Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peachy85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Is it infected?
    I got my belly button pierced about a week ago. It is red around the top bead. It is not bleeding and there isn't any puss coming out. Is it starting to get infected or is it just healing?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 04:21 PM
    When I got mine done it was a little pink for a couple days w/ no puss or anything either. So I just kept cleaning it according to the instructions I was given and it was fine. If you're worried about it call whoever pierced you (assuming it was a professional), they should be able to tell you for sure if you should worry or not.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Being that the piercing is only a week old, I'm not surprised it it a little red. Are you experiencing any more discomfort than normal? Has the piercing gotten caught on anything? What are you cleaning it with and how often are you cleaning it?

With a navel piercing, make sure you wear long shirts, loose jeans, and avoid too much bending over. Shirts that are too short can catch on the jewelry, and tight jeans and too much bending over can irritate it. :)

Jan 29, 2008, 02:32 PM
    I am not really uncomfortable. When I slouch badly, or bend over or accidentally hit it, it hurts. I haven't ever got it caught on anything. But I am using H2Ocean. What do you suggest using to clean it instead
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 02:41 PM
    H2Ocean is basically salt water that they bottle up for you. I personally do not recommend using salt water because it is very drying and irritating, but if you must use it, do not over do it. Don't use it any more than once a day (less than that if you can help it).

Instead, use Dial or any other liquid anti-bacterial soap. It is not as harsh as salt water, but make sure you use the liquid because it does not leave behind as much soap residue.

Also, to relieve the bump, you can use a warm compress on it for 10 minutes twice a day. This should tame the bump down a little. If you start to experience any pain or swelling, you can also take Ibuprofen.

Good luck! :)

Jan 29, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Thank you very much for the information and I will be sure to keep it clean
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 02:54 PM
    You're very welcome hun! :)
    Jessie V Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2008, 06:13 PM
    When I had mine done I was told to wash it with anti-bacterial soap and soak it in sea salt and water. Every time that it started to get tender I would put a little sea salt and water into a shot glass and stick that around my belly button. I had the top pierced when I was 18 and then the bottom pierced when I was 20 both times I was told that sea salt helps so I would use the H2Ocean when it gets sore and irratated. But if you have more concerns I would ask whoever did it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

Is my belly infected [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I got my belly button dun on the 15th December and its been ine I've cleaned it 3 times a day but now I took it out yesterday and there is a lump on the top bar its crusty and oozes sum times is it infected and if so how can I help it

I self perced myself and now I don't know if it is infected [ 2 Answers ]

I self percied myself an I don't know if it is infected ... Hey... me and some of my friends periced my belly buttion and wew of corse got cought and bla... bla well my wound is scabbing and is brused it also hurts really bad well I don't think it is infected or anything but I could be wrong...

I think my belly button is infected [ 2 Answers ]

I got my belly botton pierced and it is red and hard and it hurts when ever I touch It plus pus comes out:( Is it infected?? :eek:

Infected with spyware [ 6 Answers ]

I have all the symptoms of spyware infection... Is there such a thing as free anti-spyware and where can I download it? Thanks

View more questions Search