Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crzchick09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 07:20 PM
    I'm torn between two guys?
    OK so I'm 20 and I've been with this guy for 2 mnths now and he is a really sweet understanding guy but about a week ago I met this guy and I don't know when we looked into eachothers eyes it was like we've known each other forever and it was like love at first sight. They are both good guys guy #2 has some issues that I want to help him with but my parents can't stand him. Guy #1 my parents like but he tends to freak out whenever I go out weather its with family or not. I'm so confused :/
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2011, 11:06 PM

Don't make the mistake of thinking you can ''save'' somebody with ''issues''.

I suggest you try being single and concentrate on building your own life rather then dating either-guy #1 seems to have control issues,so take a step back and evaluate that situation.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 12:29 PM

Based on the way you described both guys, maybe it's best to do with neither guy. You don't need to force yourself to be in a relationship.

It doesn't hurt to be single and wait until you find what's best for you.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 02:05 PM

I think you need to leave them both alone. #1 is not ideal and #2 has problems you don't need to be dealing with.
    Enjoy You for a while.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 02:39 PM

Yes, don't ever settle with "I can change or save him" it does not work, If the issues he has would make him not acceptable, then he is, since he will not change unless he wants to.

If number one is not idea,

It sounds like you are not ready to date one person full time, why not just date anyone you want, no "full time" until the right one comes around
    Leppy_06 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Maybe take a step back and you can still hang out with them both until you decide, and if they are not okay with this then they obviously do not care the right way. #1 either sounds a bit controlling or he knows you are changing and thinking of someone else and might be worried about losing you. I don't know about #2 because all depends on the problems he has on whether you should help, but if you feel you should be there for him then be there. Helping someone out will not hurt anything just be honest with them to a point and try not to string either along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm torn between two guys... [ 3 Answers ]

I've been interested in a certain guy for quite awhile. We have a lot in common and he seems to know me pretty well. A lot of my friends have even suggested we would be cute together. I've known him for what seems like forever and we're best friends, but I have trouble deciphering his emotions......

Torn between two guys! Looking for opinions and advice please. [ 5 Answers ]

I am 23, have been dating my current boyfriend for 5 months now.. its long distance so out of the 5mo we've probably been together for 2mo (due to my work and his training). He has a 2 yr old daughter and has been married, his life is very scheduled and the passion of a sex life is rare on his...

Torn between two guys [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating a guy for a year and a half. I absolutely adored him for so long. We did everything together, and every fight we would get into I would just put up with, because I didn't want to lose him. He was somewhat controlling, to the point where he wouldn't want me to go out alone, he...

I'm torn between two guys, what should I do? [ 6 Answers ]

Im 19 years old and I consider myself pretty mature for my age, but Im in a situation that Ive never been before. OK here goes: When I started working where at my current job, the day after I started I met my manager's son, at first I didn't think anything of him because he was just her son to...

TORN in Between 2 GuyS [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in a situation where I'm torn in between two guys in my life. Non of who have yet to claim me. If getting tired of waiting on faith. Guy 1_ is a 19 year old who I fell for right from the moment we met, he's a type of guy who would wait for you. He calls me. Texts me in the morning and is...

View more questions Search