Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fuego750 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Aug 12, 2012, 12:47 PM
    Is this a symptom of OCD?
    HI, I'll like to know if this is OCD or not. My boyfriend get mad at me because I use a water bottle to pour water to my dog when showering her. He didn't talk to me for a whole 10 days just because of the water bottle and because I promise not using things for what they are not meant to be.

Another day I use a Juice jar to pour water on the windshield of my car because we don't have a hose available at the time, and he gets upset 1. because I use it for water when is meant for juice and 2. because I put it in the garage floor while I was finishing cleaning up and after using it, and I put it in the cabinet without washing the bottom of it. (even when it wasn't dirty at all) I try to make him understand that jar can be use for water or juice or tea or whatever not only for juice but for him I did it again, even when I use the water bottle for just water but because is not for drinking he gets upset. Any advise?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 01:04 PM
    This is not a sign of it, if you pour water on your dog over and over because you did not think the dog was clear.

So what are you suppose to pour water on the windshield with ?

It may be a sign that he has issues
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2012, 01:08 PM
    It might be a little odd and obnoxious, but to be OCD it has to be something that upsets his life to the point of limiting what he can enjoy and driving people around him away. If it's the bottle use, then he would have to do it all the time, every day, even people at work or on the street. If it's more than just bottles, such as pots and pans and towels and cleaners and mops and paper and pens and so on, obsessing about the use of just about every object under the sun, then I would call that OCD. Also most OCD causes the person a lot of anxiety, and many people have to take medication.
    He may have had a bad childhood experience with something wrong in a bottle, maybe an older kid teasing him with something awful? Ask him. Tell him gently that you aren't going to indulge him, at least in your own home.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2012, 01:33 PM
    He has other control issues - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...ml#post3233396

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help With My OCD [ 8 Answers ]

Well I have OCD. I pick my lip (sometimes) and really bite my nails. I don't bite my nails badly. Its just I hate my nails getting long and I hate seeing the white line on top of my nail. Strange I know. With my lip when I pick it it sometimes bleed. Like if my lips are chapped I have to pick them....

I think I might have OCD [ 1 Answers ]

To give some backstory... I've always had this fear of spiders. At the end of last year I moved away for school. Back in March I moved into my own apartment out here and it's the first time I've lived by myself. Since the move I noticed my fear of spiders got worse. A lot worse. It got to a point...

Is it ocd? [ 3 Answers ]

I am constantly playing with my hair, picking at my dead ends. CONSTANTLY. I'm 15 & have and had a lot of stress in my life... so could it be that or OCD? I've been doing it for as long as I can remember, since I was real little.

Do you think you I have OCD? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I have OCD? Well mostly when anybody I know says they are mad at me I freak out never stop thinking about try to fix it no matter what even if I can live without the person when its over but I can't stand haven people mad at me even joking about mad at me I kind of obsess...

View more questions Search