Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissRoach87 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
    How do I fix an infected bellybutton piercing
    Okay, well I got my belly button pierced on July 20th, it's now July 26th and I think my bellybutton piercing is infected. I clean it with salt water 3 times a day and took good care of it but I woke up at my friends house yesterday to see that it was swollen ish and had a yellowish/brown bruise around it. Its sore and I want to know how to fix this.
    trulytrying Posts: 122, Reputation: 6

Jul 26, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Wondering if maybe you snagged it or bumped it in your sleep or something? Are any fluids coming out of it? Does it feel warm to the touch compared to the rest of your belly? Your piercing is only 6 days along--it takes a l-o-n-g time for belly piercings to heal. The salt wash 3x a day sounds good. In addition, (If it were me) I'd gently massage the area with some Arnica~help the body break apart and carry away the old blood and tissue in the bruised area. Arnica is good for bruises. That's me though... And, although I've had my belly pierced and have used Arnica~I'm in no way an expert. Happy healing. : )
    jellybeans1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jul 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
    Whenever I get peircings 5 different places (over 15 years experience each) all tell me to only clean them when they are dirty or have discharge. There is a medical lotion soap that you use in the shower and leave on for 1 min for bellybutton peircings. It works really well, and if the peircings has a major stinging sensation that could mean your allergic to the material and need to get it changed. I have 15 peircings and they are all in great condition.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2012, 02:02 PM
    If it's swollen and there's bruising then it's always best to see your doctor to make sure it's not infected.

Jul 26, 2012, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trulytrying View Post
    Wondering if maybe you snagged it or bumped it in your sleep or something? Are any fluids coming out of it? Does it feel warm to the touch compared to the rest of your belly? Your piercing is only 6 days along--it takes a l-o-n-g time for belly piercings to heal. The salt wash 3x a day sounds good. In addition, (If it were me) I'd gently massage the area with some Arnica~help the body break apart and carry away the old blood and tissue in the bruised area. Arnica is good for bruises. That's me though...And, although I've had my belly pierced and have used Arnica~I'm in no way an expert. Happy healing. : )
    Yeah my brothers girlfriend said maybe I slept on it wrong or something. But I noticed there's like pus stuff coming out of it (gross right?) and it feels like heat is radiating off the swollen part.. Its pretty sore too :\
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 26, 2012, 04:02 PM
    If there's pus then there's infection. You really need to see your doctor, salt water alone is not going to help.

Jul 26, 2012, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    If there's pus then there's infection. You really need to see your doctor, salt water alone is not going to help.
    Yeh if it gets any worse in the next 2 days I'll go see one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bellybutton piercing [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! I really want to get my bellybutton pierced this fall, and am really excited to do so! My question is, does it hurt that bad? I mean, I cannot take pain, shots make me almost faint, but they don't even hurt, but I get myself so nervous! Has anyone here had their bellybutton pierced? Does...

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

Is my bellybutton piercing OK? [ 11 Answers ]

I had my bellybutton pierced 5 days ago, and I kept playing with it for the first few days. I use savlon spray and cotton buds to clean it, that the boots staff recommended, is this OK? I clean it about 2-3 times a day. And today I took the top ball out to clean around the area, and it its slightly...

Bellybutton piercing? [ 5 Answers ]

What does it feel like to get your bellybutton pierced? And is it painful, or is it simply like getting your ears pierced? Thank's.

Infected Bellybutton ring? [ 8 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced about two weeks ago and I had pain at first but it has gone away now But I do have redness around the top hole and puss coming from it. I have started with constant salt baths so maybe it would help, which has a little but it still pusses. I also have very dry skin...

View more questions Search