Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robert915 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 08:24 PM
    2000 dodge ram new stereo but no sound
    I just installed a new stereo in my truck and hooked the wires according to the schematic. The factory radio shows what wires do what so I hooked them accordingly through the factory harness and I still don't get any sound. Is there another ground or something that I'm not aware of. Thanks
    rcelctronics Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Most Dodge cars and trucks used a separate ground that bolted directly onto the back of the radio, i.e. was NOT in the wire harness. Does the radio light up? If so, it's most likely not a ground issue. More info would be useful...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge 2000 Ram 1500 [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the battery on the 2000 dodge ram 1500 and it won't start lights will not turn on radio doesn't work no electrical activity the battery is new. Its possible that the terminals were hooked up backwards(neg to pos--) is there some sort of fuse or relay,breaker etc that possibly tripped.

97 dodge ram stereo swap sound problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a few radios before but never had a problem like this. The aftermarket cd player works and sounds great... on the radio but when turned to cd, the internal amps or something seem to turn off leaving nothing but the front tweeters for sound. Can anyone help?

Stereo wiring diagram for 95 dodge ram 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me with finding a wiring diagram for a stereo in a 1995 dodge ram 1500. Thanks for any help.

2000 Dodge Ram stereo [ 0 Answers ]

The factory stereo on my 2000 Dodge ram has lost 3 channels. It is a 3 band eq, am/fm, cassette,cd player with steering wheel controls and does not say anything on the face plate. It has 2 pillar speakers and 2 front and 2 rear door speakers I have been told it's an amp under the glove box but...

View more questions Search