Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oderfoll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 08:32 PM
    6 year old boxers suddenly peeing and pooping in the house?
    We recently moved to a new house and our two boxers, males 6 years old, started peeing and pooping in the house, even though they are let out regularly. They both sleep in kennels at night (always have). Any ideas. Could they be mad that we moved. The yard is somewhat smaller than they are used to.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2011, 09:09 PM

I know from my cats that animals HATE change of any kind. I'm guessing that's the problem for you and your boxers -- new house, new yard, new smells, everything is weird. You're going to have to go back to square one with training.

Dog experts will be along soon and will give you some good advice. Please be patient.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 26, 2011, 09:17 PM

Wondergirl is dead on accurate.

Like humans, dogs don't like change. It can be stressful. New smells, new rooms, new sites, it can cause them to forget their training.

You'll have to start back to basics in potty training. Lots of praise when they go outside, a firm no, and taking them immediately outside when they have an accident.

Since they were potty trained already, this shouldn't be too difficult. Just remember to be very positive, lots of praise when they do what's expected.

Give them plenty of opportunities to potty outside, and make sure to clean up any potty accidents very well.
    comfortdog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 04:12 PM
    It's possible they smell another dog if there was one living there before. Also could be that they are stressed out from the move, some dogs take a long time to get used to their new surroundings. Hang in there and also think of getting a trainer to go to your home if all else fails.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cockerspaniel suddenly peeing and pooping in the house [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old cocker spaniel and he is a well behaved trained house dog he suddenly has been peeing and pooping all over the house, I take him out and as soon as we let him back in and off the leesh he will run around and look for a place to let go, I don't know what to do anymore I scold him...

Why is my dog suddenly peeing and pooping in the house? [ 8 Answers ]

My dog Cheyenne is a Yorkshire Terrier she is the Silky Yorkie. She is about 2 years old and never used to have this problem with peeing and pooping in the house. I'm worried, I don't know why she stopped going outside. When I put her outside, she goes but then she goes MORE inside! Nothing changed...

3 year old dog suddenly pee/pooping in the house! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know WHAT to do about this. I've had my dog for 3 years now, ever since she was 8 weeks. I house trained her as soon as I got her, and she got the hang of it right away. She's been so good about it for the past 3 years. However, in the past 2 weeks, she's suddenly been peeing and...

4 year old dog pooping and peeing in house [ 1 Answers ]

We have a four year old husky that we adopted from a rescue sheltre when he was 1 year old and he was already housetrained. We never used to have problems with him since we were always very good about letting us know when he had to go outside. A little while ago when I came home one day I saw that...

View more questions Search