Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jellybeans1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jul 27, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Breakup advice.
    So today me and my boyfriend broke up. He lies to me all the time and I only see him every 1-2 1/2 months. His mom didn't know we were dating because we broke up before and he's a mamas boy. She hates me and wouldn't let me on their property. I thought he was the one even though he made me misserable by ignoring me and breaking promises. Missing our aniversarys and my birthdays.

I could go on forever about this. I know he is an but I am still so upset. I literally have no friends to be here for me and help me through this.

I really need some advise that isn't "he was clearly an and you can do better" Plus we were going to live together and now I have no chance at moving out till I get enough money for school and then a career. (im 20)
    andrewjg Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Hey Jellybeans1,

Its bloody tough going through a break up, by the sounds of it you were not really a good match, you only saw each other once a month or so, that's not particularly a relationship but rather casual dating. He forgot your birthday that just goes to show he doesn't really think about you overly a lot. Easier said than done but your best bet is to just move on and get on with your life :D

Andy

Jul 27, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjg View Post
    Hey Jellybeans1,

Its bloody tough going through a break up, by the sounds of it you were not really a good match, you only saw each other once a month or so, that's not particularily a relationship but rather casual dating. He forgot your birthday that just goes to show he doesnt really think about you overly alot. easier said than done but your best bet is to just move on and get on with your life :D

Andy
    Thanks, I just can't think of it that way because of him telling me he loves me everyday and giving me a promise ring. It all only went to at the end of last year.

Jul 27, 2012, 05:21 PM
    This sounds horrible but from prior experience love is just words, and gifts i.e."the promise ring" is just an item. True love is something in which one can only truly know once you have "kissed some frogs" if you will. Your only 20 hell you've got your life ahead of you it may seem like the world is crumbling around you but you just have to get on with it stay single for a while that's what I'm doing "im 21" and its ty for the first few months but I've realised as ignorant as this may sound I was to good for my ex, and by the sounds of it you are to.

Andy :D

Jul 27, 2012, 05:24 PM
    Thank you, glad you answered this.

Jul 27, 2012, 05:31 PM
    No worries, it's nice to help, don't get the opportunity to be nice in normal day to day living lol :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breakup advice. [ 3 Answers ]

My live-in boyfriend of over a year broke up with me two months ago. I have been devastated. He claimed that he 'needed space' but was still 'in love with me.' We are both 25, he is in college, I graduated 3 years ago. The first couple of weeks I didn't contact him about anything other than...

Advice on post-college breakup. Struggling to cope with the breakup - Please read/hel [ 33 Answers ]

Everyone has their own story so here is mine: My ex-girlfriend and I met in college, dated for all 4 years until recently. We spent almost everyday together, she was my support and best friend. Like any couple, we had our problems, and I was her first ever relationship. I received a job offer...

Please help - breakup advice [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm 29 years old and my girlfriend of 5 years broke off our engagement of almost 1 year last night as well as ended our entire relationship and I feel downright miserable. I have been crazy about her for all of our relationship and was ready to take it beyond the dating stage. ...

Breakup Advice [ 8 Answers ]

I was with my ex for the better part of four years. She had a child when we got together, and she was coming off a divorce. She was my first relationship. We broke up after about four months together, but soon after, got back together--she told me she felt I was the love of her life, and even...

View more questions Search