Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stuckgirlfriend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2011, 10:27 PM
    My boyfriend wants his mate to move back in.
    My partner and I have been dating for about 6 1/2 years now but we've only lived together for about a year. The first 6 months of us living together was great until a mate came over for the weekend and ended up living with us. This happened with two other mates where they came over and just never left for six months That whole 6 months was a nightmare my partner and I fought constantly and we all felt the tension between each other. Eventually I couldn't stand it anymore and we told them to leave. They moved to another mates place up the road. But now one of them is having issues with the guy they moved in with and my partner told him he could move back in with us but he said it without talking to me and just put me on the spot in front of him. I hesitantly sort of agreed but now realise I don't want anyone living with us again. HELP I feel like the worst person in the world Im going to talk to our mate before he tries to move in.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 1, 2011, 10:44 PM
    If that doesn't work, move out. I mean who needs all that confusion, drama, and disrespect?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2011, 04:31 AM
    Are you running a hotel?

No?

Then why do all these people feel free to move in?

Whose property is it?

His,your or jointly owned/rented?

Ground rules or someone moves out!
    NailTech Posts: 61, Reputation: 9

Dec 2, 2011, 08:57 AM
    I agree with everyone else. You need to set some ground rules if you are going to allow these people to be moving in and out and stay with your mate. Are these people paying any type of rent or providing and cooking their own food?
    geminichick Posts: 187, Reputation: 57

Dec 3, 2011, 12:03 AM
    Why do you feel like the worst person in the world? Your boyfriend should have discussed it with you before making a decision to allow this freeloader to come stay with you both. Your partner probably knew you would say "no" and maybe that's why it was done so sneakily. Speaking to this guy is a pretty good idea. Did they also stay there for free?

YOu need to put your foot down. It sounds like your boyfriends friends get a pretty good deal in life. They don't sound like they are quite grown up or have any form of responsibility. Eight year old boys stuck in grown mens bodies? Hmmmmmm... sounds like it to me! Talaniman sums it up best. YOu don't need the confusion, drama and disrespect... move out.
    Monkeebizz Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Dearest Stuck.

You need to live in the "present" moment and learn from your "past" mistakes in regards to this repetative situation.
    It would be nice if we could avoid repeating past mistakes by not making them in the first place.
    You will eventually come to a point in your life when you realize that you would rather live alone.I'm assuming that you are in your twenties though so it is nice to think that John and Jane could live happily ever after But all you have to do is listen to Lady Ga ga and remember that In order to begin writing your "Bad Romance" that you two @ least have to get your punctuation in check!
    Or @ least find someone who can spell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move on or get my boyfriend back? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 10 months and he just recently decided the relationship was too stressful and he wanted to end it. I thought for sure he was the one for me. We were so happy together and everything was just perfect. But he said it was too stressful. Im not sure whether I...

Her boyfriend is my mate, but I want her so much [ 4 Answers ]

For years I have known this girl. We went to school together and hung out a bit, I've always had a thing for her and she knows it. We are both older now and pretty close friends. We text everyday and call round eachothers place for coffee, go down the pub and hit the clubs together. Over the...

Does my ex boyfriend want me back? Should I move on? [ 21 Answers ]

UGH! I'm so confused! My ex boyfriend & I dated 2 years ago - he broke up with me because he cheated on me - told me "he didn't deserve me & wasn't into me anymore" only for me to find out from his friends that he had cheated when I went out of town. Even saw my gf's out at a bar & was like "i...

Boyfriend or mate ? [ 3 Answers ]

Me again, this boy I know flirts really badly with me, and I think he is so cute but he likes my best friend, or so he tells me, but once he said he liked me, and then I asked him if he was serious and he said no, he was just joking what should I say to him ? I think I flirt with him, I don't know...

Can a room mate that's not on the lease just move w/out notice? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello group I was involved in a situation with a room mate / longterm friend "asked" me to be there room mate and my aggreeing to it. The thought sounded pretty nice besides we have been friends for over ten years, so we go apartment searching to only find out that she can't be on the lease even...

View more questions Search