty. The owner is in denial that they are the reason the dog is crazy.

The dog is stressed because the owner created that environment. It is rare that a dog is stressed for no reason.

This is a high energy breed that needs to run.. A LOT! This breed, among others, rare will sit and twiddle their thumbs while you play mommy to 5 kids. He needs a schedule and he needs a strict schedule.

But this post will probably get ignored again haha..

Sep 7, 2012, 07:28 PM
    I have to say, despite my reaction to this poster, I do agree with crating. Your dog is now older, so re-training to use the crate will be harder, but crate training is the best thing.

Think of crate training, and crating, this way. In the wild dogs live in dens. A den is a safe place, a place to hide, a place to sleep, eat, and feel safe. To a domesticated dog a crate is like a den. Just because your dog is a pet doesn't mean he doesn't still have wild instincts.

Puppies usually cry when crated not because of the crate, but because they've lost their litter mates, their mom. It's a hard adjustment. Most pet owners give up because puppy is crying, and they think that means puppy hates the crate. That's not the case.

In the wild mommy teaches the babies never to pee in the den. From the first days of their lives they go outside of the den to pee. Of course their den doesn't have a door, so they can choose to leave and pee when they need to. Fact is most dogs (except shelter dogs, and puppymill dogs) won't ever pee or poo in their crate unless they really can't hold it.

The rule for crating (during the day) is one hour/month of age. In other words, a 2 month old puppy should spend no more than 2 hours in the crate during the day without being relieved. That doesn't mean that you can leave a 2 year old dog in the crate for an entire day (being facetious here), but a puppy will need to be relieved, as an older dog (over 2 years of age) can spend a work day in the crate with no accidents (unless there's a medical condition, or other issues).

Boy oh boy, don't get me started, I'll write you a book. :(
    I'm hoping he will adjust I know dogs are more adaptable then humans are. I just took it down because I didn't want it to be available for anyone to put him in there when they're stressed out. The other dog doesn't have a crate and he would be in there during dinner while they let their dog lay in the kitchen. I felt sorry for him so since he has been doing OK while we are away (not chewing anything up and no accidents) I took it down to give the dogs the same treatment. I'm hoping he will adapt rather smoothly especially since it hasn't been very long since I took it down.
    Also, since I have so many experts here do any of you suggest supplements? I am into holistic medicine and always prefer nutrition over drugs. I know boxers tent to have joint problems. I got him some fish oil because that will help with his joints and brain. I also considered getting glucosamine chroindroitin and an msm formula. Has any of you used supplements for your animals?

Sep 7, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    That is incredibly funny!

This is a dog that is stressed due to not being able to go outside for "dog" time and an owner that is probably micromanaging him.

I see this all the time.. the dog is neurotic and naughty. The owner is in denial that they are the reason the dog is crazy.

The dog is stressed because the owner created that environment. It is rare that a dog is stressed for no reason.

This is a high energy breed that needs to run.. A LOT! This breed, among others, rare will sit and twiddle their thumbs while you play mommy to 5 kids. He needs a schedule and he needs a strict schedule.

But this post will probably get ignored again haha..
    I am sorry I have been responding the best I can. Have you seen the number of post? I also stated I thought it was anxiety related if you did not read that early on. He gets a run four times a week with me and a walk twice a day and out in between. He also goes out to my finances parents once or twice a week to run.. I do believe as I've already stated a dozen times he needs a fence so he can exercise more. I do what I can and probably more than most. He also plays all day with my sisters dog. I am not "playing mommy" to five kids! I am a mom of two young kids and am a very active mom. My sister and her family are struggling for the moment so I welcomed them into my home. I disagree with the twiddling of the thumbs (he doesn't have thumbs) but he does rest when we rest. I have also stated he is usually a very loving and playful dog and gets tons of attention from my "five kids.". I ALSO stated his routine has recently been messed up due to all the new changes. I also have a dislocated jaw and have been under stress. I agree it is anxiety and probably because of his schedule change and my stress and the new dog. Dogs worlds aren't always perfect but I know they are adaptable and only got on here at a very weak moment for some advice. I don't think it's nice to jump in a make snotty remarks. I'm trying I just thanked everyone on here for their help. I'm a so sorry I missed your posts but I probably shouldn't even respond because I'm not here to fight I am actually here because I care about my dog.

Sep 7, 2012, 07:50 PM
    I don't want to argue about this any more. A dog who "pees and poops" in the house on a regular basis is not potty trained.

He tries to get in between you and your fiance and he lays in bed on TOP of you - he's running your household. And, yes, I'm the "person" who said that.

Doing tricks and being a dog you can stand to live with are two very different things.

And as far as "I am thankful for all the responses I got. I appreciate it. I just wish some of you would not just jump to conclusion from one thing I said" this is very much like telling a fat girl she doesn't sweat much (for a fat girl).

A simple "thanks" would have sufficed.
    I never said he did on a regular basis I said he is potty trained and has been acting out. Out of character because he is potty trained. I am not going to argue this. I did find a trainer who I consulted with and went to see the vet today. He goes everyday all day out of cage in house without having an accident. He goes all night every night with me in my bed or his next to my bed without an accident. This started when my sister moved in, brought a dog in, and my jaw got dislocated, and my fiancé started a new job with long hours, and his routine ( which both vet and trainer agree is most likely his problem) added stress. They said my stress also makes him stressed. I told them both about the alpha thing and the trainer had me do a couple things standing over him and making him ay down and then saying basically down on ground on top and he flipped over. He also had me do a couple other activities with him and it went extremely well. It was just me and him and trainer though no kids running or dogs. He said he doesn't think it's an alpha issue because he clearly submits to me. He gave me some pointers and told me I could come work there with him but if anything I need work calming down because he is a good dog. So, I'm taking the advice of someone who saw me with him today. I was told not to holler at him and use a stern voice instead. I am thankful for your opinions and advice but I think we're going to be fine. Like I've stated before I will work on myself and will continue to work with him. Sorry I don't agree with everything you have posted. I did show this post to both vet and trainer today because I wanted to see what they thought. They think I just ticked a lot of dog lovers off with my opening statement and they can't really help you without seeing you with your dog and not to take it to heart.

Sep 7, 2012, 07:54 PM
    I'm glad.

I only suggested re-homing for your sake, and the dogs, because at first I felt you really didn't want the dog.

Like I said, the written word sucks. Sadly that's what we have to work with on this site, and many times we see something, read it, and that's all we can remember, that's all we care about. It can change the way we handle a question. Remember, we're all human, and we volunteer here. We answer questions on the dog forum because we love dogs. When someone says they're not fond of their dog, we go on defense mode. You'll understand when you've been here a while, when you've read some of the questions we get.

You stuck it out, you stayed around, and you're listening. That means a lot more to me than a poor choice of words in your original question. :)
    I wear my heart on my sleeve what can I say. I say what I feel at that very moment. I was on the defensive side too. I agree with the main advice given by everyone which I think if I'm correct is I need to change how I am doing things... I am going to try to get back on routine my kids are on a routine too. It has been a lot of changes in a little amount of time and it has affected the whole household.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 08:13 PM
    I'd also rehome the fiance
    How much would a fee for something like that be...

Sep 7, 2012, 08:13 PM
    [QUOTE=Hennali;3263087]I never said he did on a regular basis I said he is potty trained and has been acting out. Out of character because he is potty trained. I am not going to argue this. I did find a trainer who I consulted with and went to see the vet today. He goes everyday all day out of cage in house without having an accident. He goes all night every night with me in my bed or his next to my bed without an accident. This started when my sister moved in, brought a dog in, and my jaw got dislocated, and my fiancé started a new job with long hours, and his routine ( which both vet and trainer agree is most likely his problem) added stress. They said my stress also makes him stressed. I told them both about the alpha thing and the trainer had me do a couple things standing over him and making him ay down and then saying basically down on ground on top and he flipped over. He also had me do a couple other activities with him and it went extremely well. It was just me and him and trainer though no kids running or dogs. He said he doesn't think it's an alpha issue because he clearly submits to me. He gave me some pointers and told me I could come work there with him but if anything I need work calming down because he is a good dog. So, I'm taking the advice of someone who saw me with him today. I was told not to holler at him and use a stern voice instead. I am thankful for your opinions and advice but I think we're going to be fine. Like I've stated before I will work on myself and will continue to work with him. Sorry I don't agree with everything you have posted. I did show this post to both vet and trainer today because I wanted to see what they thought. They think I just ticked a lot of dog lovers off with my opening statement and they can't really help you without seeing you with your dog and not to take it to heart.[/QUOTE

I did not mean to imply I have not been helped hear because I believe I have. I only meant My vet believes my opening post really made people upset and that it looked like to him that people just automatically assumed I don't deserve my dog. Everything at has been said here I Have and will take into consideration and many I will use. Some I think agreeing to disagree is the best solution because we are going in circles and you haven't seen me with my dog and I think that is important before deciding my dog is running my household. He lays on me because he loves me when I say move he moves when I say off he gets off the bed. He listens. He has had some recent out of his character issues and I didn't understand it. But he is potty trained. This is a stress issue IMO. You know humans bowels sometimes go nuts when they are stressed. Some doctors think iBS and many other GI issues are because of stress. I think a dog could have this issue as well. Maybe I'm wrong but I know he is potty trained so I'm sorry I disagree.
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 08:19 PM
    I wear my heart on my sleeve what can I say. I say what I feel at that very moment. I was on the defensive side too. I agree with the main advice given by everyone which I think if I'm correct is I need to change how I am doing things...I am going to try to get back on routine my kids are on a routine too. It has been a lot of changes in a little amount of time and it has affected the whole household.
    Dogs do react to change. Dogs need a schedule, they thrive on things remaining the same. A sudden change can affect them, and their training.

So yes, you do need to change what you're doing with the dog. You also have to stop feeling the hate towards the dog. Not always easy, but it's obvious that you do love the dog, and that means a lot. Love can cure a lot.

If you're willing to put in the time, and suffer through the times that it doesn't work, accept that he won't get it instantly, and accept that he is a dog, not a human, then you'll make it work.

Go back to basics. Potty train all over again, go for walks, praise when he's good, a firm no, and nothing else when he's bad. Lots of affection, and lots of positive reinforcement. If you do that, you'll form a bond that no one can break.

Dogs are pack animals. They love to be with their pack. You are a member of your dogs pack. You can either be the dominant dog, or the outcast. It's really you choice, and it really depends on how much time and effort you're wiling to spend on this.

If you make a mistake, don't dwell on it, just move on. I can promise that your dog isn't dwelling on that mistake, he's just waiting for the here and now. Dogs live in the moment. They forgive very easily, otherwise there would be no way to rehabilitate dogs that are abused.

Today is a new day. Go and meet your dog, and start fresh. I'm sure he's ready and willing to soak up everything you're willing to teach him. :)

Sep 7, 2012, 08:31 PM
    Dogs do react to change. Dogs need a schedule, they thrive on things remaining the same. A sudden change can affect them, and their training.

So yes, you do need to change what you're doing with the dog. You also have to stop feeling the hate towards the dog. Not always easy, but it's obvious that you do love the dog, and that means a lot. Love can cure a lot.

If you're willing to put in the time, and suffer through the times that it doesn't work, accept that he won't get it instantly, and accept that he is a dog, not a human, then you'll make it work.

Go back to basics. Potty train all over again, go for walks, praise when he's good, a firm no, and nothing else when he's bad. Lots of affection, and lots of positive reinforcement. If you do that, you'll form a bond that no one can break.

Dogs are pack animals. They love to be with their pack. You are a member of your dogs pack. You can either be the dominant dog, or the outcast. It's really you choice, and it really depends on how much time and effort you're wiling to spend on this.

If you make a mistake, don't dwell on it, just move on. I can promise that your dog isn't dwelling on that mistake, he's just waiting for the here and now. Dogs live in the moment. They forgive very easily, otherwise there would be no way to rehabilitate dogs that are abused.

Today is a new day. Go and meet your dog, and start fresh. I'm sure he's ready and willing to soak up everything you're willing to teach him. :)
    I really appreciate your help. I will take it. Thank you. I don't know that I will be back because of the post "I should rehome my fiancé". I have come here for advice and have tried to thank everyone and move forward. However, that statement was clearly out of line and impossible to make that conclusion with the few things I have said. I don't think she should be allowed to volunteer here because her words are very hurtful and she just doesn't back down. I attempted to say thank you and end on a good note but she just keeps going. I don't know if she is a volunteer but she is extremely judgmental and over the Internet with no reason for an outrageous remark like that. Thank you Alty!

Sep 7, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    First off, I wasn't quoting YOU, I qouted Judy. I only responded ONE time in this thread. Anger issues? Me? Not at all. I'm not angry about anything....yet....

I can see you are a very emotional woman. Considering you have children, two jobs, and nursing school, perhaps finding a new home for your dog is a better option...
    I wasn't directing this towards you at all. I may wear my heart on my sleeve but that remark by her was very insulting. I am not an overly emotional person I say what's on my mind but I would never tell someone they should rehome their fiancé from an Internet site. That is ridiculous she has no right to judge me and I haven't said enough to give any impression he is a bad guy. I have time at home and as I stated before there are normally people here if it's not me it's someone and a dog. I'm good with the advice I've been given but geesh if you aren't a therapist and haven't even met me don't make a remark like that.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2012, 08:39 PM
    I agree it is anxiety and probably because of his schedule change and my stress and the new dog. Dogs worlds aren't always perfect but I know they are adaptable and only got on here at a very weak moment for some advice.
    It's a proven fact that dogs who are in stable environments with rock steady schedules, are more accepting of change.

You blame everyone for your dog acting out.. He is a horrible beast, yet you defend everything he does.

Bad dogs are bad dogs.. and some dogs need extra attention in a healthy way.

I own sporting dogs.. and a run 4 times a week with bad behaviors appearing is not enough. Many people think that walking a dog is enough. I believe it is healthy for a dog to just run and be free (in an enclosed area, of course).

You're dog obviously cannot handle stress very well.. and teaching him "sit" isn't going to do it.

Have you spoke to your vet about anxiety medicine? You can also give melatonin to help calm him down. 3mg three times a day should work OK. Melatonin has less side effects than the prescription drugs. If melatonin doesn't agree with your dog, it'll just make him sleepy, not aggressive.

If you do not see any changes in your home soon, I would seriously consider re-homing him. He cannot handle the home you have created for him. That is no fault of yours either. Some dogs simply cannot accept change... no matter how hard you try to make transitions easy.

That's another thing you need to accept. This dog is acting out because something is missing in your home. What that is.. no one can tell you. If you cannot figure it out, than he needs a home that can provide to him. That is called a life change and it happens to all of us. Most people own dogs and they are just that, a dog. They are loved and taken care of.. but mental health is very lacking along with socializing. Once your life changes, the dogs cannot handle it.. and they act out like yours is. Is he being mean and doing it on purpose? No! Stop thinking like that.. he is a dog... and he is acting like a dog and dogs act like this when there is something MAJOR missing in the structure of the "pack".

This is not a personal attack on you.. You are probably a great home and I'm sure you are trying your hardest to satisfy him.. but its apparent you cant. Stop taking everything as a personal attack. We respond to what you write.. and one post he is the best dog ever, the next post he is a jerk...

What I would suggest.. is for your to get him out.. Let him be a dog EVERY DAY. Increase his exercise.. He needs to be tired.. Tired dogs are happy, good dogs. Anxiety drops and they are less on edge.

You need to create a stable environment for your dog, and somewhere along the road, that left. Maybe you are going to have to start from ground zero. Maybe this is just a period where you just need to stick it out and deal with him and his annoying behaviors... Maybe he needs to live with someone else.. Maybe he needs medicine to help him out.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 08:39 PM
    I really appreciate your help. I will take it. Thank you. I don't know that I will be back because of the post "I should rehome my fiancé". I have come here for advice and have tried to thank everyone and move forward. However, that statement was clearly out of line and impossible to make that conclusion with the few things I have said. I don't think she should be allowed to volunteer here because her words are very hurtful and she just doesn't back down. I attempted to say thank you and end on a good note but she just keeps going. I don't know if she is a volunteer but she is extremely judgmental and over the Internet with no reason for an outrageous remark like that. Thank you Alty!
    NOBODY said you said those words. You have been antagonistic with Judy from the beginning. I read this whole entire cry baby story, and quite frankly, it is YOU that has an attitude with the members. Judy is a well respected member on this site, and when you post on a Q A site, be prepared for all types of advice.

Sep 7, 2012, 08:40 PM
    Ok I don't know when the statement "I'd also rehome the fiancé" was posted bc I just saw this but that is completely out of line. Who are you to judge? You have done nothing but pick my words apart and I tried to end on a good note but you just can't let it go. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't give you the right to say awful things. You don't know my fiancé he is a great man. He is the best man I have ever met in my entire life. I don't come from an abusive home I know a good man from a bad man. How dare you! I think you have some anger issues and probably are not the best person to be giving advice. I don't see how you can assume from what I have posted that he should be rehomed. Frankly, I shouldn't care but that's my family and I don't take those things lightly. Please stop responding to my post.
    Also, I tried to find the original post I couldn't find it. By stating the statement I was insulted by I figured you would get I wasn't directing that towards you. I will be more specific next time.

Sep 7, 2012, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    Its a proven fact that dogs who are in stable environments with rock steady schedules, are more accepting of change.

You blame everyone for your dog acting out.. He is a horrible beast, yet you defend everything he does.

Bad dogs are bad dogs.. and some dogs need extra attention in a healthy way.

I own sporting dogs.. and a run 4 times a week with bad behaviors appearing is not enough. Many people think that walking a dog is enough. I believe it is healthy for a dog to just run and be free (in an enclosed area, of course).

You're dog obviously cannot handle stress very well.. and teaching him "sit" isnt going to do it.

Have you spoke to your vet about anxiety medicine? You can also give melatonin to help calm him down. 3mg three times a day should work ok. Melatonin has less side effects than the prescription drugs. If melatonin doesnt agree with your dog, it'll just make him sleepy, not aggressive.

If you do not see any changes in your home soon, I would seriously consider re-homing him. He cannot handle the home you have created for him. That is no fault of yours either. Some dogs simply cannot accept change... no matter how hard you try to make transitions easy.

Thats another thing you need to accept. This dog is acting out because something is missing in your home. What that is.. no one can tell you. If you cannot figure it out, than he needs a home that can provide to him. That is called a life change and it happens to all of us. Most people own dogs and they are just that, a dog. They are loved and taken care of.. but mental health is very lacking along with socializing. Once your life changes, the dogs cannot handle it.. and they act out like yours is. Is he being mean and doing it on purpose? No! Stop thinking like that.. he is a dog... and he is acting like a dog and dogs act like this when there is something MAJOR missing in the structure of the "pack".

This is not a personal attack on you.. You are probably a great home and I'm sure you are trying your hardest to satisfy him.. but its apparent you cant. Stop taking everything as a personal attack. We respond to what you write.. and one post he is the best dog ever, the next post he is a jerk...

What I would suggest.. is for your to get him out.. Let him be a dog EVERY DAY. Increase his exercise.. He needs to be tired.. Tired dogs are happy, good dogs. Anxiety drops and they are less on edge.

You need to create a stable environment for your dog, and somewhere along the road, that left. Maybe you are going to have to start from ground zero. Maybe this is just a period of time where you just need to stick it out and deal with him and his annoying behaviors... Maybe he needs to live with someone else.. Maybe he needs medicine to help him out.
    I haven't defended what he has done that's why I'm here. I don't agree with some advice but just like everything else that advice may not be what's right for my dog. Idk if you read everything but I have tried to let it be known his positive characteristics because my main post was negative. He is a happy dog. We had an excellent day. He does run openly and free so there is one day a week maybe two that he doesn't get to run some. Some with me others t my finances land. All breeds are different. Dogs are all different. I will not give him melatonin because it's a hormone and he is too young to be deficient and I don't want to screw his hormones up when they probably work fine. I have homeopathic remedies for him. I will not give him drugs. Nutrition and exercise I think is the key to most issues. I think the changes that have occurred are what has caused stress in the entire household because as I've said it is a newly developed issue that does not happen everyday. Today I spent the day with him all day and with all that attention he is great. He doesn't just "sit" he listens he plays etc... I was defensive because I made a horrible mistake by posting in my first post I can't stand my dog. That has never left the minds of any poster. I knew the minute I received the first response I was in trouble. But no one wanted to look at any thing other than I'm a bad owner and need to re home him. I don't think you can make that decision over one post. As I stated in a few posts ago I took him to a trainer today for a consult and I took him to the vet. Both of them read this post and said my dog is doing great. My vet keeps him while I go on vacation so he knows him. The trainer had me do a few things with him to make surfeit wasn't an alpha thing and it's not. I know I need a fence I do what I can. I think if my original post would have included some nicer words and less negative ones this would have went better. But I tired to make up for it. My dog is where he needs to be. I am here as I've said so many times because I care and I want to fix this newly developed issue.
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 08:55 PM
    Guys, I don't want to start a fight, but can we please get back on track?

Yes, the OP had a rocky start, she wrote a post and worded it badly, to the point were many of us saw red. We all know how ridiculous the written word is.

She was raked over the coals and then some, but came back, listened to the advice, is willing to work with her dog, and eager to learn more. I'm willing to give her more advice. If any of you aren't, that's fine, that's your prerogative, but please, stop putting a stoke in the wheel when there's someone willing to teach the person to ride.

You all know how much you mean to me, but I'm getting mad here. I'm willing to help the OP, but every time I get somewhere someone comes on and posts something about the original post, starts a spat, and everything I'm trying to do gets thrown under the bus.

If you're all upset with the OP that's your right, and I would urge you to either report the posts that made you upset, or PM the OP, but please, can we get back to the dog and how to fix this issue?

Clunk, off my soapbox. Alty is now waiting for the fit to hit the shan. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

6 year old boxers suddenly peeing and pooping in the house? [ 3 Answers ]

We recently moved to a new house and our two boxers, males 6 years old, started peeing and pooping in the house, even though they are let out regularly. They both sleep in kennels at night (always have). Any ideas. Could they be mad that we moved. The yard is somewhat smaller than they are used...

8 month old Boxer peeing in the house [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old Boxer who has peed in the house twice over the last two months. Once was on the couch almost two months ago and the other was on the floor today. My husband feels that putting the dog outside and making her an outside dog is the answer, after hitting her and throwing her...

Why is my 10 year old Yellow Lab peeing/pooping in the house? [ 6 Answers ]

I need help! My 10 year old lab Bella has had 4 accidents this week. We did get a new dog a year ago, and she is house broken. We woke up twice this week and she pooped in the middle of the floor in the living room. We came home once this week and she had peed on the rug in the living room. Then...

My 13 year old cocker spainel won't stop pooping and peeing in the house/ furniture [ 4 Answers ]

My male dog won't stop peeing and pooping I woke up today and he did it again and then when I got home from work he did it again. We let him out constantly when we can... every morning when we wake up.. sometimes when he eats his breakfast we let him out. Before lunch and after and after dinner....

4 year old dog pooping and peeing in house [ 1 Answers ]

We have a four year old husky that we adopted from a rescue sheltre when he was 1 year old and he was already housetrained. We never used to have problems with him since we were always very good about letting us know when he had to go outside. A little while ago when I came home one day I saw that...

View more questions Search