Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joemellie Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 06:23 PM
    Can my ex's new boyfriend watch my child?
    I'll keep this brief. I'm the biological father. Do I have any say in who watches my daughter while my ex [the mother] is at work, or do I need a specific reason? I now live in Florida. Mother and child live in Tennessee. As per my other post, I was the stay-at-home father/ex-boyfriend who literally got kicked out of the house after 6 years of staying home taking care of my child. No car. No money. Staying with relatives, so this is my only source of legal information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 28, 2011, 07:02 PM
    If this is her time for the child to be with her, under a custody agreement, you have no say who the care giver is to be unless the court order gives you a right. You in fact don't even have a right to know who the care given is ( what day care or baby sitter) unless the court order allows you that info.

If you have proof that any sitter or day care person is a threat to your child you have a right to challenge them.

But it is common for a parent who is separated to get a new girl or boy friend and they will sooner or latter be part of the child's life
    Cathy Rook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 11:20 PM
    My ex has his religious beliefs I have soul physical custody, he has visitation. If he misses his time he says I have to let him make it up, he lives in Minnesota , I live in Nebraska with her for the past five years, she is 8. He now wants her to go to a Christian private school here and I want her to stay at her public school. Also he wants her not to do halloween, I think it's fine. He has a bulling way about him. Can I take him back to court for sole custody?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have two children and one is not my ex's, getting child support for both... [ 3 Answers ]

So I was never married to my ex, but have two children together. He is paying child support for both, however, one child is not his. He is on the birth certificate for both. So I already told child support he is not the father of one and paternity test were done. They don't seem too helpful with...

My Ex's boyfriend smokes marijuana n babysits are 10 y/o girl [ 3 Answers ]

My Ex wife met this man on Plenty of Fish 9 weeks ago, 6 days after meeting him introduces him to our 3 daughters, he has a marijuana card she told me he picked her up and his car reeked of marijuana, he is unemployed, My ex told my daughters he gets $400.00 a month income, and after 5 weeks moved...

Best friend dating my ex's boyfriend? [ 17 Answers ]

All right, so it has been awhile since I have posted a question on here. I have run across an odd situation regarding my best friend. He has started to date my ex's room mate, who happens to be one of her best friends. I am pretty good friends with her (not my ex, but my ex's roommate), however I...

Feel bad for my ex's boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I'm goingthrew a custody battle and I usedm why ex new boyfriend name in the pappers. My question is do you think me using his name and dragging him into it will push him away from her. That is not my intention that is why I feel bad. But I used his name because my ex took our son out of...

Having my ex's child? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex and I were together for 1 1/2 and I met him while I was going through a tough time in my life and we shared allot of personal experiences that I have never shared with anyone else. Towards the end of the relationship he started going out to bars more and according to his friends starting...

View more questions Search