Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bulls173v Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 10:22 PM
    Recovery of Windows XP for HP Pavilion ze5500?
    Hey guys I have changed the Hard Drive for my HP Pavilion ze5500 and cannot find the CD to install the operating system.I still have the product key lable on the back of my laptop. Is there any way I could burn the windows XP operating system for this particular model on CD online. Thank you any suggestions and help would be greately appriciated...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 17, 2011, 10:30 PM
    You can get the XP recovery disc directly from HP.
    Here's te information: HP Notebook PCs - Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP - c00810334 - HP Business Support Center
    Bulls173v Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 07:04 PM
    Thanks a lot. Your suggestion was greatly helful to me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows recovery? Can I create a recovery partition? [ 4 Answers ]

I had to fix a computer for a friend. He got viruses on the computer and I have to do a destructive wipe and completely reinstall a fresh copy of windows. This is not the first time it happened and I am looking for a way to cut down the time it takes to fix this thing when it happens again in...

Windows XP Recovery won't complete? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm trying to recover a compaq laptop, 3200 series. I have the recovery disc's and was able to make it through all four disc's but now, it will not start. I have discovered that it says it is missing or corrupt WINDOWS/system32/config/system. It says I can repair with the XP CD, which I...

Application recovery for a Hp Pavilion 6653c [ 1 Answers ]

When trying to run an application recovery on my computer, the recovery will start and ask me what I want to do. It will proceed to a point and then it freezes and stops. What am I doing wrong or what or how to run this.

Hp pavilion recovery<windows root>system32hal.dll [ 1 Answers ]

I made a mistake of not burning my recovery disks out of the system. Now I have a problem with the system and it is showing this error that Windows could not start because the following file is missing System32\hal.dll. Please reinstall a copy of the above file. Could you please assist so I...

Using HP Pavilion application recovery cd [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Help Desk, I'm getting ready to do a reformat using the application recovery disk that came with my computer 5 years ago. I didn't get a separate windows 98 disk so I gather its on this disk from HP that came with my computer when I got it. Everything will be the way it was when it came...

View more questions Search