Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2012, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Inso The Jester View Post
    well this is not the first time i gave advice in my life
    again i know my wrongs and i say them because i don't want anyone to do the same
    The problem is that this site doesn't condone or give advice that would involve going against the law. If you are going to give such advice, then this may not be the place for you to give advice.
    Inso The Jester Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2012, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The problem is that this site doesn't condone or give advice that would involve going against the law. If you are going to give such advice, then this may not be the place for you to give advice.
    Yes I'm sorry for that too next time I will remember the difference between the laws from county to country
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Aug 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
    I see many people putting up good points here.

But I tell people on this site a lot ''Theirs always something new to be seen''

Everyone is just seeing age difference and throwing out their ''Let them go on'' or ''Dont this is wrong its custodial interference''

Lets look beyond that the girls parents want the relationship making me think these kids are good together and they are not seeing any problems besides age. Which makes me think if you tnsinglemom don't care you just judge a book by its cover and your trying to protect your son. Which I thought was fine UNTIL I looked again and saw this mother is mad because of the religious differences.

AND religion is the only thing she mentions so I wonder if you are discriminating or if you see something wrong with this girl because the only thing you mention as problems with this girl is her religion and age.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post

I know I'm using AMHD as a chat board and I apologize in advance - but my concern with the illegal advice is this: "i am an anarchist and to be honest i don't care about the law unless it hurts other people that i gave advice. I forgot that the laws between other countries are different im sorry for not being a big help here due to difference of laws between countries i really am and i wasn't dating them they were friends"

Someone who admittedly promotes violence (by the very meaning of anarchist) and doesn't "care about the law" really should not be giving any type of legal advice and should not be addressing teens. This has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with "laws between countries" being different.

Perhaps on a discussion board. Perhaps on an adult board.

I don't see the place for information based on these beliefs on the teen board.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamed View Post
    I see many people putting up good points here.

But I tell people on this site alot ''Theirs always something new to be seen''

Everyone is just seeing age difference and throwing out their ''Let them go on'' or ''Dont this is wrong its custodial interference''

Lets look beyond that the girls parents want the relationship making me think these kids are good together and they are not seeing any problems besides age. Which makes me think if you tnsinglemom dont care you just judge a book by its cover and your trying to protect your son. Which I thought was fine UNTIL I looked again and saw this mother is mad because of the religious differences.

AND religion is the only thing she mentions so I wonder if you are discriminating or if you see somthing wrong with this girl because the only thing you mention as problems with this girl is her religion and age.
    Doesn't matter... as long as her son is a moinor and under her responsibility... she does have the right to determine who and if he can see anyone until he is an adult and able to move out and support himself.

That's the prerogative of a parent.

And 15 year old boys... (16 and 17 year olds as well) are NOT known for having much common sense or good judgement, and it doesn't come with turning 18 either... most guys lack much common sense until their late 20's or older. A handful never do.. its hormone related.

Particualarly when a female that's willing to spread her legs is concerned.

I'm a guy... I remember being that age VIVIDLY. I know EXACTLY how a kid that age thinks... and I have the benefit of hindsight and lots of experience to state every single one of those things I did involving a female back then was a HUGE mistake, and for a number of reasons. Though at the time I didn't see any of them.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 09:19 AM
    AND religion is the only thing she mentions so I wonder if you are discriminating or if you see somthing wrong with this girl because the only thing you mention as problems with this girl is her religion and age.

I'm reading the "title" of the thread: "How do I forbid my 15 year old son from dating an older girl, age 17-18" followed by the reference to religion.

No matter what the issue, no matter why the mother feels the way she does, he's 15, and she's the person in charge (right, wrong or indifferent).

Aug 30, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Lets look beyond that the girls parents want the relationship making me think these kids are good together and they are not seeing any problems besides age. Which makes me think if you tnsinglemom dont care you just judge a book by its cover and your trying to protect your son.
    What you also missed is that only HER parents want it. And that the OP's son has become deceptive since the relationship.

But there is a bottom line here. We don't know the full story here so I see nothing in wrong in suggesting to the OP that she try to work with all the parties to work out a solution. But the bottom line is that SHE is in control. If she doesn't want the son to date this girl then for the girl to continue to date him is illegal.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 09:34 AM
    Personally I would let the relationship run it's course. They aren't that far apart in age and the chance of a relationship continuing that starts when one of the people in it is 15 is somewhere between slim and none. You are making her more appealing by making her forbidden.

What you can do is impose consequences for lying, breaking curfew or otherwise breaking the family rules but don't make it about the girl. And I would also take the opposite approach - let the girl be at your home, invite her to dinner and to see how he lives and what your family is about.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2012, 09:37 AM
    Keep in mind that this was asked under Teens, not Law, and we don't know where OP is from yet, nor do we know whether the girl is 17 or 18.

TN's statutory rape law does not apply if the minor is at least 13 and the adult is 4 years older or less (since an adult = 18, there is a narrow window there for the minor's age). I don't think this should be moved to Law anyway, because a major concern seems to be about religion. OP should ask separately about the Law.

(What happened to references to custodial interference in this type of situation?)

Aug 30, 2012, 09:48 AM
    The question here was how to prevent ("forbid") the 15 yr old from dating.

The answer to that question ranges from grounding the boy and monitoring his outside the home time carefully to threatening or filing custodial interference charges.

The OP did not ask whether she should allow them to date. She did not ask for opinions on whether she is right to not allow them to date. However, it is a principle of this site that we offer solutions rather than just straightforward answers. So there is nothing wrong with advising the OP on those secondary points as long as one deals with the primary question.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 11:31 AM
    Gamed, there's a big difference between a healthy person wanting to lose weight and become unhealthy, to a 15 year old wanting to date a 13 year old. Losing weight, making yourself unhealthy because of it, is sadly legal. It's not wise, but if the person chooses to do it, there's nothing anyone can legally do to stop them.

A 15 year old dating a 13 year old when one of the parents doesn't want it to happen, is against the law. It just so happens that the OP is the mother of the child that would be charged, since he's the older child, and the male in the relationship.

We don't give advice that goes against the law on this site. So no, I also don't understand what you're getting at.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 11:34 AM
    And I will comment on the mother "hurting the son." My kids want to ride on the bike path at night. I don't think it's safe. If I tell them they can't, I will "hurt them."

So I allow it.

That's not good parenting.

It is policy on AMHD not to tell people they aren't smart. You think I'm not "smart" enough to be here, report me to a Mod.

If you want to get into helpful advice, there's always this one:

"I have 1 diet plan that I tell people with extreme goals but before I say ill always tell you... Warning: This is dangerous may cause dehydration or cause you to pass out. Ok here you are... 10 day crash diet drink only a pure fruit and vegetable drink that you yourself blended with fresh fruits/veggies. (eat NOTHING); Next 5 days you will need to ease yourself into food start light with some protein than introduce more calories a day until you get to maybe 900 calories. (IF THAT) In this time introduce light jogs and easy things like situps or if you can pushups. (you will gain back some weight from your body gaining muscle/water weight); Next 10 days pick it all up do weight training increase cardio 1 mi jogs daily; Last 5 days drop weight training and put it all in running and cardio. In all you may loose 25 lbs. I don't recommend this because of dangers and failure rate.” https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/weight...me-697825.html
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Oops, just realized, the boy is 15, the girl is 17-18. Actually, the girl would be the one charged since the mother of the son doesn't want him to date.

Sep 4, 2012, 11:45 AM
    I'm ripping my hair out! The whole point is their seems to be no problem with a 15 year old dating a 17 year old. Just because the mother doesn't like her religion.

It is illegal if the mother makes it illegal by forbidding this relationship. What I'm telling the mother is why discriminate against this girl and have this relationship forbidden and in the process hurt your son. Think of the girl as the 20 lbs why loose it if theirs no reason to. Also the mother being in charge / her not liking the girls religion isn't a legitimate reason to me.

And I think if you have to find a legal way to separate children when their seems to be no problem accept religion is an extreme solution.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 11:49 AM
    I'm ripping my hair out! The whole point is their seems to be no problem with a 15 year old dating a 17 year old. Just because the mother doesnt like her religion.

It is illegal if the mother makes it illegal by forbidding this relationship. What im telling the mother is why discriminate against this girl and have this relationship forbidden and in the process hurt your son. Think of the girl as the 20 lbs why loose it if theirs no reason to. Also the mother being in charge / her not liking the girls religion isnt a legitimate reason to me.

And I think if you have to find a legal way to seperate children when their seems to be no problem accept religion is an extreme solution.

You did read "besides the age difference ...", right? I think you missed the "whole point."

You can preach all you want about discrimination. That's you. The religious difference is a problem for the mother. Should it be? I have no idea. Is it? Yes.

You think a 15-year old is capable of making decisions without input and guidance from his/her parents?

The question was "how to forbid" the son from dating, not "what do you think about it."

You're "ripping your hair out" over a Q and A Board?

The conversation is way off track.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 11:51 AM
    I'm ripping my hair out! The whole point is their seems to be no problem with a 15 year old dating a 17 year old. Just because the mother doesnt like her religion.

It is illegal if the mother makes it illegal by forbidding this relationship. What im telling the mother is why discriminate against this girl and have this relationship forbidden and in the process hurt your son. Think of the girl as the 20 lbs why loose it if theirs no reason to. Also the mother being in charge / her not liking the girls religion isnt a legitimate reason to me.

And I think if you have to find a legal way to seperate children when their seems to be no problem accept religion is an extreme solution.
    Doesn't matter WHAT the religion is... the parent doesn't want it... FOR ANY REASON. THey don't NEED a reason.

That's the prerogative of being a parent. They pay the bills... the lay down the house rules...
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 12:10 PM
    That was for someone who private messaged me saying they were beyond desperate to loose weight fast ,and the problem their was the person was overweight and very self concious of there self from years of tourment. So I think a situation were someone was tourmented for years because of weight needed an extreme solution more than a mother who doesnt like a girls religion. Dont you agree?
    This thread is about a nearly adult girl chasing after a 15 year old boy... not about weight issues or dieting.

Sep 4, 2012, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Doesn't matter WHAT the religion is....the parent doesn't want it....FOR ANY REASON. THey don't NEED a reason.

Thats the perogative of being a parent. They pay the bills...the lay down the house rules....
    I agree with you ,but would you use the law to separate your child from another child because of religion? That's why this is frustrating the mother is in charge so in the end what she says goes. BUT if you're a parent you would most likely agree that every decision you made as a parent wasn't always spot on. So I'm trying to get my opinion across to the Op that getting the law involved in this situation might not be the best decision as a parent.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 12:13 PM
    This thread is about a nearly adult girl chasing after a 15 year old boy.....not about weight issues or dieting.

I know, but when you can't argue the facts you need to come up with something.

Smoothy, please take a look at the edit I just added to what immediately precedes this.

Sep 4, 2012, 12:15 PM
    This thread is about a nearly adult girl chasing after a 15 year old boy.....not about weight issues or dieting.
    I was just telling Judy why the situation she mentioned were I gave an extreme solution to an Op was more appropriate in that senario than it was here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New to dating girls,had a date with a girl my age a few days ago... [ 2 Answers ]

So,just had a date with a lovely girl,my age,and lives fairly near to me.we chatted a lot and laughed and it all felt so right and natural,then later when the moment was right,we kissed and it was incredible,when we both had to go,she took my hand and led me back to my car.when we got there she...

7 year difference in age, should I continue dating? [ 8 Answers ]

I am recently separated from my Babies Momma of 3, back in Jan. We have 3 little ones. I recently began dating a 18 yr old, I am 25, that's not a big deal to me, thing that gets me is we had understanding that is was just for "fun", but now getting more and more into each other. I feel real bad...

Dating a 22 year old girl at 32 years of age? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a 32 year old male and I know this girl, she's 22, just out of college and she asked me if I wanted to go out sometime. The problem is I knew her when she was a teenager I met her when she was 15 and I was 25 I worked with her dad on their ranch. I was never attracted to her because well, she...

View more questions Search