Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpdelarosa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 11:06 AM
    Bathroom plumbing backup problems
    We have a 2 story home. Flushed upstairs toilet this morning and the downstairs bathtub and shower backed up. I flushed the downstairs toilet and the tub and shower backed up a bit more. I have not tried anything to solve the problem. Thinking the best thing would be to call Roto Rooter but would like to know what the cause is so I know what the long term solution is. Any ideas? Thanks.
    krafteame Posts: 48, Reputation: 11

Jul 22, 2012, 12:12 PM
    Do you have septic tank or are you on sewer system? If you have a septic tank you may need to have your septic tank pumped out.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 12:29 PM
    Most likely a clog in your main drain pipe downstream of all fixtures. Roto Rooter is a good bet unless you own some snakes to rod out a main. Do not open any clean outs before coming back here with more info. Opening a clean out uip stream of the clog could be a real mess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing backup [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having an issue with water overflowing from basement plumbing which is directly next to washing machine and under the kitchen. I have lived here for 7 yrs so it's a new issue. Whenever I run a lot of water in kitchen or the washing machine drains, the water sprays out of the vertical pipe...

Plumbing Backup [ 1 Answers ]

Where my washing machine drains out in my basement floor I have an occasional backup.. I have snaked it several times and have even had a plummer come out and snake it... and every time we find nothing.. Any ideas as to why this is occurring.. Appreciate the help..

Plumbing problems backup in tub [ 6 Answers ]

I have been renting this house for 2 years - when I first moved in toilets would stop up and fecal matter with water and toilet paper( shredded) would come up through tub - OK plumber came took some roots out and problem gone - have had some minor plumbing problems in between and I even told...

Plumbing problems in the bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

After plunging and snaking the toilet, sink and tub; my toilet and sink still drain into the tub after I flush or run the water in the sink or tub. I also checked the trap outside. I do not know what else to do? Thanks for any help!

Plumbing Backup [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having several problems with my plumbing. House is connected to city sewer system. Problem started 1 week ago. - While flusing the toilet, bubbles comes up from the bowl. Sometimes it requires 2-3 flushes... and sometimes it overflows. - When I continue to flush and/or use plunger - the...

View more questions Search