Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duhh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 01:08 AM
    97 dodge ram stereo swap sound problem
    I have installed a few radios before but never had a problem like this. The aftermarket cd player works and sounds great... on the radio but when turned to cd, the internal amps or something seem to turn off leaving nothing but the front tweeters for sound. Can anyone help?
    luizds Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Sound like your cd player is malfunctioning.
    extremeproaudio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by duhh
    i have installed a few radios before but never had a problem like this. the aftermarket cd player works and sounds great.... on the radio but when turned to cd, the internal amps or something seem to turn off leaving nothing but the front tweeters for sound. can anyone help?
    Happens to a lot of people. On the aftermarket harness, there are two wires - - a blue AMP turn-on wire, and a blue/white trace for a power antenna. The blue wire provides power while the radio is on, where the blue/white wire is only powered when the AM/FM function is selected - and turns off when CD is selected. Switch the wires, and your factory amplifier will stay on. (your tweeters don't get powered by the amp, which is why they stay on no matter what)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 Dodge Ram Heating Problem. [ 15 Answers ]

Looking to buy a dodge ram 1500 pickup truck but there is a heating problem. IT HAS NO HEAT. Can anyone help me. The carlot says maybe just a thermostat, well how much work goes into changing a thermostat and what would it cost me to get this replaced? HAS ANYONE HAD ANY major problems with the...

04 Dodge ram HID light problem [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I changed my headlights on my 04 truck to HID and now my instrument panel keeps flashing check light. Question is how do I get rid of the flashing light with out going back to regular lights. I've tried resistor between polarity and they don't work. Any help would appreciated. Thanks LDS

2005 Dodge Ram A/C Problem [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I was up in the mountains and when I turned off my car and came back to it the A/C went out. The light for the A/C was reset to the off position and when I turned it on all I got was very hot air. It is as if the temperature setting is stuck at the hottest level. I am not sure which...

Stereo wiring diagram for 95 dodge ram 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me with finding a wiring diagram for a stereo in a 1995 dodge ram 1500. Thanks for any help.

2000 Dodge Ram stereo [ 0 Answers ]

The factory stereo on my 2000 Dodge ram has lost 3 channels. It is a 3 band eq, am/fm, cassette,cd player with steering wheel controls and does not say anything on the face plate. It has 2 pillar speakers and 2 front and 2 rear door speakers I have been told it's an amp under the glove box but...

View more questions Search