Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sagick Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 08:14 PM
    I can't get my girlfriend out of her shell
    Okay so my girlfriend is very nice and sweet. But she seems down recently and depressed. Whenever I ask her if anything's wrong she changes the subject. How do I get her to tell me what she is feeling?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2012, 10:14 AM
    Sometimes you have to be patient until they are ready to open up about what's on their mind. Some times you have to tell them honestly you are worried and want to help. And sometimes we read our partners signals wrong. Hard to say without a lot more info, and background.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2012, 07:00 PM
    Just be there in case she needs support, not much you can do if you don't know what the issue is. Putting pressure on her will only make her worse.

Feb 1, 2012, 09:18 PM
    Thanks for the advice
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Feb 1, 2012, 10:03 PM
    Just tell her, that if she ever needs help or if there is anything there to share, you will be there for her.

And then let her be.

She will open up slowly.

Apr 13, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Girlfriend won't trust me
    Okay so my girlfriend isn't trusting me me because she thinks I like her friend. How do I prove to her that I love her and not the other other girl.
    Things I'm not willing to do so don't say these thing as ideas:
    Hurt the other girls feelings
    Be mean in any way
    violence
    Or break up with my girlfriend
    If anybody knows please type back immediately
    Ally96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 05:04 PM
    My (now ex) boyfriend had the same problem!
    Even when we weren't together and he found out about me and other guys, he got mad.
    Just continue telling her how much you love her and how much she means to you. Buy her some of her favorite flowers! Take her out dancing or something fun that she loves! I'm not saying that buying her things will gain her trust in you but it might just remind her that you care about her and how much you adore her.
    Tell her all the little things you love about her. Like, the way she hugs you... something small like that
    I hope this helped, good luck! :)
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Be the best boyfriend you can possibly be... if after that she allows her low self esteem and jealousy to make her paranoid there is nothing you can do.

If she doesn't trust you now, and she is not willing to work on HER issues, I would recommend moving on. But of course, talk to her about it and see what SHE is thinking and WHY she is thinking in that manner.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2012, 09:35 PM
    How old are you both? Is her friend hitting on you? Are you friends with her friend? Why is this a worry? Has her friend stolen her boyfriends before??

Apr 14, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    How old are you both? Is her friend hitting on you? Are you friends with her friend? Why is this a worry? Has her friend stolen her boyfriends before???
    Teenagers. She and I had one time where she made me blush because of something really funny and my girlfriend noticed. This is a worry because her past 2 boyfriends were cheating on her. And no her friend has never stolen a boyfriend before. Thx for trying to help
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 03:10 PM
    With a twice hurt you female, you have to be extra, extra, reassuring, and understanding. And that may not be enough. She has trust issues, and easily sees ghosts of the past, and requires an extreme amount of patience.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2012, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sagick View Post
    okay so my girlfriend isn't trusting me me because she thinks i like her friend. How do i prove to her that i love her and not the other other girl.
    Things im not willing to do so dont say these thing as ideas:
    hurt the other girls feelings
    be mean in any way
    violence
    or break up with my girlfriend
    if anybody knows please type back immediately

Please don't attempt to control the answers to your questions. If you don't want honest opinions, don't ask the question.

How do you hurt the other girl's feelings if you tell her your relationship makes your girlfriend uncomfortable? That's not mean and that's not violent. That's not hurting anyone's feelings. That's beyond honest.

I don't see that "being honest" is on your "can't do" list so I'm assuming it's an option.

You may not get a choice - your girlfriend has enough, she's going to dump you. She's already quiet, not sharoing, and you don't know why?

She's thinking about her next move.

Apr 16, 2012, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Please don't attempt to control the answers to your questions. If you don't want honest opinions, don't ask the question.

How do you hurt the other girl's feelings if you tell her your relationship makes your girlfriend uncomfortable? That's not mean and that's not violent. That's not hurting anyone's feelings. That's beyond honest.

I don't see that "being honest" is on your "can't do" list so I'm assuming it's an option.

You may not get a choice - your girlfriend has enough, she's going to dump you. She's already quiet, not sharoing, and you don't know why?

She's thinking about her next move.
    Considering she trust me now you're wrong. And you're way is actually basically how it worked so thank you but it was a little different. But also I did it with out looing at this first but thank you anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I seem to have gone into my shell ! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 42 years old with 3 older teenage kids and divorced 4 years ago. I always used to be a bit of a party animal and really went for it after leaving my abusive husband; I was out every weekend and made the most of every social invitation. Then I met my new partner and we have been happily...

Electron shell [ 1 Answers ]

What are electron subshells and how many electrons can fit in them? What does this have to do with bonding? Thanks, -Matazar

What shell I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I split from my partner 5 days ago we have bin together 8yrs! We have 2 children together I want him back so bad he says he don't love me anymore but I no deep down he does, we have been in this situation so many time and we have always got back together. I keep texting him and he blows me off is...

Shell Browser - Help [ 2 Answers ]

I know I had asked this question someone before and I cannot find the answer at the moment. So I decided to start a new thread just to deal with this issue. Sorry about that. I have now have this pop up and I do not know what to do. I think this is appearing because I just put on Spyware blaster...

View more questions Search