Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elizabethpayge Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Custody transfer?
    I have custody of my 4 yr. old son. His biological father has visitation every other weekend and some holidays. We have a specific site that we are supposed to drop off and pick up during the visitation exchanges. My husband and I are thinking of moving to another state. If we move, will I have to bring my son back to this state every other weekend, or is it his responsibility to come and get him? We live in NC. and are thinking of moving to TN.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 07:25 PM
    If that spot is court ordered then you will have to bring him there unless the court issues a new order.

Also of course in most custody agreements now aday, you are not allowed to move out of state without the courts permission anyway. So I would check the custody agreement before you moved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L1 to H1 Transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently working on L1 visa for employer A and employer B apply for my H1 visa And lets say my petition gets approved. 1)When does the status change happens(L1 to H1) or who initates the status i.e I have to do or automatically it gets changed. If status gets changed 1.1)Do...

Custody or the lack of custody [ 4 Answers ]

My sons father and I have never gone to court to determine custody. Well he just told me that he is sending my son in a week out of state to his grandmas for 6 weeks. I do not agree with that. Two weeks would have been OK. He already bought the ticket. Is there anyway I can legally stop...

Custody transfer [ 3 Answers ]

I've got custody in Georgia of my nefew. He went to visit his parents on spring break and does not want to come back. What is the most quick way to transfer custody back? He is 15 turning 16.

Child Custody Transfer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I Am A 32 Year Old Father Of Three And I Live In California. I Am Divorced But A Dedicated Father Of All Three. I Have Fathered And Supported My Identical 15 Year Old Twin Sons All Of Their Lives Who Live In Georgia. Here Is Where The Story Gets Tricky. My Sons Call Me On A Regular Basis Asking...

How do I transfer custody to my state? [ 2 Answers ]

I was divorced in Ohio Yrs ago and I live in California. I now have both my children as of October. My daughter already lived with me for 3 yrs, but my son just moved with me in October. Can I file for a change in custody in California or do I need to file in Ohio. My current cusody agreement is...

View more questions Search