Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frizzybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 09:27 AM
    How to find my confidence?
    School is going to be starting in about a month and my mom is going to bring me clothes shopping. My friends, and family are VERY judgmental about me. I want to buy some cute casual dresses when I go shopping but I'm VERY skinny and they always comment about how small and boney my legs are and I'm very insecure about that. How can I be confident, buy what I want, and ignore the mean comments?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 09:43 AM
    I give you total permission to buy what you want (with your mom's okay for budget) and the strength to ignore envious comments. That's what they are, you know -- envious. Girl, the entire fashion world was made just for you! You should be able to wear clothes that chunky girls can't wear! Go with layers and bold prints and horizontal stripes and little jackets.

Fashion tips and photos for skinny girls
    lula_fifi Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2012, 09:59 AM
    First off, I'm sure your family and friends (especially family) are not judgemental of you, but just love you and like to help you.

Secondly, you just need to find things at suit YOU! Don't bother about what other people like. You are very lucky, in fashions view, to be skinny, and like Wondergirl said, fashion is pretty much made for you!

However if you do not like your body, don't fret, just find clothes that suit you and make you feel comfortable! For example, you could try on a pair of those "boyfriend" jeans, that are quite baggy and turn up at the ankle - do you know the ones I mean? That would flatter you and help you feel less self-conscious about your bony legs. For dresses, ones that hem at the knee (or there abouts) would be best if you don't like the way your legs look in shorter dresses. That alongside maxi dresses/maxi skirts.

I would love to help you a bit more if you need any, I am a little bit obsessed with fashion! Also how old are you, because obviously you need clothes that will suit your age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find the margin of error given 99% confidence interval; n = 201; x = 270; s = 42. [ 1 Answers ]

Find the margin of error given 99% confidence interval; n = 201; x = 270; s = 42.

Which level of confidence would produce the widest confidence interval? [ 1 Answers ]

Given the same sample statistics, which level of confidence would produce the widest(longest) confidence interval? A. 90% B. 95% C. 98% D. 99%

Find a 95% confidence interval for the cigarette tax in all 50 states. [ 1 Answers ]

Continuous data A sample of 17 states had these cigarette taxes (in cents): 112 120 98 55 71 35 99 124 64 150 150 55 100 132 20 70 93 Find a 95% confidence interval for the cigarette tax in all 50 states. Source: Federation of Tax Administrators A. Construct a 95% confidence...

Self Confidence? [ 16 Answers ]

Why do I lose myself confidence in relationships

Looking To Find Confidence [ 2 Answers ]

I have been feeling kind of depressed, but my life has not changed. I have weird mood swings, I don't feel like eating and I don't do things I normally do. Any tips on how to feel normal again? --Kaylee:confused:

View more questions Search