Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annon_A72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Possible infected?
    Well, I got my belly button pierced for my birthday back in March. The first problem was I didn't take it out like some people said you are supposed to for about 3 months... since I thought you weren't supposed to do anything until after those 3 months. Well eventually I take it out it was fine. Nothing was wrong at least I thought. There is a bit if a raised kind of zit thing there. Its not hard or anything just that every once in a while it will let out this whiteish liquid and then it will be sore to touch that area. Then that liquid will get on the ring and will make it hard to move the ring. So I naturally clean it off. 1.with the rubbing alcohol. 2. with the H2O spay solution they gave me when I originally received the piercing. (#1 and #2 is when I have it with me) and then run the piercing under water and then put it in. Is this wrong? Should I just go see a professional? I really need help this is my first piercing since I was a kid so I am very worried.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Jul 25, 2011, 10:34 AM
    I've heard h2o isn't that great for piercings and rubbing alcohol certainly isn't because it dries out the skin and piercing - it may be killing bacteria but its killing not just the bad bacteria but the good too.

I don't understand your first sentence, did you take it out after 3 months or you didn't clean it until you took it out at 3 months?

If the liquid coming from your piercing is clear/white/slightly yellow, it is normal, it's your body healing itself as you may have torn a part of skin whilst taking out the banana bar. It's the sebaceous glands producing the pus/liquid to moisturize the wound.

Remember, naval piercings do generally take longer to heal because of where it is and the friction that clothing produces. They can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to heal fully.

I suggest just leaving the bar in, don't touch it with dirty fingers (scrub under your nails too), wear clean and breathable clothing and clean with a salt solution 2/3 times a day. The solution should be 1/4 rock salt flakes mixed with 3/4 boiled water from the kettle and left to cool. Also, try not to fiddle with it too much or lay on it.

Good luck. Ramona.
    misscutie24018 Posts: 31, Reputation: -3

Jul 26, 2011, 07:28 PM
    Well I think you need to go see an expensive tattoo place that peirces belly buttons. Or at least a nice tattoo place. The white stuff is a puss patch. You get those when something is infected. You need to leave the earring in and not take it out. And you also need to clean your belly button with warm salt water. That will make the infection go away. When the infection is all better keep cleaning your belly button and belly button ring with salt water and also alcohol when its not infected anymore. Hope this helps and I hope your belly button feels better in a couple of days. Hope my advice in helpful. Good luck annonA72.

-Misscutie24018
    Lyra123 Posts: 184, Reputation: 42

Jul 26, 2011, 07:39 PM

Never use alcohol, peroxide or anything like that. They are NOT meant for deep wounds, which is what a piercing is.

If the white liquid is coming from the piercing itself, as Ramona said, it is normal.

White pus does NOT equal infection, it is how the body works. The darker the liquid the more you should worry.

Do not remove the piercing until it is healed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

Can a girl get infected with HPV when giving oral sex to an infected male? [ 4 Answers ]

Can a girl get infected with HPV when giving oral sex to an infected male who isn't having an outbreak?

Am I infected? [ 1 Answers ]

A few days ago I accidentally (yes, it actually was accidental) downloaded a strange file. I almost immediately found the file on my desktop and deleted it. Then I ran a full sweep with Spysweeper, and it turned up the normal stuff. The next day, my dad wanted to change a security password of...

My PC is infected [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My CPU usage is 100% and has Trojan-Spy.Zbot. Any specifics on this would be highly appreicated. Thanks VK Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 11:08:46 AM, on 4/5/2008

Is it infected? [ 7 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced about a week ago. It is red around the top bead. It is not bleeding and there isn't any puss coming out. Is it starting to get infected or is it just healing?

View more questions Search